The passport was a tremendous step for blackberry however old school users who are use to the shortcut buttons will most likely fall for the classic over the passport. If I had to choose I'd go with the passport and work my way up I currently own a bold 9930 which works fine for me and I feel the classic would make a amazing upgrade however the passport is one of those phones you must try because of It's odd phablet like shape and not to mention it's amazing camera along with specs. So if you had to choose which one would you pick? drop your decision below.
    12-13-14 10:11 PM
    Currently on a Z30. Would love to get the Passport soon. The Classic doesn't interest me in the least.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:25 PM
    I already made a choice two months ago. It was too long of a wait for the classic. No regrets but then again, havent tried a working classic yet

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-13-14 10:25 PM
    My previous phone was a Bold 9780 which I got in 2010 after upgrading from my Curve 8310. I opted for the Passport without even trying it. It wasn't even a debate. To be honest, as much as I like having a physical keyboard, if the Passport wasn't available, I really don't think I'd go for the Classic. It'd be a shame because I probably would've migrated over to another brand altogether. The Passport really saved me from leaving BlackBerry devices.
    12-13-14 10:29 PM
    I wish I could try a Passport. I like the form of the Classic and will lean towards it. But would still like to be able to compare the two of them. This whole carrier issue sux.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-13-14 10:38 PM
    I'm leaning towards a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:24 AM
    Classic. Passport"s keyboard is too wacky for my taste.

Posted from an ME173X
    12-14-14 07:48 AM
    Passport
    The classic never appealed to me at all. However, lately I've decided that I would like to see it in person.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-14-14 08:16 PM
    Classic. Passport"s keyboard is too wacky for my taste.

Posted from an ME173X
    Kinda of my feeling but it grows on you the more you use it.

Either way, the screen is what makes the difference. The Passport keyboard and input is actually well suited for its screen.

Playing with my Q10 earlier I realized how the 4 tier keyboard is better for the smaller screen. I think adding the additional tool bar to the Classic was the right idea.

Had the Passport for a week and the 4 tier keyboards and tool bar devices for years. Still love my Q10 but my old eyes love the Passport screen. Well see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 08:38 PM
    Passport definitely has a different layout. But you get used to it. Lots of room for the thumbs and the virtual keys are a great addition. They change to your needs. Passport is by far my favorite device to date.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    12-15-14 11:47 AM
    Passport definitely has a different layout. But you get used to it. Lots of room for the thumbs and the virtual keys are a great addition. They change to your needs. Passport is by far my favorite device to date.

Posted via CB10
    Same here.

The huge keyboard is great. Hardly miss a key. And it's kinda firm and soft at the right balance. :-)

  Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....  
    12-15-14 04:42 PM
    I always had a problem with those tiny keys on the Q10 and I would be interested in the having the new Classic in my hand to demo before I made of my mind. Looks like a nice size device that would fit perfectly into a purse or pocket of a busy professional.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    12-16-14 04:16 PM
    I'm planning on getting th Classic after holding one in my hand the other day , also ever since I got the Z10 I have became a collector. Hey just a thought, Dec.17 Classic comes out and so does "The Ho..BB..iT" notice Santa says BlackBerry is it and the one to get. Sent from the Passport ...

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry classic or Blackberry Passport?-img_4181.jpg  
    12-16-14 08:01 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Would love to try the Classic.. looks so functional and reminds me of my iconic bold 9900 days!!

... will give my niece my Q10 and Z30 next week, leaving me with iPhone 5 and Z10 as backups to my awesome daily driver... Passport.

Love the big high res screen of the Passport and great keyboard.

Only want two phones with me at any time so.. no room for Classic atm..

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:12 PM
    I have a z30 but I think the classic is sexy, and would be very easy to get used to again.

The passport is cool and different. I've only tried it in the stores and it would take a bit of learning.

Not having either device I'd likely get the passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:14 PM
    Frfr they both look nice to me. But If o had to choose I'd go passport. The specs are better screen is better and I don't need to tool belt. Especially with the touch enabled keyboard.

But I still will stay with my full touch screen phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:18 PM
    Currently have a Passport and I absolutely love it. Already ordered the Classic. We will see if it can replace my Passport as my daily driver.

Posted with my super awesome BlackBerry Passport!!
    12-16-14 08:21 PM
    I love passport but really miss the trackpad. Passport double tap trackpad is not accurate enough

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:22 PM
    I agree with OP... I think the Classic is aimed at the glut 99xx users who have been waiting for an upgraded version of the Bold.
    The Q's and Z's were (imho) the works of a lumbering giant, who realized with great terror that he'd been passed by while he slept. Instead of recovering and going back to running his own race, he panicked and started chasing the leaders.
    I like my Z10, but I have to admit... it's not a "leading" device.
    The Classic should pick up where they should have recovered and get those BBOS stragglers who have holding out against hope that a proper upgrade would come along...
    ... but devices like the Passport are the kind of innovation BlackBerry needs to stick their flag in the ground and attract a different market.

... I want the Passport. Just a couple o' pennies for yaz...

Mostly up-swiped on a Zed10 by Cr)m... backed up by my PB 32G Sidearm
    12-16-14 08:40 PM
    I think the Passport is intriguing and innovative. But for my lifestyle, the Classic it is. I love the iconic Bold design. After having the Z10 and using the Q10, I really do love the classic BlackBerry PKB designs. Using my phone a lot for work and the form of the 9900, Q10 and Classic is just right for my hands, purse and pockets. Walking the dog with a smaller phone feels right too.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-16-14 09:48 PM