BlackBerry OS: Strengths and Weaknesses
    Interestingly enough, what was true in this article then (5 years ago) is mostly true, now. BES12.5 does have the capability to take the BB10 devices to unexpected levels of features & productivity (Work-Life Balance, Virtual SIM, stronger encryption, & most of the other BES options & features have also been extended by BlackBerry to other phone platforms -- such as enhanced BBM features & encryption, WatchDox file DRM, AtHoc communication streamlining --)). Docs to Go, BBM (& BBM video calls), & BlackBerry's help with securing rivals' enterprise operating systems have also been extended to BlackBerry's rivals.
    Around that time, I considered buying a Samsung Intercept until I learned that Samsung had taken to running Google's mobile OS. I opted for a BlackBerry Bold 9650, instead. I enjoyed it & experienced the joy of upgrading from BlackBerry OS 5 to OS 6 & to 10.1!! I later replaced my Bold 9650 with a Q10 (against the grain of ridicule from most of the store staff) & upgraded BB10.1 to BB10.2 & manually loaded BB10.3 with joy! Over two years later, I am known among that store's staff as "the BlackBerry guy" although I often explain the latest updates of phones from other platforms to them (in addition to addressing their ignorance, misinformation, & presentation sucker-punches to selling any BlackBerry devices). I still enjoy my phone. I have even enjoyed some features for months to at least a year before rival phones. Some features & usage still surprise people. My phone does well, & I still hear & read good things about the BlackBerry Bold & Q10 (among other BlackBerry devices, but I barely read anything at all about the Samsung Intercept. No regrets. I plan to purchase a Passport, eventually. I like the limited edition red, white, & blue iterations of the Passport. I hope that I could get a Passport SE in white trim (although SE means "Silver Edition"). I also entertain the notion of a BB10 Priv or newer BB10 phone (on the horizon).

BlackBerry -- giving competition sour grapes.

Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10.
    Yeah the competition is scared to death of Blackberry, I don't know how they sleep at night
    07-04-16 10:41 AM
    Yeah the competition is scared to death of Blackberry, I don't know how they sleep at night
    According to CNET, Apple is currently being sued by "an arm of China's State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) over a propaganda video from 1994, reports the AP. A SARFT subsidiary, the Movie Satellite Channel Program Production Centre, claims it has exclusive online rights to the film, and that Apple broadcasting the film has caused "huge economic losses."". This is in addition to other lawsuits. CNET reports "Android Nougat, suing Apple for billions, and angering Adele," "Spotify and Apple in an App Store spat," & "Apple starts to shell out $400 million to customers in e-book settlement -- not to mention the pending (but unlikely) lawsuits concerning patent infringement against Apple launched by a man in Florida (for $10B) & the Chinese company that makes the 6 Plus; & not to mention (after at least 40 patent lawsuits against each other) the patent infringement case of Apple against Samsung over the Galaxy 7 & Galaxy 7 Edge. The EU is probing Apple's tax evasion/avoidance practices. 9to5Mac: "Reuters reports that*South Korea�s Fair Trade Commission (FTC) is investigating Apple for possible anti-competitive practices in the country."

Google (Alphabet) expects to battle an appeal of a patent-infringement case from Oracle (regarding Java) while battling an antitrust case from the EU involving Android & a (potentially $7.4B) lawsuit launched against the Google Board by Shareholder Robert Jessup over Android Antitrust Suit.

Such matters could go either way & positively or negatively affect either company's outlook, worth, stock price, plans, & support.

I root for success of ethical practices & for the ethical use of technology, of resources, & of data/information. That's for any company that upholds justice & virtuous methods. That's why I root for BlackBerry, & I see that BlackBerry is gaining momentum. I don't know if its rivals are scared, but had they not been concerned, they wouldn't send so many of their trolls to blogs concerning BlackBerrys, they would not continue to compare themselves to BlackBerry, & they wouldn't be trying so hard via unethical, inappropriate means to suppress BlackBerry's efforts & profits. Had I been wrong about that, those who just don't think that it's going anywhere wouldn't be so adamant to argue against those of us who support BlackBerry.

BlackBerry -- secretly admired by our haters.

07-04-16 02:32 PM
    According to CNET, Apple is currently being sued by "an arm of China's State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) over a propaganda video from 1994, reports the AP. A SARFT subsidiary, the Movie Satellite Channel Program Production Centre, claims it has exclusive online rights to the film, and that Apple broadcasting the film has caused "huge economic losses."". This is in addition to other lawsuits. CNET reports "Android Nougat, suing Apple for billions, and angering Adele," "Spotify and Apple in an App Store spat," & "Apple starts to shell out $400 million to customers in e-book settlement -- not to mention the pending (but unlikely) lawsuits concerning patent infringement against Apple launched by a man in Florida (for $10B) & the Chinese company that makes the 6 Plus; & not to mention (after at least 40 patent lawsuits against each other) the patent infringement case of Apple against Samsung over the Galaxy 7 & Galaxy 7 Edge. The EU is probing Apple's tax evasion/avoidance practices. 9to5Mac: "Reuters reports that*South Korea’s Fair Trade Commission (FTC) is investigating Apple for possible anti-competitive practices in the country."

Google (Alphabet) expects to battle an appeal of a patent-infringement case from Oracle (regarding Java) while battling an antitrust case from the EU involving Android & a (potentially $7.4B) lawsuit launched against the Google Board by Shareholder Robert Jessup over Android Antitrust Suit.

Such matters could go either way & positively or negatively affect either company's outlook, worth, stock price, plans, & support.

I root for success of ethical practices & for the ethical use of technology, of resources, & of data/information. That's for any company that upholds justice & virtuous methods. That's why I root for BlackBerry, & I see that BlackBerry is gaining momentum. I don't know if its rivals are scared, but had they not been concerned, they wouldn't send so many of their trolls to blogs concerning BlackBerrys, they would not continue to compare themselves to BlackBerry, & they wouldn't be trying so hard via unethical, inappropriate means to suppress BlackBerry's efforts & profits. Had I been wrong about that, those who just don't think that it's going anywhere wouldn't be so adamant to argue against those of us who support BlackBerry.

BlackBerry -- secretly admired by our haters.

None of the lawsuits you mentioned above have a single thing to do with Blackberry, or Blackberry against competition, but whatever.

No one compares themselves to Blackberry, they do everything they can to try to avoid being Blackberry which has been a disgrace for years.

No one is suppressing anything for Blackberry, but I always enjoy reading conspiracy theorists who want to make every excuse possible for Blackberry and how its not their fault but everyone else's whose against them.

No one's arguing against Blackberry, its called the reality of a dead OS, BB10. No competitor sends people to other blogs because in reality BB isn't a threat to anyone. They don't care about them. I'm sorry but that's just reality.

And I'm glad you think Blackberry is so virtuous. Let's see, Playbook? Yes, they displayed tremendous virtue there by pulling the plug on a product and telling its customers to shove off. Ummm, Android? They abandoned their OS and haven't shared anything with current customers on any BB10 OS updates outside of security certification updates for govt. The release of the Z10 was even a big F you to people who had been waiting on it and BB decided to delay it for nearly a year because they couldn't get things in order. Oh yeah, how about when they launched BB10 and said that they had 50,000 apps. How virtuous it was of them to declare that when 25,000 of those apps were junk street guides by one developer. Yeah they've definitely showed tremendous virtue. A truly selfless company...
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-04-16 02:46 PM
    None of the lawsuits you mentioned above have a single thing to do with Blackberry, or Blackberry against competition, but whatever.

No one compares themselves to Blackberry, they do everything they can to try to avoid being Blackberry which has been a disgrace for years.

No one is suppressing anything for Blackberry, but I always enjoy reading conspiracy theorists who want to make every excuse possible for Blackberry and how its not their fault but everyone else's whose against them.

No one's arguing against Blackberry, its called the reality of a dead OS, BB10. No competitor sends people to other blogs because in reality BB isn't a threat to anyone. They don't care about them. I'm sorry but that's just reality.

And I'm glad you think Blackberry is so virtuous. Let's see, Playbook? Yes, they displayed tremendous virtue there by pulling the plug on a product and telling its customers to shove off. Ummm, Android? They abandoned their OS and haven't shared anything with current customers on any BB10 OS updates outside of security certification updates for govt. The release of the Z10 was even a big F you to people who had been waiting on it and BB decided to delay it for nearly a year because they couldn't get things in order. Oh yeah, how about when they launched BB10 and said that they had 50,000 apps. How virtuous it was of them to declare that when 25,000 of those apps were junk street guides by one developer. Yeah they've definitely showed tremendous virtue. A truly selfless company...
    Actually, the South Korean FTC's lawsuit against Apple is regards to contract agreements that forced stores to buy minimum quantities of Apple phones & other measures which unfairly influence the way the stores & the employees of those stores approached selling to customers. There's a possibility that those phones in store-bought inventory are possibly counted as Apple units sold (before actually reaching end user ownership). There have been unfair incentives for exchanging BlackBerry phones for phones made by rivals. It's not a conspiracy when it's proven.

The majority of those lawsuits mentioned establish rivals' going concerns that weigh on public perception & therefore market volatility or growth. (HTC has been an example of this. HTC lost over $13B in one year.) As for the Z10, the FIRST order was for one MILLION units before a fraudulent report affected market volatility (& was later handled in court -- after tremendous damage was done). The PlayBook (at least 5 years old, now) received at least one BB10 update; & BB10 is not done. The PlayBook is faring better than the future of the iPhone 4 & 4S--which are not expecting support in the next iOS upgrade.

By the way, most of Android's apps were of horrible quality & had less than 1,000 downloads -- if any. Apple leases the iOS moniker from Cisco -- a BlackBerry partner. It's interesting that Apple is ditching Corning Gorilla Glass 4 displays for Samsung's super AMOLED displays -- as BlackBerry has done. Samsung & Android partnered with BlackBerry to secure their enterprise operating systems (Knox & Android for Work). The Android & Apple vehicle phone apps are running on top of QNX. BBM is aggressively adding cross-platform subscribers with more & better features than rival messenger apps. As BlackBerry flexes it's patents via more & more licensing & implementation & overcomes the perception of app gaps (real & imagined) & continues its current trend of competitive device pricing in better outlets than unfriendly retail stores, its devices are gaining traction. Suppression -- such as yours -- has been rampant & is still coming to light.

None of the companies are perfect, but BlackBerry -- especially under Chen -- has been the best advocate in the mobile phone industry for good ethics -- working with rivals, upholding the the balance between privacy & security with regard to legal responsibility, safeguarding America's infrastructure in government & in medical IoT & in emergency communications (just ask Sony & look at the TSA, the Pentagon, & various colleges & hospitals). Far from a disgrace; just undervalued & underestimated.

07-04-16 04:04 PM
    Actually, the South Korean FTC's lawsuit against Apple is regards to contract agreements that forced stores to buy minimum quantities of Apple phones & other measures which unfairly influence the way the stores & the employees of those stores approached selling to customers. There's a possibility that those phones in store-bought inventory are possibly counted as Apple units sold (before actually reaching end user ownership). There have been unfair incentives for exchanging BlackBerry phones for phones made by rivals. It's not a conspiracy when it's proven.

The majority of those lawsuits mentioned establish rivals' going concerns that weigh on public perception & therefore market volatility or growth. (HTC has been an example of this. HTC lost over $13B in one year.) As for the Z10, the FIRST order was for one MILLION units before a fraudulent report affected market volatility (& was later handled in court -- after tremendous damage was done). The PlayBook (at least 5 years old, now) received at least one BB10 update; & BB10 is not done. The PlayBook is faring better than the future of the iPhone 4 & 4S--which are not expecting support in the next iOS upgrade.

By the way, most of Android's apps were of horrible quality & had less than 1,000 downloads -- if any. Apple leases the iOS moniker from Cisco -- a BlackBerry partner. It's interesting that Apple is ditching Corning Gorilla Glass 4 displays for Samsung's super AMOLED displays -- as BlackBerry has done. Samsung & Android partnered with BlackBerry to secure their enterprise operating systems (Knox & Android for Work). The Android & Apple vehicle phone apps are running on top of QNX. BBM is aggressively adding cross-platform subscribers with more & better features than rival messenger apps. As BlackBerry flexes it's patents via more & more licensing & implementation & overcomes the perception of app gaps (real & imagined) & continues its current trend of competitive device pricing in better outlets than unfriendly retail stores, its devices are gaining traction. Suppression -- such as yours -- has been rampant & is still coming to light.

None of the companies are perfect, but BlackBerry -- especially under Chen -- has been the best advocate in the mobile phone industry for good ethics -- working with rivals, upholding the the balance between privacy & security with regard to legal responsibility, safeguarding America's infrastructure in government & in medical IoT & in emergency communications (just ask Sony & look at the TSA, the Pentagon, & various colleges & hospitals). Far from a disgrace; just undervalued & underestimated.

Dude you are all over the place but I can't argue with a blind fanboy. Oh, by the way, the Playbook did not receive a BB10 update. It didn't receive BB10 at all like was promised by Blackberry. The Product was dumped and Blackberry cut off support for it immediately.

And I don't know what the 4 and 4S has to do with the Playbook. BB stopped supporting it years ago without its BB10 promised update while the 4S was EOL'd years later but was supported for years by Apple.

Keep up the blind worship, you are doing great at it but learn a little more about BB's history and products first.
    07-04-16 04:59 PM
    The PlayBook (at least 5 years old, now) received at least one BB10 update; & BB10 is not done.
    Maybe on your planet...
    07-04-16 05:29 PM
    Dude you are all over the place but I can't argue with a blind fanboy. Oh, by the way, the Playbook did not receive a BB10 update. It didn't receive BB10 at all like was promised by Blackberry. The Product was dumped and Blackberry cut off support for it immediately.

And I don't know what the 4 and 4S has to do with the Playbook. BB stopped supporting it years ago without its BB10 promised update while the 4S was EOL'd years later but was supported for years by Apple.

Keep up the blind worship, you are doing great at it but learn a little more about BB's history and products first.
    Mind your manners; I only worship God. You know not what I see. Perhaps, someone could read this article to you; the PlayBook could run BB10 (sideloaded → https://berryflow.com/BBI/sideloading/). I appreciate the information, though. The 4/4S comparison shows how Apple treats its legacy devices versus how BlackBerry does. While it's an unofficial sideload, it's an option that the PlayBook could access & prolong its relevance.

07-04-16 05:55 PM
    Mind your manners; I only worship God. You know not what I see. Perhaps, someone could read this article to you; the PlayBook could run BB10 (sideloaded → https://berryflow.com/BBI/sideloading/). I appreciate the information, though. The 4/4S comparison shows how Apple treats its legacy devices versus how BlackBerry does. While it's an unofficial sideload, it's an option that the PlayBook could access & prolong its relevance.

That is an app for the Playbook to manage BB10 apps on a BlackBerry 10 phone isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 06:54 PM

Sorry but you're wrong again. That app has nothing to do with running BB10 on the Playbook, because the Playbook couldn't run BB10 even though Blackberry lied to people telling them they were going to release it for the Playbook to dump the stock of them and then they immediately dropped support for it. The Playbook could never run BB10 because it wasn't equipped to run it.

Are you serious with Apple and Legacy devices? The iPhone 4 was released in 2010. If Blackberry is still servicing the Z10 in 2018 then they would have the same level of support that Apple does for legacy devices. Blackberrys last legacy device was the 9900, which was released the same year that the iPhone 4S was, which Blackberry no longer supports. Again, learn your history and come back to me because you are lost.
    Last edited by donnation; 07-04-16 at 09:02 PM.
    07-04-16 07:14 PM
    Sorry but you're wrong again. That app has nothing to do with running BB10 on the Playbook, because the Playbook couldn't run BB10 even though Blackberry lied to people telling them they were going to release it for the Playbook to dump the stock of them and then they immediately dropped support for it. The Playbook could never run BB10 because it wasn't equipped to run it.

Are you serious with Apple and Legacy devices? The iPhone 4 was released in 2010. If Blackberry is still servicing the Z10 in 2018 then they would have the same level of support that Apple does for legacy devices. Blackberrys last legacy device was the 9900, which was released the same year that the iPhone 4S was, which Blackberry no longer supports. Again, learn your history and come back to me because you are lost.
    Learn to scroll up as I already told you that I ran BB10 on a Bold 9650, & I provided a direct link to putting BB10 on a PlayBook. Heins yanked official BB10 support for the PlayBook because AFTER HE LOADED IT ON THE PLAYBOOK, he didn't like how it looked. What else ya' got??

07-04-16 10:29 PM
    Learn to scroll up as I already told you that I ran BB10 on a Bold 9650, & I provided a direct link to putting BB10 on a PlayBook. Heins yanked official BB10 support for the PlayBook because AFTER HE LOADED IT ON THE PLAYBOOK, he didn't like how it looked. What else ya' got??

Hahahahaha, please tell me another joke how you got BB10 running on a 9650. Hahahaha, I'm sorry but that's not possible but thanks for the laugh. Please send me the video link of this miracle that you achieved. And no you didn't provide me with a link of any sort. You provided me a link to an app you could side load on the Playbook to manage apps on a BB10 phone.

And Heins yanked it because he didn't like how it looked? He yanked it because it was a stuttering mess because the Playbook was too weak to run it. Thank you for the humor though.
    07-04-16 10:34 PM
    Ah! How right you were--both of you! No bother. Here's the link that I was intending: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-736036/.

Now, I also must mind my manners � especially in the spirit of kindhearted celebration of this important holiday. Happy 4th of July to you all.

07-04-16 10:39 PM
    Ah! How right you were--both of you! No bother. Here's the link that I was intending: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-736036/.

Now, I also must mind my manners � especially in the spirit of kindhearted celebration of this important holiday. Happy 4th of July to you all.

Again, not BB10. That's a Dev alpha version that is not BB10 and doesn't come close to half working, which is why Blackberry abandoned it and why no one ever took it any further.

Still waiting on your Bold 9650 video of you running BB10 on it. I can't wait to see it.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-04-16 10:47 PM
    I think that you are right, again. I think that I upgraded my Q10 from OS6 to BB10. (I was thinking that it already had BB10 & that the other made it all the way up. Good ethics are everyone's responsibility. Good call.

07-04-16 10:47 PM
    Question: How does PlayBook support play into whether or not Chen will seek to make another BB10 device? I'm glad that you have a sense of humor. We should all have a good laugh, & I'm sure that we will. Hmmm.

07-04-16 10:54 PM
    Question: How does PlayBook support play into whether or not Chen will seek to make another BB10 device? I'm glad that you have a sense of humor. We should all have a good laugh, & I'm sure that we will. Hmmm.

It doesn't. You were talking about how virtuous a company Blackberry is and I was pointing out the Playbook as an example of how and when they weren't, as well as their track record for how they treat current and legacy devices is awful.

And your Q10 never had OS6 on it. It wasn't and has never been a legacy device. It was released in 2013 as BB's first physical keyboard BB10 device.
    Last edited by donnation; 07-05-16 at 09:09 AM.
    07-05-16 12:03 AM
    I think that you are right, again. I think that I upgraded my Q10 from OS6 to BB10. (I was thinking that it already had BB10 & that the other made it all the way up. Good ethics are everyone's responsibility. Good call.

That's impossible.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 09:05 AM
117 ... 345