We are starting to use the CompanionLinkPro Application with our Blackberry's and Goldmine 5.7.

We are being told that there is not a way to create a new contact on the Blackberry and add a sequence to link this to an existing company within Goldmine.

Has anyone found a work around for this? What happens is the new contact is created, but so is a new (though it's a duplicate) of the Company.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    09-25-07 09:36 AM
    Anyone run into this or have a work around or yet, another third-party product?

Thanks.
    10-08-07 02:54 PM
    I am looking at Handheld Contact to live sync with ACT. May want to see if that would do it. It is a subscription service.

WISE
    10-10-07 07:08 AM
    Thanks, I did check that out per your suggestion. Unfortunately, this only works with ACT and we're using Goldmine.

To clarify my issues -

The Goldmine Database is being synced with the Blackberry via Companion Link Pro. This function is working fine.

Issues -

1. There isn't an option to create an appointment by starting from within contacts.

2. From within the Calendar, you can link to a contact, but must type it letter for letter exactly to have it link properly. This can be cumbersome when this are spelled incorrectly or on the go. THIS is a pain point and preventing users from using this functionality.

3. Because of issue #2, this also makes a mess if the user creates a new contact to an existing company. What happens is a new contact record with a new company. So, this causes duplicates within the Company and confusion.

So, any suggestions to all the issues are appreciated. The original post was in reference to issue #3 - but #1 and #2, explain why this is an issue.

Thanks again in advace!!
    10-10-07 11:00 AM
    My bad for some reason I thought they had a program for Goldmine too.

Good Luck with it.

WISE
    10-11-07 07:19 AM
    Please view my new post as we've determined we're going to consider upgrading Goldming to get around these limitations.
    11-01-07 12:17 PM
    I have older version of Goldmine Standard and of course I am having trouble with sync. It doesnt seem to sync with newer information from Goldmine.
    06-26-08 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD