BlackBerry users are rare, even if they use a dtek or priv.

But people that are stockpiling bb10 devices, in all variants, colors and Porsche designs, are even more rare!

Reminds me of posts I'd read when people would get like 20 curves or Bolds to prepare for the end of BlackBerry (or the end of the world.)

I have my own stockpile of devices, but I enjoy observing the ocd behavior of the crackberry users.

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    08-12-16 03:12 PM
    Yeah there was one guy on here claiming his marriage was over because of his Passport stockpiling. But pretty much the same mentality as those that for four years have "supported BlackBerry" by buying stock as it's value continued to fall....

Very fine line between being a fan and being a fanatic.

Fan - a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing.
    Fanatic - a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
    MikeX74 and blackmass like this.
    08-12-16 03:27 PM
    Uh oh just bought a third passport and a BlackBerry Classic to add to the collection.

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/ 10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 08-15-16 at 06:48 PM.
    08-12-16 06:08 PM
    BlackBerry users are rare, even if they use a dtek or priv.

But people that are stockpiling bb10 devices, in all variants, colors and Porsche designs, are even more rare!

Posted via CB10
    I think you've got that wrong. It's a fact that people buying Priv's and DTEK50 are far fewer than the 20 million or so still sporting BB10 or BBOS devices.
    08-13-16 12:44 AM
    Lol my Q10 = work, Classic = life planner, Z30 = super surfing...this is normal right?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 08:19 AM

Reminds me of posts I'd read when people would get like 20 curves or Bolds to prepare for the end of BlackBerry (or the end of the world.)

I have my own stockpile of devices, but I enjoy observing the ocd behavior of the crackberry users.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck getting BIS Running when the World ends, an old Nextel with built-in walkie-talkie would be a better investment.
    08-13-16 08:26 AM
    So I have become a collectors item, cool!

Long Live BB10!
    08-13-16 08:53 AM
    So I have become a collectors item, cool!

Long Live BB10!
    Old school or old's cool?

*A3-A20
    08-13-16 08:58 AM
    Good luck getting BIS Running when the World ends, an old Nextel with built-in walkie-talkie would be a better investment.
    You can work around the lack of BIS. But you won't be able to use the devices for phone calls or SMS when 2G and 3G networks get shut down, or use alternative email and messenger apps when the SSL and TLS encryption they use becomes deprecated.
    08-13-16 09:38 AM
    Yeah there was one guy on here claiming his marriage was over because of his Passport stockpiling. But pretty much the same mentality as those that for four years have "supported BlackBerry" by buying stock as it's value continued to fall....

Fan - a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing.
    Fanatic - a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
    Guess you have not checked BlackBerry rising stock price on your Bloomberg app this week?
    Raymond Jones analyst, Steven Li, upgraded the stock yesterday to "market outperform"

Hater- a person who dislikes intensely

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 08-13-16 at 10:49 AM.
    08-13-16 09:55 AM
    In that case, I guess I'm a Fanatic considering I have every 4,5,6,7, and 10 devices excluding leap.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 11:37 PM
    In that case, I guess I'm a Fanatic considering I have every 4,5,6,7, and 10 devices excluding leap.

Posted via CB10
    Excluding Leap? *eek*

Lol, no... my wife cracked the screen of hers last week. But, luckily, these are available as an aftermarket part... :-)

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    08-14-16 11:49 PM
    Excluding Leap? *eek*

Lol, no... my wife cracked the screen of hers last week. But, luckily, these are available as an aftermarket part... :-)

  There's a Crack in my wife's Berry right now...  
    Fixed it for ya.

*ME173X
    08-15-16 01:34 AM
    Its not odd behavior.. Definitely not OCD behavior too.. Stockpiling or collecting devices doesn't qualify as OCD, not that I'm a medical expert anyway..

You like a product, you fear it may cease to exist.. you buy a lot of it.. Simple, See?..

Lets not spin it into something weird.. And do remember that the product is your phone.. Which is something people spend more time on than their families. Its literally the closest and most used item for most people. All in, it makes sense..
    08-15-16 02:51 AM

The marriage breaking story is not here only.. Its a problem with people not BlackBerry or CrackBerry users.. I'm sure A LOT of marriages & relationships were destroyed because of iPhones & Samsungs.. Generally its a problem with people's behavior and their obsession with phones.. Not a BlackBerry epidemic.

Now, I agree with the stock buying thing, when I see someone saying "I've supported BlackBerry, bought the stock and lost all the money in the world".. I just have the hardest time trying to resist telling them you're a bunch of idiots.

You're a fan of the company, what does buying its stock have to do with it? The main idea behind buying stock is for profits, Its one of the most important concepts to make decisions excluding emotions and all the BS when you buy stocks.. and yet here they're, proudly telling people I bought the stock because I'm a fan, well sir you're an Idi.ot.. I'm not going to show you some compassion or tell you sorry for your loss..

People, If you like the company and want to support it, buy its products.. Don't buy the stock unless you think its a wise decision void of emotion.. When you buy a stock, you're a calculating machine, not a human..
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-15-16 03:07 AM
    well sir you're an Idi.ot.
    Only if they realize a loss by panic emotional selling! Ethical, green etc buying motives in a diversified portfolio will pay off as well as conventional "calculated buying" over the long- term. Finally, there is the " intuition" factor like the guy in Canada who wins the lotto so much that the police investigate him and find nothing wrong. I saw him interviewed and he says he just really believes he is going to win, then he does.

BB, Still the One
    08-15-16 04:55 AM
    Only if they realize a loss by panic emotional selling! Ethical, green etc buying motives in a diversified portfolio will pay off as well as conventional "calculated buying" over the long- term. Finally, there is the " intuition" factor like the guy in Canada who wins the lotto so much that the police investigate him and find nothing wrong. I saw him interviewed and he says he just really believes he is going to win, then he does.

BB, Still the One
    Investing in a company you're a fan of is bad for business, if you've to do it then much more time should be spent analyzing the stock and the company's future, even more time than you usually spend because there is the fact that you're a fan and maybe not seeing things clearly.. Anyone who knows his tech (Which he has to since he is investing in tech stocks) also knew that the demise of BlackBerry was coming and should've got out ASAP.

Investors should be able to separate fandom, emotions & bias from investing, only then they will make wise investing decisions.
    08-15-16 05:00 AM
    Its not odd behavior.. Definitely not OCD behavior too.. Stockpiling or collecting devices doesn't qualify as OCD, not that I'm a medical expert anyway..

You like a product, you fear it may cease to exist.. you buy a lot of it.. Simple, See?..

Lets not spin it into something weird.. And do remember that the product is your phone.. Which is something people spend more time on than their families. Its literally the closest and most used item for most people. All in, it makes sense..
    I think the correct term is "hoarders."

*A3-A20
    08-15-16 06:02 AM
    I think the correct term is "hoarders."
    Ohh dear, help I'm feeling so guilty
    Lol...
    BlackBerry collectors will become a sub subculture-bb-lot.jpg

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Sairos likes this.
    08-15-16 08:59 AM
    Ohh dear, help I'm feeling so guilty
    Lol...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB-lot.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	406485

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    You're doing fine.. Two classics, hell you're doing great.. Keep the collection going..
    08-15-16 09:06 AM
    Fixed it for ya.

*ME173X
    Time to update the sig, I guess. Haven't changed it for months now... :-)

08-15-16 04:01 PM
    Excluding Leap? *eek*

That's not cool! How did she crack it?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 07:55 PM
    That's not cool! How did she crack it?

Posted via CB10
    She had some sort of clumsy episode, dropped it several times in a row last week, after not having dropped it for I don't know how long... :-D

edit: she's already picked the screen and checked on how to fix it. So there you go. Only a little time and money lost...

Goodonher! :-)))

08-21-16 03:02 PM
    Cassette tapes and LP records are back, so are retro Challengers, Mustangs (new) so we are in good company. Old is new again.

I keep one Blackberry now and I am obsessed with it because I use it for everything, I guess I am a "fanatic" too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-22-16 12:50 PM