Apart from QNX does BlackBerry have any presence at CES at all? CB front page us splattered with CES news with no mention of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 05:54 AM
    That's because CB is no longer much about BlackBerry. Articles on carriers, accessories, or apps (most of which are Android anyway) and not much BlackBerry meat on those bones.

On another note, I don't see why BlackBerry, other than QNX should be there... that C on CES stands for Consumer, and BlackBerry has made it clear that they are not going after those fickle f***s anymore. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    modbro, devin266 and dylship like this.
    01-06-15 06:38 AM
    CES = CONSUMER Electronics Show

So no.

Posted via CB10
    cribble2k likes this.
    01-06-15 07:27 AM
    I think BlackBerry has a team at the show. Didn't Chen say they were going to talk about their Internet of Things roadmap? That includes QNX but I wonder what else they might have to announce.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:41 AM
    I think BlackBerry has a team at the show. Didn't Chen say they were going to talk about their Internet of Things roadmap? That includes QNX but I wonder what else they might have to announce.

Posted via CB10
    Oh good. Something to look forward to then.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:52 AM
    I am going to be there today and the rest of the week. I have visited the BlackBerry booth in the past. If anyone knows where I can find them, that would be awesome. Thanks! :-)

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    greenberry666 likes this.
    01-06-15 12:26 PM
    I am going to be there today and the rest of the week. I have visited the BlackBerry booth in the past. If anyone knows where I can find them, that would be awesome. Thanks! :-)

Let us know what you see! (if you could be bothered, lol).

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    01-06-15 02:01 PM
    It's the Consumer Electronics Show, not the Business/Enterprise Electronics Show. Don't expect to see much or anything out of them there.
    01-06-15 02:15 PM
    It's the Consumer Electronics Show, not the Business/Enterprise Electronics Show. Don't expect to see much or anything out of them there.
    According to BlackBerry's last ER, a massive chunk of their revenue comes from the consumer side of their business.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 03:25 PM
    According to BlackBerry's last ER, a massive chunk of their revenue comes from the consumer side of their business.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but that is not their target market. If you have been following anything Chen has been saying you would know this. Take a look on CrackBerry and you can find direct quotes.
    01-06-15 03:27 PM
    Yes, but that is not their target market. If you have been following anything Chen has been saying you would know this. Take a look on CrackBerry and you can find direct quotes.
    Why are you still spreading rumors or misleading opinions? I am pretty sure you have at least looked at all the news on the front page of CB and followed what is going on at CES.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    01-06-15 04:52 PM
    Why are you still spreading rumors or misleading opinions? I am pretty sure you have at least looked at all the news on the front page of CB and followed what is going on at CES.

I am spreading rumors that Jon Chen said business and enterprise users are their core targets, and consumers are secondary? Maybe you should catch up on your CrackBerry reading.

QNX is what is going on at CES, not BlackBerry.

Chen is suppose to be speaking TOMORROW about BlackBerry.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-ceo-john-...orrow-morning/
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    01-06-15 05:08 PM
    Let us know what you see! (if you could be bothered, lol).

Posted via CB10
    I will. I found Mobile Nations. If BB is here I'll definitely let the CrackBerrians know and post pics. :-)

01-06-15 05:47 PM
    CES = CONSUMER Electronics Show

So no.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think C in CES stands for consumer anymore. They changed the name to International CES now.

Plus I-CES doesn't really talk about phones anymore. There's mobile world congress for that I believe...

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    01-06-15 06:57 PM
    I don't think they are here, unfortunately. :-( But as another poster mentioned, John Chen will be speaking tomorrow morning and QNX is definitely here.

01-06-15 07:07 PM
    I've noticed this also

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:21 PM
    I am spreading rumors that Jon Chen said business and enterprise users are their core targets, and consumers are secondary? Maybe you should catch up on your CrackBerry reading.

QNX is what is going on at CES, not BlackBerry.

Chen is suppose to be speaking TOMORROW about BlackBerry.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-ceo-john-...orrow-morning/
    You should know BlackBerry 10 devices are built on QNX. Is QNX not BlackBerry ?

01-06-15 07:24 PM
    You should know BlackBerry 10 devices are built on QNX. Is QNX not BlackBerry ?

LOL. This QNX has nothing to do with your BlackBerry device. The QNX being shown at CES is for the automobile industry. This has nothing to do with your BB10 smartphone.

Yes BB10 is powered by QNX. But BB10 with QNX is a different beast than QNX for the automotive world. Like I said, maybe you should catch up on some CrackBerry reading because you seem to be confused.
    01-06-15 07:29 PM
    I don't think C in CES stands for consumer anymore. They changed the name to International CES now.

Plus I-CES doesn't really talk about phones anymore. There's mobile world congress for that I believe...

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    Uhm the C in CES still stands for what it always stood. "Consumer Electronics" is basically an economical term for a certain category of goods. From Wikipedia:

"CE are [electronic] products used in a domestic or personal context, in contrast to items for business, industrial or professional recording purposes."

The CES is and always was for CE in general and logically showcases latest trends. During the smartphone boom you would therefore see many smartphones and tablets, while this year for example phones aren't anything new anymore and maturing, while other trends like IoT and ADAS step in. The CES was never a "phone show", it was just that "phones" were the biggest trend in CE for a while.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:28 AM
    LOL. This QNX has nothing to do with your BlackBerry device. The QNX being shown at CES is for the automobile industry. This has nothing to do with your BB10 smartphone.

Yes BB10 is powered by QNX. But BB10 with QNX is a different beast than QNX for the automotive world. Like I said, maybe you should catch up on some CrackBerry reading because you seem to be confused.
    Do you actually understand how distributed computing works? Might I suggest you hop over to Wikipedia and do a bit of background reading on QNX first. I don't think you have a firm grasp of the basic concepts.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-07-15 06:04 AM
    N4BB said Chen will be talking about BlackBerry at CES today

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:05 AM
    Do you actually understand how distributed computing works? Might I suggest you hop over to Wikipedia and do a bit of background reading on QNX first. I don't think you have a firm grasp of the basic concepts.

Posted via CB10
    This is true, but let's be fair here. A lot of people think that because QNX is being discussed tag CES that BB is there showing some type of new device software when in reality what they are showing doesn't have anything to do with what their phone is running, meaning that there isn't going to be some demo of something on a BB device showing us something that we have never heard of before.
    avt123 likes this.
    01-07-15 06:15 AM
    meaning that there isn't going to be some demo of something on a BB device showing us something that we have never heard of before.
    Chen said last year that he'd do a 2015 roadmap update at Mobile World Congress in early March. Seems more fitting for that.
    01-07-15 06:25 AM
    Lol. Sheesh you guys are impatient. Can't mention what hasn't happened yet.

• Yes, BlackBerry is at CES 2015 but keep in mind their capacity there is *mostly* for QNX. 'Why is there no mention of BlackBerry? Only QNX' - They are one and the same now really.
    • Yes, John Chen is holding a meeting / breakfast later today, Kevin is there and will be attending.
    • Yes, if anything newsworthy comes out if it we will have posts about it.
    • No, you really shouldn't expect too much outside of what was already mentioned. eg: IoT roadmap, surely you see how that fits in with QNX right?
    • No, there is no live stream so that alone should give you an idea of what to expect.
    • We may / may not live blog it, depends on whether or not we're even allowed to fully.

If you're expecting anything outside of an IoT roadmap (more QNX) and a BBM roadmap, you're setting your hopes high. MWC is when it'll be time to talk devices and such. If you're in Las Vegas and you want to see BlackBerry/QNX, you can find the info here : http://www.qnx.com/news/events/ces2015/ or you know, read any one of the 4 press releases we already posted for BlackBerry/QNX which have the booth numbers / locations in them for them as well as partners such as Qualcomm, NVIDIA, TI, Intel and more. And oh yeah, we also have a meeting to see the QNX Maserati at some point today as well.
    01-07-15 06:29 AM
    QNX is BlackBerry as much as BlackBerry is QNX..

Posted via CB750
    01-07-15 09:39 AM
44 12