I like that!!! I will see if I can share it on FB.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    06-26-16 02:44 PM
    Awesome but why just the Passport as the BlackBerry 10 offering these days?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 04:51 PM
    Awesome but why just the Passport as the BlackBerry 10 offering these days?

Posted via CB10
    They promote the passport much more because its the unique one, A Classic or Leap won't attract anyone.. Sad though, I think they should promote the Classic..
    06-26-16 04:58 PM
    They promote the passport much more because its the unique one, A Classic or Leap won't attract anyone.. Sad though, I think they should promote the Classic..
    I just thought maybe Classic as well.

Posted via CB10
    Sairos likes this.
    06-26-16 08:04 PM
    The Classic is no longer in production (possibly the Leap as well given the similar specs), this could explain why the Passport is taking center stage for BB10.

More info here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post12475991
    06-26-16 08:59 PM
    The Classic is no longer in production (possibly the Leap as well given the similar specs), this could explain why the Passport is taking center stage for BB10.

More info here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post12475991
    Yeah I heard this recently from a member here.. He said something about BlackBerry not able to get the Parts.. I knew that Foxconn produced it.. So you're saying that's the reason they're not marketing it?.. I thought they had surplus stock of every device they made recently.
    06-26-16 09:20 PM
    Yeah I heard this recently from a member here.. He said something about BlackBerry not able to get the Parts.. I knew that Foxconn produced it.. So you're saying that's the reason they're not marketing it?.. I thought they had surplus stock of every device they made recently.
    I don't know if it's "the" reason but it could definitely be a reason. If demand picks up and they run out of Classic's then that's basically it but at least with the Passport they have the option of making more if needed.
    06-26-16 11:40 PM
    I don't know if it's "the" reason but it could definitely be a reason. If demand picks up and they run out of Classic's then that's basically it but at least with the Passport they have the option of making more if needed.
    Yeah only problem is, demand won't pick up.. Thanks for the info.
    06-26-16 11:42 PM
    That initial noise is brutal in that ad. Be alert? Gee, thanks. This whole "protected" thing just doesn't work with consumers. People just assume that Google or Apple do what they need to do.Only IT professionals at a narrowband of companies or governmental entities really care about this stuff.

Hillary Clinto didn't care about security and she was a BBOS user.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 11:24 AM
    Well, we'll see about that! New popup stores, improved marketing, stronger financials, higher certifications, resilient products & user base, even more features unveiling with updates, growing prominence & realization of relevance in various industries, surprised consumers who REALLY like & WANT this device that they had never seen before, incentive pricing & grouping, growing presence.... There's more to be seen, & it's working!

Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10.
    07-02-16 04:08 PM
    Maybe the Passport can fain traction because it's a revolutionary design that no one knows about but people love when they see it.

Chen could sell many, many Passports of he played his cards right.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 06:10 AM
    Maybe the Passport can fain traction because it's a revolutionary design that no one knows about but people love when they see it.

Chen could sell many, many Passports of he played his cards right.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone outside of a Blackberry diehard buying the Passport now is wasting their money. You're buying a phone with a dead OS that hasn't been updated in forever and isn't going to see any significant updates outside of security certification.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-03-16 07:19 AM
    Anyone outside of a Blackberry diehard buying the Passport now is wasting their money. You're buying a phone with a dead OS that hasn't been updated in forever and isn't going to see any significant updates outside of security certification.
    That's not what Chen said! Developer Hero program, Great Apps on BlackBerry program, recertification of virtually all of the current mobile side of BlackBerry -- especially BB10, OS updates have averaged a yearly iteration, & the best is yet to come.

07-03-16 07:39 AM
    That's not what Chen said! Developer Hero program, Great Apps on BlackBerry program, recertification of virtually all of the current mobile side of BlackBerry -- especially BB10, OS updates have averaged a yearly iteration, & the best is yet to come.

Best is yet to come? They have also been saying that future updates will be security related only. Without functionality improvements, the browser will continue to struggle. Major apps have ditched the platform. I am trying to understand what to look forward too as other platforms continue to improve and update all aspects of their operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 08:29 AM
    Best is yet to come? They have also been saying that future updates will be security related only. Without functionality improvements, the browser will continue to struggle. Major apps have ditched the platform. I am trying to understand what to look forward too as other platforms continue to improve and update all aspects of their operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    The others are merely attempting to play catchup & are still behind in terms of everything except apps & sales. (Apple HAS to do something!) There are reasons for this, & those things are part of what to expect to be updated. "Major apps" do not include social apps because that's already being handled. "Major apps" are already being addressed via Great Apps on BlackBerry, Developer Hero , the rewrapping of Good apps, expansion of new technologies (such as IoT, BlackBerry Radar, ADAS, & more). You spoke of functionality improvements. It would seem that security improvements lay the foundation for everything else -- including browser updates & so on. Don't you know ANYTHING about BlackBerry? It starts all of its actions, developments, updates, innovations, features, apps, functions, designs, & experience with security in mind first & throughout. So, hang onto your skivvies, the best is yet to come.

07-03-16 08:46 AM

Yeah I'm sorry but you are in the clouds. Blackberry can't give away phones right now. The OS hasn't been updated in months and there isn't any updates coming outside of security certification (which is what Chen said), they aren't releasing any more BB10 devices, and the app store is a wasteland. The best may be yet to come, but anything that comes is going to be running Android.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-03-16 10:14 AM
    Yeah I'm sorry but you are in the clouds. Blackberry can't give away phones right now. The OS hasn't been updated in months and there isn't any updates coming outside of security certification (which is what Chen said), they aren't releasing any more BB10 devices, and the app store is a wasteland. The best may be yet to come, but anything that comes is going to be running Android.
    Yes, I am optimistic & I disagree with the rest of your previous post.

07-03-16 10:18 AM
    The others are merely attempting to play catchup & are still behind in terms of everything except apps & sales. (Apple HAS to do something!) There are reasons for this, & those things are part of what to expect to be updated. "Major apps" do not include social apps because that's already being handled. "Major apps" are already being addressed via Great Apps on BlackBerry, Developer Hero , the rewrapping of Good apps, expansion of new technologies (such as IoT, BlackBerry Radar, ADAS, & more). You spoke of functionality improvements. It would seem that security improvements lay the foundation for everything else -- including browser updates & so on. Don't you know ANYTHING about BlackBerry? It starts all of its actions, developments, updates, innovations, features, apps, functions, designs, & experience with security in mind first & throughout. So, hang onto your skivvies, the best is yet to come.

The others are playing catchup? Blackberry has been doing nothing for the last 9 years but playing catch up, and they aren't going to catch up with BB10. What "Major Apps" do you think BB is going to be offering. They aren't. IOT is just a word. It doesn't mean anything in terms of phones because BB10 is out of that race when it comes to doing anything with their phones and the IOT as far as phones are concerned. You are confusing what they are doing with QNX as something that involves BB10. It doesn't and no cars are going to have anything to do with BB10, which is where BB's IOT is gaining traction. And no, security improvements don't lay the foundation for everything else. Security does not improve functionality or make the day to day actions of using an older BB10 phone more fluid. The upcoming security update isn't adding any new features no matter how hard you want to wish that it is.
    07-03-16 10:21 AM
    It's Chen's fault people believe this. Updates into next year at least. No company would drop support that quickly unless in BK.

So what if no new features -- it doean't need any. It just needs to work.
    07-03-16 09:49 PM
    The others are playing catchup? Blackberry has been doing nothing for the last 9 years but playing catch up, and they aren't going to catch up with BB10. What "Major Apps" do you think BB is going to be offering. They aren't. IOT is just a word. It doesn't mean anything in terms of phones because BB10 is out of that race when it comes to doing anything with their phones and the IOT as far as phones are concerned. You are confusing what they are doing with QNX as something that involves BB10. It doesn't and no cars are going to have anything to do with BB10, which is where BB's IOT is gaining traction. And no, security improvements don't lay the foundation for everything else. Security does not improve functionality or make the day to day actions of using an older BB10 phone more fluid. The upcoming security update isn't adding any new features no matter how hard you want to wish that it is.
    Aww, he missed the part about "excluding apps & sales" -- yes, the others have been playing catchup as evidenced by battery endurance, hardware materials, the march toward encryption, advanced gestures, laughable attempts at non-BlackBerry (but BlackBerry-inspired) physical keyboard accessories, efforts to improve upon sound volume & quality, RELIANCE on BlackBerry apps that have been standard inclusions on BlackBerry phones, & even the Priv's 18 MP camera seemed to spark the development of a 21 MP camera that only seems to make it into conversation when speaking of the Priv. Oh, yeah -- the Priv brought SD cards back to mainstream smartphone feature sets. Not only that, but the Priv led the charge with support of SD cards up to 2TB! Oh yeah, BlackBerry has improved upon the industry's trend in updating phones more regularly -- & yes, none of them do it nearly as well as that BlackBerry swagger!! BlackBerry's updates are known for accelerating & optimizing existing features & adding new ones -- which is CLEARLY why anti-BlackBerry analysts, journalists, & media seldom do any BlackBerry reviews except for fresh out of the box. "Major Apps" are for ENTERPRISES -- BlackBerry's prosumers include enterprises, & "Major apps" are still on the platform while the ones that perhaps caught your attention are already being addressed. That's part of what the emphasis on software is about -- with an influx of new hires, at that. You are sadly mistaken to regard IoT as merely a word & to imagine that it has nothing to do with modern PDA's called smartphones. Security has everything to do with updates & access -- especially Web browsers! By the way, QNX is the foundation of BB10 which securely made BlackBerry's devices -- old AND new -- more fluid. Just because you don't see the connection doesn't mean that it's artful conjecture. We can just wait (on the independent labs; BlackBerry already did its part) & see.

07-03-16 09:54 PM
    We can say that in the past, during the golden days.. the others have been playing catch up, but when it comes to the last 5 years or so.. Its BlackBerry who is the doing the catching up.. There is still some great element about BlackBerry phones until today, that other companies fail to replicate.
    07-03-16 10:04 PM
    Aww, he missed the part about "excluding apps & sales" -- yes, the others have been playing catchup as evidenced by battery endurance, hardware materials, the march toward encryption, advanced gestures, laughable attempts at non-BlackBerry (but BlackBerry-inspired) physical keyboard accessories, efforts to improve upon sound volume & quality, RELIANCE on BlackBerry apps that have been standard inclusions on BlackBerry phones, & even the Priv's 18 MP camera seemed to spark the development of a 21 MP camera that only seems to make it into conversation when speaking of the Priv. Oh, yeah -- the Priv brought SD cards back to mainstream smartphone feature sets. Not only that, but the Priv led the charge with support of SD cards up to 2TB! Oh yeah, BlackBerry has improved upon the industry's trend in updating phones more regularly -- & yes, none of them do it nearly as well as that BlackBerry swagger!! BlackBerry's updates are known for accelerating & optimizing existing features & adding new ones -- which is CLEARLY why anti-BlackBerry analysts, journalists, & media seldom do any BlackBerry reviews except for fresh out of the box. "Major Apps" are for ENTERPRISES -- BlackBerry's prosumers include enterprises, & "Major apps" are still on the platform while the ones that perhaps caught your attention are already being addressed. That's part of what the emphasis on software is about -- with an influx of new hires, at that. You are sadly mistaken to regard IoT as merely a word & to imagine that it has nothing to do with modern PDA's called smartphones. Security has everything to do with updates & access -- especially Web browsers! By the way, QNX is the foundation of BB10 which securely made BlackBerry's devices -- old AND new -- more fluid. Just because you don't see the connection doesn't mean that it's artful conjecture. We can just wait (on the independent labs; BlackBerry already did its part) & see.

Right. None of what you said is remotely true, but keep the faith.
    07-03-16 10:48 PM
    It's Chen's fault people believe this. Updates into next year at least. No company would drop support that quickly unless in BK.

So what if no new features -- it doean't need any. It just needs to work.
    Chen has been quite clear about where the market for BB10 devices is, I don't see how he is to blame?

To recap,

BlackBerry CEO wants to sell 5 million phones a year | The Verge
    07-03-16 11:24 PM
    That number has been reduced to 3 mil or less now, just to make sure everyone is up to speed.
    07-03-16 11:28 PM
    Right. None of what you said is remotely true, but keep the faith.
    http://blackberry-strengths-weakness...cles.r-tt.com/
    Interestingly enough, what was true in this article then (5 years ago) is mostly true, now. BES12.5 does have the capability to take the BB10 devices to unexpected levels of features & productivity (Work-Life Balance, Virtual SIM, stronger encryption, & most of the other BES options & features have also been extended by BlackBerry to other phone platforms -- such as enhanced BBM features & encryption, WatchDox file DRM, AtHoc communication streamlining --)). Docs to Go, BBM (& BBM video calls), & BlackBerry's help with securing rivals' enterprise operating systems have also been extended to BlackBerry's rivals.
    Around that time, I considered buying a Samsung Intercept until I learned that Samsung had taken to running Google's mobile OS. I opted for a BlackBerry Bold 9650, instead. I enjoyed it & experienced the joy of upgrading from BlackBerry OS 5 to OS 6 & to 10.1!! I later replaced my Bold 9650 with a Q10 (against the grain of ridicule from most of the store staff) & upgraded BB10.1 to BB10.2 & manually loaded BB10.3 with joy! Over two years later, I am known among that store's staff as "the BlackBerry guy" although I often explain the latest updates of phones from other platforms to them (in addition to addressing their ignorance, misinformation, & presentation sucker-punches to selling any BlackBerry devices). I still enjoy my phone. I have even enjoyed some features for months to at least a year before rival phones. Some features & usage still surprise people. My phone does well, & I still hear & read good things about the BlackBerry Bold & Q10 (among other BlackBerry devices, but I barely read anything at all about the Samsung Intercept. No regrets. I plan to purchase a Passport, eventually. I like the limited edition red, white, & blue iterations of the Passport. I hope that I could get a Passport SE in white trim (although SE means "Silver Edition"). I also entertain the notion of a BB10 Priv or newer BB10 phone (on the horizon).

BlackBerry -- giving competition sour grapes.

07-04-16 10:30 AM
117 ... 2345