I thought I was seeing things. Oh wow!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 10:09 PM
    And what exactly was it that BlackBerry was advertising?
    06-16-16 10:34 PM
    I could not believe my eyes!!! Lol an actual blackberry commercial!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-17-16 04:00 AM
    I guess its a Priv or software commercial, any link available?
    06-17-16 11:57 AM
    Which ad did they run?
    06-17-16 12:30 PM
    Both the Passport & Priv were highlighted. I remember it opening with a half screen sized BB symbol, and some kind of focus on medical industry (someone w/ a lab coat on holding a PP), then it went into form and function of each while flashing images of industry in the background. Some classy, vibrant text of 'privacy' and 'security' immersed the foreground. It finally ended showing off the Priv and smooth sliding keyboard on the left and the Passport, in all its splendor, on the right. Pretty remnant of all their commercial snippets of recent years, except strikingly bolder.

It all happened so fast and seemingly at once. My mouth must have been open the whole time. That's all that stuck w/ me guys, except for the fact that their was no commentary throughout.. it wasn't required. Just a clean, crisp soundscape, as if you were on a BBM voice call. Been trying to find a link today, no haps. Pshh.. took me back though.

T'was pretty dope!
    Sairos, FahedAlDerbi and 3Dee like this.
    06-17-16 01:49 PM
    Did anyone see the BlackBerry Twitter account posting a couple days ago? Something about write apps for BB10 and be rewarded?

I thought they'd given up on that sort of begging too.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 03:01 PM
    Both the Passport & Priv were highlighted. I remember it opening with a half screen sized BB symbol, and some kind of focus on medical industry (someone w/ a lab coat on holding a PP), then it went into form and function of each while flashing images of industry in the background. Some classy, vibrant text of 'privacy' and 'security' immersed the foreground. It finally ended showing off the Priv and smooth sliding keyboard on the left and the Passport, in all its splendor, on the right. Pretty remnant of all their commercial snippets of recent years, except strikingly bolder.

It all happened so fast and seemingly at once. My mouth must have been open the whole time. That's all that stuck w/ me guys, except for the fact that their was no commentary throughout.. it wasn't required. Just a clean, crisp soundscape, as if you were on a BBM voice call. Been trying to find a link today, no haps. Pshh.. took me back though.

T'was pretty dope!
    Thanks for the Info, They've been quite focused on the medical industry lately.. Its all over their blog and twitter account.. I've been trying to find the commercial on YouTube too but no luck so far..
    06-17-16 03:18 PM
    What show was it during?
    06-17-16 03:33 PM
    Nba playoffs

06-17-16 04:04 PM
    People at the bar (in NYC) were saying "blackberry still exists?" These were people I wasn't with, everyone I know knows I'm the last person they know with a BlackBerry.

anon(2026370) likes this.
    06-17-16 06:21 PM
    People at the bar (in NYC) were saying "blackberry still exists?" These were people I wasn't with, everyone I know knows I'm the last person they know with a BlackBerry.

Ignorance, Such is the dark age we live in ..
    06-17-16 06:28 PM

Why they need to do these ads and many more!
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    06-18-16 01:17 AM
    I thought I was seeing things. Oh wow!!!

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure their was no alcohol involved.............LOL. Great to hear !

Woof!
    06-18-16 07:28 AM
    Did anyone see the BlackBerry Twitter account posting a couple days ago? Something about write apps for BB10 and be rewarded?

I thought they'd given up on that sort of begging too.

Posted via CB10
    The new Developer Hero Program will help showcase BlackBerry 10 apps | CrackBerry.com
    06-18-16 09:31 AM
    Just came back from a business trip to Charlotte NC, beautiful part of the country. Sitting outside enjoying a beer with a bunch of American friends I pulled out my BlackBerry everyone was surprised it still existed but also fascinated by the quality of the Z10. The big downside was the apps or lack off, if you can get passed that what a great piece of hardware.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 11:29 AM
    Ignorance, Such is the dark age we live in ..
    Or lack of brand promotion leading people to think such.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-18-16 11:50 AM
    Or lack of brand promotion leading people to think such.
    Depends on how you see it.. is there a lack of marketing? Yes, Of course.. Its almost non-existent.. But to think that the brand doesn't exist at all is rather ignorant in my opinion.
    06-18-16 12:44 PM
    I don't think it is ignorant if people don't know they still exist if they never see them from day to day. Most people have much more important things to do.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 12:53 PM
    I don't think it is ignorant if people don't know they still exist if they never see them from day to day. Most people have much more important things to do.

Posted via CB10
    Any Person who knows his Tech is aware BlackBerry still exist.. They're still making phones and you will always bump into a Priv Review or article in the big tech websites like Cnet or techradar.

When you buy a phone, it's your business to know all the options in the market so you can make the best decision.. The Priv has been voted one of the best smartphones of 2015/Early 2016 in a lot of websites.

Lets assume you're buying an android device.. You go check the best android devices.. If You do your homework right, you'll know about the Priv.. (Regardless if its a good phone Vs the Competition) We're talking about the knowledge that it exists.

People end up with a lot of inferior smartphones because they're affected by the strong marketing campaigns (Not the best smartphones).. If people judge Tech based on merit and quality, Samsung wouldn't have sold any Galaxy S Devices before S6 as there were more superior phones like the (HTC M7 & M8.)..

He who increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.. but ends up making the right decision xD..
    00stryder likes this.
    06-18-16 01:23 PM
    I think one of the biggest issues that affected Blackberry was the changing of the name. Previously they were Research in Motion or RIM and they developed a product called a BlackBerry.

During the BlackBerry 10 launch they changed the company's name to BlackBerry, the same name that was being ridiculed online and in the media along with consumers. It was in a lot of ways a failing product and a failing company at the time. Today with the software and enterprise security focus Research in Motion sounds so much more appropriate!

Another thing to also know is that the brand is heavily damaged in a lot of ways in key markets like the US, still some decent life here in Canada but mostly the diehards. A lot of consumers who were previous BlackBerry users were either Bold 9000, Curve and maybe Torch owners. The 9900 sold very very well amongst corporate, government and hard core consumers but not incredible volumes amongst consumers. In some ways the nostalgia factor for BlackBerry for a lot of consumers was "ohh I loved my Blackberry but then I got an iPhone 6+ years ago"

The smartphone wars amongst users is also dead. People use to get so worked up and excited over new devices from different brands, everybody was trying to convince people their phone was of superior quality and function. I would watch iPhone friends talk non stop almost never working Siri and I had Samsung Android friends wave their hands in the area like magicians trying to get some stupid feature to change the page of a text or e-book. In today's environment outside of Web forums where fans go to discuss things, people don't really care what others use. It's just become a choice of product that suits your needs like a brand of jeans or the car you drive.

I for one will be staying BlackBerry for as long as I can and to see the resurgence in popularity that the 9900 is having in that forum is amazing. Full thrill back and going back to the old days. There will be a time when having a BlackBerry will be very unique and intriguing for a lot of people.

Sorry about the long post but does anyone have a copy of this famous commercial that played during the game??? I would love to see it. I am sure it's available somewhere online.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Sairos likes this.
    06-18-16 01:35 PM
    Any Person who knows his Tech is aware BlackBerry still exist.. They're still making phones and you will always bump into a Priv Review or article in the big tech websites like Cnet or techradar.

When you buy a phone, it's your business to know all the options in the market so you can make the best decision.. The Priv has been voted one of the best smartphones of 2015/Early 2016 in a lot of websites.

Lets assume you're buying an android device.. You go check the best android devices.. If You do your homework right, you'll know about the Priv.. (Regardless if its a good phone Vs the Competition) We're talking about the knowledge that it exists.

People end up with a lot of inferior smartphones because they're affected by the strong marketing campaigns (Not the best smartphones).. If people judge Tech based on merit and quality, Samsung wouldn't have sold any Galaxy S Devices before S6 as there were more superior phones like the (HTC M7 & M8.)..

He who increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.. but ends up making the right decision xD..
    Most of the people I know don't research what phone to buy, they only know iPhone or Samsung. So if they walk into a store that doesn't have any BlackBerrys on display, they assume that they don't exist!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    06-18-16 01:50 PM
    Most of the people I know don't research what phone to buy, they only know iPhone or Samsung. So if they walk into a store that doesn't have any BlackBerrys on display, they assume that they don't exist!!

Yes I agree and that's the problem, the phone with the best marketing wins.. This is also the problem when it comes to buying anything because usually the best product is not the best one marketed.
    BigAl_BB9900 and OTCHRussell like this.
    06-18-16 03:05 PM

Or many other products for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and OTCHRussell like this.
    06-18-16 03:49 PM
    Just came back from a business trip to Charlotte NC, beautiful part of the country. Sitting outside enjoying a beer with a bunch of American friends I pulled out my BlackBerry everyone was surprised it still existed but also fascinated by the quality of the Z10. The big downside was the apps or lack off, if you can get passed that what a great piece of hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I get the same reaction to my Passport from many Americans I meet at conferences - though some just ask me if I have a job in government, as they assume that only governments buy BlackBerry nowadays.
    06-18-16 04:14 PM
117 123 ...