Any news or rumour on Classic 2? I have a Q10 so did not move to the classic. But the toolbelt is something i really want hence the question. Maybe its too early buy still really curious.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    NecroSemen likes this.
    02-10-15 10:16 AM
    Asked a similar question a month back. I am waiting for any news on classic 2 too. Really want the toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    fromGalaxy likes this.
    02-10-15 10:25 AM
    The Classic just launched not too long ago, so unless your anxiously deciding your next upgrade for Nov2015-Mar2016 I wouldn't be worried about its successor, just get the Classic! Alternatively we should know about upcoming devices next month at MWC.

BB for Life
    02-10-15 10:34 AM
    Don't expect another Classic this year..

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:17 PM
    Lol the classic just launched. U got better chances on finding information on the Passport 2 lol

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:09 AM
    Classic 2 already? The classic just came out probably won't be any news on this for months

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    02-11-15 01:09 PM
    Classic 2 has got to be a year away at least.

Classic is very decent but it certainly could be improved. I think BlackBerry really wanted to keep the price down which it clearly did at $450.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-12-15 08:10 AM
    Classic 2 has got to be a year away at least.

Classic is very decent but it certainly could be improved. I think BlackBerry really wanted to keep the price down which it clearly did at $450.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    The money went to the input hardware and build quality. Maybe 5% of the cost went to specs. Such a slow phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:41 AM
    Classic 1 is such an immense upgrade over the Q10 you won't regret it. The toolbelt, bigger LCD screen, massive battery, much better keyboard and build quality make this phone leaps and bounds better than the Q10. When I use my Q10 I wonder how I ever lasted so long with it. This device looks and feels gorgeous, for 450$ it's a steal.

Classic 2 probably won't be released for at least another year. You will get a lot of use out of this device before needing to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and AthenaSmith like this.
    02-13-15 03:18 AM
    Any news or rumour on Classic 2? I have a Q10 so did not move to the classic. But the toolbelt is something i really want hence the question. Maybe its too early buy still really curious.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Classic 2 this soon? I don't think that will happen. Perhaps sometime late 2015. The Classic is good enough though. It runs well, despite the lacking specs.

Posted by Q5
    02-14-15 02:19 PM
    Classic 1 is such an immense upgrade over the Q10 you won't regret it. The toolbelt, bigger LCD screen, massive battery, much better keyboard and build quality make this phone leaps and bounds better than the Q10. When I use my Q10 I wonder how I ever lasted so long with it. This device looks and feels gorgeous, for 450$ it's a steal.

Classic 2 probably won't be released for at least another year. You will get a lot of use out of this device before needing to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Really? I don't own one but when I played with my friend's Classic, I thought it felt cheap compared to my Q10 (I love the glass weave) and I swear I could see pixelation on the screen. I guess it's just me though

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-14-15 11:25 PM
    Stop putting stress on urself and get the Classic lol

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    02-27-15 09:49 AM
    Really? I don't own one but when I played with my friend's Classic, I thought it felt cheap compared to my Q10 (I love the glass weave) and I swear I could see pixelation on the screen. I guess it's just me though

Posted via CB10
    Idk how you feel the classic is cheap. It's so solid, no creaking or loose pieces. The heft really makes it feel more solid too. While the glass weave cover feels soft it also feels cheaper imo and it's slippery, I prefer the textured feel of the classic. Also the back cover of my Q10 was always sliding off every time I pulled the phone out of my pocket. It is a poor design for long term use as the back cover gets very loose.

Imo the screen looks much more vibrant and crisp on the classic. LCD is just a better technology to use for a smartphone. I still use my Q10 as a gym music player and notice how dull the screen is every time.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 11:28 AM
    why wouldn't they have at least a roadmap and high level specs for Classic and Passport 2? I don't think it's out of the realm
    02-28-15 10:51 AM
    No way. Us Q10 users need a legitimate upgrade path, and the Classic is certainly not it. The Classic effectively has 2 year old specs and a lower resolution screen (and yes, the pixels are actually visible). I'm happy for the folks that love their Classic, but it's not a true upgrade from a Q10. Hopefully they announce something compelling at MWC, otherwise I may have to just bite the bullet and grab a Passport. It isn't my ideal form factor, but at least the specs are closer to being in line with current offerings from other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Danny Ocean; 02-28-15 at 10:53 PM.
    02-28-15 01:03 PM
    Frankly what makes anyone think there is ever an v2 coming. Z10 died. Q10 died. Z30 appears to be in dead path. Z5 surely will die. Z3 will probably die when rio comes out,

So if anyone says wait cause a better upgrade is coming is out to lunch with blackberry's current direction.

It's all about new, not upgrades.
    02-28-15 01:11 PM
    Where is the Classic 7!!! I mean how long does it take to design and build a phone??? Jeez Crapple is on the i35 what is the holdup.

10.3.1 "sniff" kills the Pepple and other batteries
    Last edited by BigRob673; 02-28-15 at 09:05 PM.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    02-28-15 01:26 PM
    No way. Us Q10 users need a legitimate upgrade path, and the Classic is certainly not it. The Classic effectively has 2 year old specs and a lower resolution screen (and yes, the pixels are actually visible). I'm happy for the folks that love their Classic, but it's not a true upgrade from a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you Danny, I currently own a Q5 and looking for a non tool belt device that's smaller than the Passport but bigger than my current Q5

Something with a little bump in specs nothing fancy and with a 3"5 or 4.0 inch screen

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    02-28-15 02:22 PM
    Idk how you feel the classic is cheap. It's so solid, no creaking or loose pieces. The heft really makes it feel more solid too. While the glass weave cover feels soft it also feels cheaper imo and it's slippery, I prefer the textured feel of the classic. Also the back cover of my Q10 was always sliding off every time I pulled the phone out of my pocket. It is a poor design for long term use as the back cover gets very loose.

Imo the screen looks much more vibrant and crisp on the classic. LCD is just a better technology to use for a smartphone. I still use my Q10 as a gym music player and notice how dull the screen is every time.

Posted via CB10
    Touch�

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    02-28-15 11:29 PM