John Chen says BlackBerry is not turning their back on consumers, far from it - BlackBerry Empire

It's been pretty clear that BlackBerry is to stay in the consumer market, with the upcoming BlackBerry Jakarta and the ability to directly install apk's now, but some people just need to hear it over and over

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, snejpa, mjdimer and 13 others like this.
    02-02-14 04:49 PM
    Im glad! We want to keep buying handsets for consumer use!
    bungaboy, wincyUt, nt300 and 5 others like this.
    02-02-14 05:58 PM
    no **** sherlock.

releaasing a low budget phone for emerging markets tells otherwise, and just because the company is re focusing on enterprise does not mean consumers will never be able to buy a BlackBerry again.

man some people need to get their facts right and stop taking what they want to hear out of things and leaving other info behind.

BlackBerry is rebuilding, they are focusing their efforts more on what they are strong at and what brings n more profits so they can stabilize while they rebuild before they can think about making another push in the consumer market
    02-02-14 06:10 PM
    I just read this. This guy is just amazing haha crossing fingers for a Z30 follow up device

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:34 PM
    For the western world where BlackBerry's market share has collapsed things for consumers are going to be very different from how they have been recently.

John intimated at CES 2014 that what he means by not turning their back on consumers is he won't stop consumers buying the phone online, direct from BlackBerry.

Before John made any announcement about the approach BlackBerry would take towards the consumer market, here in the UK, once one of BlackBerry's high market share countries, high street retailers were already stopping stocking BlackBerry phones in their shops after last year's poor sales performance. Carriers were already cutting back the models they offer.

John Chen's hand is being forced by the companies that put the phones in to the consumer's hands losing faith in BlackBerry and no longer wanting to be left with expensive unsold and unsellable stock.

The near future for consumers in the West and developed countries who choose to use BlackBerry phones will be nothing like it has been in the last 6 or so years. It will be more like way back at the very start when a BlackBerry phone was a business tool and an oddity outside of the workplace, only this time you also get to run Android apps!

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    02-02-14 07:55 PM
    Thanks for sharing. While I am a fan of BlackBerry handsets and BBM, I am especially interested in how they can leverage QNX in the IoT space.

It would be awesome if more devices running QNX connect to the internet, and if the arrangement makes money for BlackBerry.
    02-02-14 08:13 PM
    Thanks for sharing. While I am a fan of BlackBerry handsets and BBM, I am especially interested in how they can leverage QNX in the IoT space.

It would be awesome if more devices running QNX connect to the internet, and if the arrangement makes money for BlackBerry.
    Hate to break it to you but the Internet of Things is a Utopian pipe dream of Star Trek proportions.

It was purported to be the next big thing 20 years ago at the start of the consumerisation of the Internet in the 90's, then during the consumerisation of tech gadgets in the 2000's, and now we are nearly half way through another decade and all we have are Walled Gardens of Things where things talk to each other as long as you buy them from the same company and only consume stuff from that ecosystem.

Not quite what was intended is it, but inevitable in capitalist society.

Omnitech and rickkel like this.
    02-02-14 08:32 PM
    no **** sherlock.

releaasing a low budget phone for emerging markets tells otherwise, and just because the company is re focusing on enterprise does not mean consumers will never be able to buy a BlackBerry again.

man some people need to get their facts right and stop taking what they want to hear out of things and leaving other info behind.

BlackBerry is rebuilding, they are focusing their efforts more on what they are strong at and what brings n more profits so they can stabilize while they rebuild before they can think about making another push in the consumer market
    You said it, and so did he. I think Chen likes the fact BB has zero market share, he now has only one direction to go, he will be cheered for the achievement. After the dust settles, BB will begin a push, it can only go up.

Market share cannot go to -0. Unless it's a BGR piece. Ha!
    jojo beaconsfield and JeepBB like this.
    02-02-14 09:45 PM
    Hard to believe when based on advertising they're already gone...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:47 PM
    Chen should at least do something about the Z30....

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-02-14 10:01 PM
    For the western world where BlackBerry's market share has collapsed things for consumers are going to be very different from how they have been recently.

John intimated at CES 2014 that what he means by not turning their back on consumers is he won't stop consumers buying the phone online, direct from BlackBerry.

Before John made any announcement about the approach BlackBerry would take towards the consumer market, here in the UK, once one of BlackBerry's high market share countries, high street retailers were already stopping stocking BlackBerry phones in their shops after last year's poor sales performance. Carriers were already cutting back the models they offer.

John Chen's hand is being forced by the companies that put the phones in to the consumer's hands losing faith in BlackBerry and no longer wanting to be left with expensive unsold and unsellable stock.

The near future for consumers in the West and developed countries who choose to use BlackBerry phones will be nothing like it has been in the last 6 or so years. It will be more like way back at the very start when a BlackBerry phone was a business tool and an oddity outside of the workplace, only this time you also get to run Android apps!

That's one reason you can now buy unlocked BB10 phones on the shop BlackBerry website.
    02-02-14 10:55 PM
    Well aren't you a ray of sunshine!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    I know eh. Who is he responding to? Not sure how that all came about after reading the OP's post?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:22 PM
    This. Those claiming that Blackberry has exited the consumer market intend that Blackberry has exited their respective consumer market and not the entire consumer market. Indeed, the question of how far reaching Jakarta will be is still up in the air.

Of course, if it were up to Blackberry, it would never leave the consumer market. It has been heavily dependent on it for a long time; however, it has been forced out by most merchants in the developed world as well as many merchants in the developing world. Blackberry has been relegated to the Indonesian consumer market, pretty much the Mexico of China.

It will be a challenge to re-enter "exited" markets once retail channels dissipate so the Jakarta will be eyed closely. This may be the most important, future defining product Blackberry has released.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    02-02-14 11:23 PM
    Straight from the horses mouth. Thanks OP. There is one particular person on these threads who made it his mission to say they are already out of the consumer space. Many threads and posts and arguments. But I think I'll take Chen's word over that certain person.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:41 PM
    This. Those claiming that Blackberry has exited the consumer market intend that Blackberry has exited their respective consumer market and not the entire consumer market. Indeed, the question of how far reaching Jakarta will be is still up in the air.

Of course, if it were up to Blackberry, it would never leave the consumer market. It has been heavily dependent on it for a long time; however, it has been forced out by most merchants in the developed world as well as many merchants in the developing world. Blackberry has been relegated to the Indonesian consumer market, pretty much the Mexico of China.

It will be a challenge to re-enter "exited" markets once retail channels dissipate so the Jakarta will be eyed closely. This may be the most important, future defining product Blackberry has released.
    every time BB release BB10 people in here always say it will be a game changer....from

Z10 total failure in term of sales

Q10 people say it will boost BB sales because most BB users like keyboard in the end the sales still low

Q5 BB BB biggest hope for emerging market...in the end it is overprice phone and sales are still lo (if its not dropping)

Z30 huge improvement from Z10 but most people, carrier, store already lose faith with BB it only sell in limited store, and it looks like they dont produce as many as other BB10 product.

BB Jakarta will not help...they losing their marketshare in emerging market to android (the new trend) , they only have 0.6% marketshare in india, and in indonesia their number drop significantly....lose to samsung (3 times BB sales number) and andromax. other vendor already offering cheap android phone from $50 - $200 with a good enough hardware specs.

for example lenovo S820 price around $200 it have 5.25 inch , 1080p screen, quad core processor, 8gb storage 8mp camera, gorilla glass and it is available NOW ...not another 3-4 months. when jakarta comes to the market expect cheaper, better specs phone from many android vendors overshadow BB jakarta launch
    JeepBB, techvisor, Drew808 and 4 others like this.
    02-02-14 11:55 PM
    every time BB release BB10 people in here always say it will be a game changer....from

Z10 total failure in term of sales

Q10 people say it will boost BB sales because most BB users like keyboard in the end the sales still low

Q5 BB BB biggest hope for emerging market...in the end it is overprice phone and sales are still lo (if its not dropping)

Z30 huge improvement from Z10 but most people, carrier, store already lose faith with BB it only sell in limited store, and it looks like they dont produce as many as other BB10 product.

BB Jakarta will not help...they losing their marketshare in emerging market to android (the new trend) , they only have 0.6% marketshare in india, and in indonesia their number drop significantly....lose to samsung (3 times BB sales number) and andromax. other vendor already offering cheap android phone from $50 - $200 with a good enough hardware specs.

for example lenovo S820 price around $200 it have 5.25 inch , 1080p screen, quad core processor, 8gb storage 8mp camera, gorilla glass and it is available NOW ...not another 3-4 months. when jakarta comes to the market expect cheaper, better specs phone from many android vendors overshadow BB jakarta launch
    Okay so we might all as well just give up and have android run the whole world and have no choice as consumers. Would that appease you and the rest of the flamers in here?

Posted via CB10
    KemKev, Mecca EL, ital1 and 7 others like this.
    02-03-14 12:02 AM

Mexico of China? Have you any idea where Indonesia is? Or where China is for that matter? smfh
    Mecca EL and middbrew like this.
    02-03-14 12:08 AM
    Yep, time for BlackBerry to give up. Take care everyone. Kevin, don't forget to turn the lights out.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:08 AM
    As far as I'm concerned I just want Chen to keep talking...the more this guy talks..the better this company does. They drop 5 billion on paper...Chen says a few words and everything is Kool & the Gang. It's like it's no biggie..."Keep Moving". When Thor took over a lot of people thought he was the savior of this company but I never bought into it. Just by opening his mouth and muttering a few words....Chen has done more for this company in three months than anyone has done in three year. I've bought into Chen.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-03-14 12:09 AM
    Okay so we might all as well just give up and have android run the whole world and have no choice as consumers. Would that appease you and the rest of the flamers in here?

Posted via CB10
    no there are still iOS and WP8...not sure about the latter prospect but they have lots of money, and other business to support WP8 product

every company of course can make a comeback and become top player...maybe if they make something different and change the market ( just like apple from PC maker move their focus to MP3 player, smartphone, tablet) but smartphone market, is very hard there are lot of giant competitors, race to the bottom phone price, high marketing cost, high R&D cost, and facing a company that give everything for free.
    02-03-14 12:16 AM
    no there are still iOS and WP8...not sure about the latter prospect but they have lots of money, and other business to support WP8 product

every company of course can make a comeback and become top player...maybe if they make something different and change the market ( just like apple from PC maker move their focus to MP3 player, smartphone, tablet) but smartphone market, is very hard there are lot of giant competitors, race to the bottom phone price, high marketing cost, high R&D cost, and facing a company that give everything for free.
    Android has hit nearly 80% market share. Apple is actually losing. I for one want to have choice. The majority who come in here to bring everyone down clearly don't understand the dangers of what is happening in the market for the consumer. I don't care if people think BlackBerry sucks or has 0 market share in the US or whatever propaganda is being spread. I care about having variety and choice. It's clear the majority don't care or understand the importance of that....and spend their time in here trying to tell everyone else that they should think like them and not actually make decisions using their own preference and brain....rather just do what we all do because what you are doing is stupid and sucks. Being happy with your choice is great, but spending time telling everyone else why their choice is wrong is plain old ridiculous and petty.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev, Mecca EL, ital1 and 3 others like this.
    02-03-14 12:24 AM
    As far as I'm concerned I just want Chen to keep talking...the more this guy talks..the better this company does. They drop 5 billion on paper...Chen says a few words and everything is Kool & the Gang. It's like it's no biggie..."Keep Moving". When Thor took over a lot of people thought he was the savior of this company but I never bought into it. Just by opening his mouth and muttering a few words....Chen has done more for this company in three months than anyone has done in three year. I've bought into Chen.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    when TH become CEO they launch BB10 , open BBM cross platform project, launch BES10, stock price increase to $14 per share..but in the end it still not enough...and make it much worse

correct me if im wrong but as far as i know jhon chen change for BB is changing their top executive and foxconn deal ..and the result still unclear...
    02-03-14 12:26 AM
    Straight from the horses mouth. Thanks OP. There is one particular person on these threads who made it his mission to say they are already out of the consumer space. Many threads and posts and arguments. But I think I'll take Chen's word over that certain person.

Posted via CB10
    Who?
    02-03-14 12:30 AM
    Hate to break it to you but the Internet of Things is a Utopian pipe dream of Star Trek proportions.

It was purported to be the next big thing 20 years ago at the start of the consumerisation of the Internet in the 90's, then during the consumerisation of tech gadgets in the 2000's, and now we are nearly half way through another decade and all we have are Walled Gardens of Things where things talk to each other as long as you buy them from the same company and only consume stuff from that ecosystem.

Not quite what was intended is it, but inevitable in capitalist society.

I hope you are joking, I really do.

The Internet of things is alive and well and being expanded on daily.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-03-14 12:33 AM
    Android has hit nearly 80% market share. Apple is actually losing. I for one want to have choice. The majority who come in here to bring everyone down clearly don't understand the dangers of what is happening in the market for the consumer. I don't care if people think BlackBerry sucks or has 0 market share in the US or whatever propaganda is being spread. I care about having variety and choice. It's clear the majority don't care or understand the importance of that....and spend their time in here trying to tell everyone else that they should think like them and not actually make decisions using their own preference and brain....rather just do what we all do because what you are doing is stupid and sucks. Being happy with your choice is great, but spending time telling everyone else why their choice is wrong is plain old ridiculous and petty.

Posted via CB10
    samething already happen when Windows rule PC industry...

so isnt it is the samething when people in CB calling iPhone user a sheep, iphone is a toy?.....i never say people in here wrong to choose BB , we are talking about BB10 prospect in consumer market
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-03-14 12:37 AM
129 123 ...