11-05-13 11:35 AM
    It's definitely awesome that he plans to focus on the long term growth and not a fire sale. Hopefully the finances can be corrected in the next few quarters.

From the sounds of it, neither Chen nor Watsa want to let BlackBerry die easy, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more money pumped in later if it needed to be.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:38 AM
    It's definitely awesome that he plans to focus on the long term growth and not a fire sale. Hopefully the finances can be corrected in the next few quarters.

From the sounds of it, neither Chen nor Watsa want to let BlackBerry die easy, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more money pumped in later if it needed to be.

Posted via CB10
    More money "pumped" in.... You do know that these are loans with some strings attached. They give BlackBerry time, but ultimately they need to GET THINGS RIGHT and start selling something that brings in more revenues than it takes to operate the company.

And you should know by now that what a CEO says one day, can be total different from what they do on the next day.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-05-13 03:23 PM
    According to the article, Heins is eligible for $14 million compensation. Sweet money for destroying billings in market value.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using CB Forums mobile app
    11-05-13 03:32 PM
    More money "pumped" in.... You do know that these are loans with some strings attached. They give BlackBerry time, but ultimately they need to GET THINGS RIGHT and start selling something that brings in more revenues than it takes to operate the company.

And you should know by now that what a CEO says one day, can be total different from what they do on the next day.
    You need to remove your blinders and narrow interpretations. I am well aware of that, but how does that even relate to my statement? It is still pumping money into something. When the government buys bonds, it's pumping money into the economy. Bond purchasing and selling is infusing, contributing or pumping money. If you had interpreted my statement in a managerial business sense, you would understand that I DID in fact say things needed to improve, but additional funds being infused, contributed or pumped into the company to assist in the upswing was not out of the realm of reality.

I never said it was FACT that nothing would change or be sold/killed, did I? I said it sounds like they will stay with that plan.
    11-05-13 03:40 PM
    What's funny is that the article puts the spotlight on the pessimistic side of things while completely ignoring why cash has been "vanishing". Not a word about the right down in inventory to push it to consumers. Nada on how with every down tick on the stock shorters are cashing in and sucking the "cash" out. Not even any credit given to the fact that they've engaged in a massive cost cutting and efficiency review.

It's just more of the same. Kicking them while their down and pushing the garbage that it's just their own fault.
    11-05-13 03:49 PM
    The write down doesn't impact cash.
    BlackBerry is simply spending more than they are taking in.
    And that's not kicking anyone - that's finance.

What optimistic items should have been included in the article?
    11-05-13 03:56 PM
    The write down doesn't impact cash.
    BlackBerry is simply spending more than they are taking in.
    And that's not kicking anyone - that's finance.
    Exactly. Also, cash on hand in this case has nothing to do with the stock price. It's not as though the revenue in a share sale comes out of BBRY's pocket.
    11-05-13 03:59 PM
    They can always issue shares later. Common way is for some large brokers to short the stock....then replace the shares with a share offering... looks like they are being nice guys...buying stock...where in reality they are just making a profit after covering their shorts!

It equals dilution but at the end if the day it is cash.

It is too bad BlackBerry did not think to do this when the stock was $100 it is a lot less dilutive.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    11-05-13 04:43 PM
    The company has lots of potential still, although the downside is being magnified by the media. BBM alone will likely be worth more than the entire company's current market cap if the roll out continues successfully

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    11-05-13 04:46 PM