BlackBerry Classic Q20 complete specs revealed, hi-res images follow | MobileSyrup.com

I can't say that I am impressed with the battery size in this device. I think BlackBerry will suffer another blow if they don't release phones with batteries that suite the life style of the average smartphone user.

The battery will be 2515mAh
    10-16-14 02:27 PM
    Wireless charging!

Should be 1.5 days of battery. But yeah, should have been removable.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:34 PM
    The Q10 had good battery life, this one is a bit bigger, and it has the same specs, except for the different screen. the extra 400mh should be enought to make up for the lack of AMOLED screen.

Phones like the Galaxy S5 has 2800mah, the HTC One has 2600mah, These are flagship devices, the Classic isn't a flagship. The Classic has a battery comparable to the flagship phones, but it has a more energy-friendly hardware with smaller screen, and less powerfull processor. So battery life should be better than any of the phones i mentioned before.

And some people seem to forget that this is a small device, it can't pack the same size battery as a Galaxy Note or a Passport can. look at more compact devices like the HTC One mini with 2100mah, or S5 mini with 2100mah or the iphone 6 with 1810mah....
    Carterbits likes this.
    10-16-14 02:35 PM
    What a joke.

1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor,

Pass....

BlackBerry hates America!
    merli001, Blacklatino and 3Dee like this.
    10-16-14 03:45 PM
    It is LITERALLY a Q10 plus a trackpad, with a better battery that is now non-removable, something that power users absolutely prefer. The device may succeed (I hope it does because I love BB) but it's not as nice as it could've been...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:49 PM
    Us CB folk are a small part of BlackBerry's user base and most of us surely aren't their new target market.

With specs like these (not bad but not good) I expect this to be tailored to legacy users (who clearly don't care about specs) and business users and enterprise (who again in general clearly won't care that much about specs).

With these mediocre specs they can probably price it better too around 400 USD unlocked.

Blackberry has shown us with the q10 and z10 that to make a smoothly operating phone that does pretty much everything well (except hard gaming) they only need these specs.

For all we know they are saving boatloads or working off unused inventory of these parts.

Be more considerate people.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:34 PM
    I think is going to be awesome and am waiting for it so I can return to a keyboard phone. The specs are good for almost everything. Only diehards, techies and the self important worry about them. I have had many a BB phone and have never swapped the battery. Removed it yes, but on my BB7 device and that was for a completely different reason.

Yes much of the world dislikes America/Americans and it's usually warranted.
    10-16-14 05:36 PM
    This is not a flagship device. I'm just hoping the pricing reveals that as well.

All I want for Christmas is a Passport
    10-16-14 05:44 PM
    Fleet renewal device.
    Not an enthusiast gadget.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Clanked likes this.
    10-16-14 06:21 PM
    Hmm,.. I guess we're supposed to be comparing this to the Bold 9900 and not to the Passport. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and 3Dee like this.
    10-16-14 06:29 PM
    What a joke.

1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor,

Pass....

BlackBerry hates America!
    If the price is right, where's the joke? if it is under 200-250$ it's a decent price. Not everybody wants the specs to brag about in the bar or family dinners
    10-16-14 06:55 PM
    If the price is right, where's the joke? if it is under 200-250$ it's a decent price. Not everybody wants the specs to brag about in the bar or family dinners
    Seriously, people have to realize that this is for someone still holding on to a Bold 9900 or less.

If it feels solidly built, screen is crisp and bright, battery lasts respectably long, the tool belt makes it feel more familiar,... then at a decent $200-300 price range,.. this should fit the bill of a smart upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:09 PM
    Seriously, people have to realize that this is for someone still holding on to a Bold 9900 or less.

If it feels solidly built, screen is crisp and bright, battery lasts respectably long, the tool belt makes it feel more familiar,... then at a decent $200-300 price range,.. this should fit the bill of a smart upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    This is the "Android Fanboy" Sindrome, that they have to have "the specs" otherwise the phone is crap... Doesn't matter that an iphone with dual core and 1gb of Ram humiliates the Androids with quad cores and a million GB's of Ram on benchmarks and real world use... Specs is what matters for the fanbois, not performance...

I read a lot more people complaining about the specs than complaining about real performance of BB10 devices with the Snapdragon S4 and that tells you everything.

People liek to show off the numbers, don't care about the performance at all... I now have a passport with a Quad-Core and 3gb's of ram, and to be honest, in 90% of the stuff I do on the phone, the performance gains are negligible compared to my Q10. BB10 is not like crappy android that needs crazy specs and still lags and crashes a lot, bb10 runs very smooth on dual core.
    10-16-14 07:31 PM

This is the "Android Fanboy" Sindrome, that they have to have "the specs" otherwise the phone is crap... Doesn't matter that an iphone with dual core and 1gb of Ram humiliates the Androids with quad cores and a million GB's of Ram on benchmarks and real world use... Specs is what matters for the fanbois, not performance...

I read a lot more people complaining about the specs than complaining about real performance of BB10 devices with the Snapdragon S4 and that tells you everything.

People liek to show off the numbers, don't care about the performance at all... I now have a passport with a Quad-Core and 3gb's of ram, and to be honest, in 90% of the stuff I do on the phone, the performance gains are negligible compared to my Q10. BB10 is not like crappy android that needs crazy specs and still lags and crashes a lot, bb10 runs very smooth on dual core.
    But that's the thing,.. we already have the Passport to satisfy that need. The Classic is for whoever has been relatively satisfied with a 2.8" screen, 1200 MHz, QC 8655 processor, 768 MB of RAM (that gets eaten up by installed apps even when not running), and a 1230mAh battery.

lol

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:02 PM
    But that's the thing,.. we already have the Passport to satisfy that need. The Classic is for whoever has been relatively satisfied with a 2.8" screen, 1200 MHz, QC 8655 processor, 768 MB of RAM (that gets eaten up by installed apps even when not running), and a 1230mAh battery.

lol

Posted via CB10
    Give me a phone that has a 1MB of ram, and a processor made of bird poo... As long as it is responsive and snapy, that's all I need. I care about the performance, not specs
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-16-14 08:34 PM
    I just bought passport. Love it. My biggest problem is convincing my wife I need a classic as well as the passport.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    10-16-14 08:56 PM
    I just bought passport. Love it. My biggest problem is convincing my wife I need a classic as well as the passport.

Posted via CB10
    After a week or 2, you will get so used to the passport size, that you wont want the classic, trust me mate
    10-16-14 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol... I jumped for the Passport based on the "reasoning" that I would give it to her, a long time Q10 user, and she would find it too big, so then I would tell her that we needed to buy a classic to try too! Unfortunately she tried the Passport and hasn't looked back. Now I'm here still waiting for mine to ship.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:24 PM
    This is a low cost device to replace the bold not a hi end qwerty device. The processor and specs are meant to keep the price down and believe me with 10.3 you don't need hi specs for it to run well. I think people are missing the point of this device its to swap people off the bold. If you want hi end buy a passport or wait for a new full touch screen down the road.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-14 10:26 PM
    Damn guys, even the name screams legacy user - don't be so harsh.

It is not meant to be a flagship powerhouse device. It is meant to replace the phones of all those users still rocking Bolds.
    10-16-14 10:36 PM
    What the hell is a Q20?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:00 PM
    Perfectly acceptable specs for a fleet device. I suspect a price around 350 dollars.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:28 PM
    My sister is using my old 9900 and loves it. I bought her a Q5 and although she is not opposed to upgrading, she has not jumped across to it as she says she is busy and does not want to be bothered.

After all, her 9900 still does exactly what she wants and needs - email, texting, and phone calls. So, I feel like she is the target market for this device. She really could not care less about the processor in the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:14 AM
    Finally wireless charging!!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 03:24 AM
    How does the wireless charging work then?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:48 AM
46 12