Saw this article, and a couple of others quoting it last night. ... Something new for the curious/eager BlackBerry fans to speculate about.

BlackBerry CEO: We're readying another flagship to win over new customers | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-27-14 07:52 AM
    Great article thanks for sharing. I'm really liking this John Chen guy
    valleyag and Tim Heard like this.
    02-27-14 08:22 AM
    02-27-14 01:14 PM
    I guess I'll stick with my Z10 a little longer instead of buying a Z30. I want that flagship phone.

Posted via CB10
    purplefish212 likes this.
    02-27-14 01:50 PM
    Haha MySpace! Now I'm a bit worried...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:17 PM
    Looking forward to it
    03-09-14 12:00 PM
    I guess I'll stick with my Z10 a little longer instead of buying a Z30. I want that flagship phone.

Posted via CB10
    Could be waiting for a while. Chen hasn't announced it officially which means it is almost as far along as the Q20. If the Q20 was announced and is not expected until "later this year", and the Z50 (I presume) has not, it's logical to assume we wouldn't see it until Christmas if not next year.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    03-09-14 04:02 PM
    Could be waiting for a while. Chen hasn't announced it officially which means it is almost as far along as the Q20. If the Q20 was announced and is not expected until "later this year", and the Z50 (I presume) has not, it's logical to assume we wouldn't see it until Christmas if not next year.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    You might be right, but the Q20 has some software work to do incorporating the physical keys and trackpad into the BB10 experience. The Z50 does not have those challenges. If the Z3 could be made in 4 months, there is a chance the Z50 arrives before the Q20
    jonp likes this.
    03-09-14 06:37 PM
    You might be right, but the Q20 has some software work to do incorporating the physical keys and trackpad into the BB10 experience. The Z50 does not have those challenges. If the Z3 could be made in 4 months, there is a chance the Z50 arrives before the Q20
    I really hope you're right. I want a new flagship touch device asap.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-09-14 09:48 PM
    I really hope you're right. I want a new flagship touch device asap.
    Me too! The Foxconn partnership should reduce time to market, and should result in devices which are up to date with the latest specs. It would be lovely to be able to buy the latest Blackberry and not think one was buying out of date hardware. I'm guessing the deciding factor on the launch of the Z50 will be the date the proposed hardware components become available, along with the availability of 10.3.

John Chen made that intriguing comment about releasing a phone to take customers back from iPhone and Android. When I ponder that one, I cannot see that being an all touch device, bearing in mind how pro-keyboard he is. It may be something to do with that wacky temporary touch sensitive keyboard.

I know John Chen is very different to Thorsten so I don't see it being a repeat of the Z30, but I cannot think what it could be.
    03-10-14 04:35 AM
    Me too! The Foxconn partnership should reduce time to market, and should result in devices which are up to date with the latest specs. It would be lovely to be able to buy the latest Blackberry and not think one was buying out of date hardware. I'm guessing the deciding factor on the launch of the Z50 will be the date the proposed hardware components become available, along with the availability of 10.3.

John Chen made that intriguing comment about releasing a phone to take customers back from iPhone and Android. When I ponder that one, I cannot see that being an all touch device, bearing in mind how pro-keyboard he is. It may be something to do with that wacky temporary touch sensitive keyboard.

I know John Chen is very different to Thorsten so I don't see it being a repeat of the Z30, but I cannot think what it could be.
    He is pro keyboard, but I don't see that winning back iPhone or Android customers. Most of the people who switched clearly wanted a touch device. I see the physical QWERTY being something that corporations want.

Pilchard likes this.
    03-10-14 07:12 AM
    Guess I couldn't help myself and just got a Z30. Let me tell you guys, this phone's amazing.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.V786, deptech and BigManRonnie like this.
    03-12-14 06:33 PM
    What did you have before you got the Z30?

Guess I couldn't help myself and just got a Z30. Let me tell you guys, this phone's amazing.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:08 AM
    I had the Z10. Gave it to my brother and he's happy with it.

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    03-13-14 09:29 AM
    Give me a slider. Give me a slider. Give me a slider....
    03-13-14 01:03 PM
    This so called Mystery Device should be the Z50 full touch. There's a reason why people went with iOS and Android, due to them being Full Touch and New versus the older BBOS devices.

That said, seeing how Android Manufacturers lost the ability to differentiate themselves from the competition, "Phone Specifications" has become the deciding factor for most people, regardless of OS.

It's this simple fact that Mr. Chen needs to overcome, which is why I believe the Z50 is destined to WOW customers and cause review site BUZZ.

Imagine a Quad-Core or Octa-Core 64-Bit full touch Z50. That would truly be a head turner. Some may say all that horse power is a waist of space. It does not matter, because consumers are geared to choosing devices for its impressive specs.
    BB10 is the only mobile OS capable of utilizing such a phone fully in an efficient manner.
    Both Android and iOS cannot benefit from such specs, and therefore those phones becomes a marketing gimmick.

Posted via CB10
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-14-14 02:29 AM
    This is the device I'm waiting for

Visit The CFC Cartel
    03-14-14 02:36 AM
    This so called Mystery Device should be the Z50 full touch. There's a reason why people went with iOS and Android, due to them being Full Touch and New versus the older BBOS devices.

That said, seeing how Android Manufacturers lost the ability to differentiate themselves from the competition, "Phone Specifications" has become the deciding factor for most people, regardless of OS.

It's this simple fact that Mr. Chen needs to overcome, which is why I believe the Z50 is destined to WOW customers and cause review site BUZZ.

Imagine a Quad-Core or Octa-Core 64-Bit full touch Z50. That would truly be a head turner. Some may say all that horse power is a waist of space. It does not matter, because consumers are geared to choosing devices for its impressive specs.
    BB10 is the only mobile OS capable of utilizing such a phone fully in an efficient manner.
    Both Android and iOS cannot benefit from such specs, and therefore those phones becomes a marketing gimmick.

Posted via CB10

for iOS,maybe yes FOR NOW,because iOS was meant to be a simple device with polished User experience,hitch and hassle free,They will be slowly adding features to their phones (regarding a solid multitasking experience,actionable notifications,sharing b/w apps,and allowing apps to integrate into stock apps,like swipe keyboard xD)...But You can't say for android that tech doesn't help an open source Os....
    03-14-14 04:12 AM
    C'mon. You're a Crackberry ambassador. I have seen similar posts from other ambassadors. You all need to use your clout! Maybe start a Kickstarter campaign to fund one.

Give me a slider. Give me a slider. Give me a slider....
    03-14-14 10:58 AM
    He is pro keyboard, but I don't see that winning back iPhone or Android customers. Most of the people who switched clearly wanted a touch device. I see the physical QWERTY being something that corporations want.

Yes.The strategy is to get the 24/7 emailing busy corporate busy high networth executives. Most of them falls on 35 - 45 age limit and typing on a glass will make them less productive. There is another consumer group the young turks who have always been BlackBerry faithful and who have always ignored the full touch phones.But if Q30 comes up with a 4 inch and more wider keyboard it will surely be unique and a work horse like Q10

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 01:04 PM
    Yes.The strategy is to get the 24/7 emailing busy corporate busy high networth executives. Most of them falls on 35 - 45 age limit and typing on a glass will make them less productive. There is another consumer group the young turks who have always been BlackBerry faithful and who have always ignored the full touch phones.But if Q30 comes up with a 4 inch and more wider keyboard it will surely be unique and a work horse like Q10.
    Say what you will about a physical keyboard... for me, productivity on BB devices is all about the trackpad / hard buttons: the all touch BB10 keyboard is great for performance (once you've got into the habit of flicking and you've trained it up good) but if you have to stop to put down your coffee or briefcase to use your device because one-handed operation is impossible, the keyboard isn't going to help you... it's the trackpad / hard buttons that is going to make one-handed usage rock. In my world, the real value of the slider form factor isn't that it exposes are full keyboard... it's that it moves the centre of gravity of the device and puts the Belt where my thumb is. Yes, I appreciate the press-and-hold-to-dial from the QWERTY keyboard just as much as anyone else... now can that also be made to launch apps? Press and hold "F" to open the Facebook app? Did it do that on BBOS? You should be able to press and hold any keyboard key to launch anything on BB10: open the hub, compose an email to your S.O., launch a specific Website in the Browser, check BlackBerry World for app updates... THEN I defy anyone who owns a full-slab 'droid or iOS device NOT to go "Wow. That's awesome."

Prior to the release of BB10 there was some (not a lot) talk about how it was designed for one handed use... I'll give the BB10 UX design team some credit: BB10 is the most one-hand friendly OS between iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BB10... but it can't hold a candle to BBOS with the trackpad / belt for one handed operation.

How can anything that requires two hands be as efficient as something that only requires one hand? Something where adding the second hand INCREASES efficiency beyond what one-handed operation can deliver, but doesn't REQUIRE two-hands to operate?

I think BB should hold some focus groups with the most die-hard anti-trackpad types and have them use a Z30 that has the Belt along the bottom to accomplish some specific tasks (and then have them do the same one handed) just to make the point about how the Belt provides something that other vendors simply don't care to provide.
    03-14-14 01:23 PM
    I sure hope you're right. I also hope they don't wait too long to release it. I think that they need to release another flagship touch by the end of this year in order to show that they're still a going concern.

03-14-14 06:56 PM
    I think the z 50 should be both touch and keyboard. Like a slider. Why not have the best of both worlds. That would be sweet!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 06:36 AM
    The z50 should be all touch with killer specs to win other consumers from other platforms. After using the z10 since last March I can't go back to physical keyboard. I tried and it was brutal. I couldn't type properly, this from a guy who used a 9900 and didn't want to leave the physical keyboard. I can type so much faster on the virtual keyboard and I mean lightning speed compared to the physical keyboard.

If BlackBerry wants to win over the consumer from other platforms it has to be a sexy looking phone with killer specs and all touchscreen. Nobody is going to want slider with it. It won't sell to other platform users. The q20 will do the job for those wanting a actual keyboard. Z50 should be a monster compared to the competition. But they need to market it good or its just going to be the same situation as now. Nobody knows about the z30. No marketing whatsoever, even though it's an amazing Phone with the best battery life on the market right now.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Fabi99, CDM76, Mr.V786 and 1 others like this.
    03-15-14 06:48 AM
    The z50 should be all touch with killer specs to win other consumers from other platforms.
    I don't see what it is that will make the market sit up and take notice of yet another full slab device.

If BlackBerry wants to win over the consumer from other platforms it has to be a sexy looking phone with killer specs and all touchscreen.
    ...but BlackBerry isn't after the consumer anymore... not for now at least.

Nobody is going to want slider with it. It won't sell to other platform users.
    If they don't want a slider and they don't want a full slab (they don't or the Z30 would sell like hotcakes) and they don't want the Q10, I think it is naive to think they'll want a more powerful version of whatever, given the failure of super phones from any vendors other than Apple and Samsung.

The q20 will do the job for those wanting a actual keyboard. Z50 should be a monster compared to the competition. But they need to market it good or its just going to be the same situation as now. Nobody knows about the z30. No marketing whatsoever, even though it's an amazing Phone with the best battery life on the market right now.
    A device that is mostly the same as current devices is not going to be "the spark" that ignites consumer interest.

The Q20 and Slider will draw in the BBOS user base which is what BlackBerry has to do now... thoughts of extending that appeal to super phone nerds who will buy anything sufficiently speced-out is premature... and such a device isn't going to have broad appeal as much as we'd like to wish it would.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-15-14 07:14 AM
41 12