I've been paying $5 every month for BlackBerry Care since I bought my BlackBerry Priv.

You made your mistake right there.

The words 'BlackBerry' and 'care' should never appear in the same sentence.
    KKrusher likes this.
    04-16-16 04:34 PM
    Its not about the delay . OP has availed the BBRY Care services by paying extraa monies. He has the right to vent his anger.
    Have you ever made a claim on any type of insurance policy and been happy with the process?
    04-16-16 05:54 PM
    "BlackBerry� has partnered with Warrantech to administer the BlackBerry� Care Protection Plan."

"Claims, billing and account management for your Plan is handled by AMT Warranty Corp., Warrantech Corp. or one of their subsidiaries/affiliates"
    04-16-16 06:13 PM
    While I agree that it's probably an overreaction, OP makes a good point.

He's paying for next day delivery of a new device, so he expects next day delivery.

If blackberry can't deliver, then they shouldn't be charging the money.

I think everyone else expects way too little.

Posted via a Priv on an NDA protected software version.
    Over promise... under deliver... it's the Blackberry way.
    04-16-16 06:59 PM
    So what??? It's a refurbished device they're sending and I'm paying good money ($63 a year plus x $129 per claim) for the BlackBerry Care protection plan for the privilege. They're advertising the service as NEXT DAY arrival of the exchange replacement phone. Next day doesn't mean 2 days later. Completely misleading false advertising.

Does Apple or Microsoft make you wait two days under their protection plan? Do they even make you wait one day? No they don't, you take it into a Apple or Microsoft store and they swap the device on the spot.

Oh that's right, Apple and Microsoft actually cares about their customers.
    I don't know how Apple and Microsoft work but yeah I would expect next day delivery and a new phone if that's what they say.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 07:09 PM
    It was probably hard for them to find you a Priv to send, due to the high volume of sales.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    *cue RIMshot*

...so which one of you fine gentlemen would like to get me a ... Priv
    04-17-16 03:19 AM
    "BlackBerry� has partnered with Warrantech to administer the BlackBerry� Care Protection Plan."

"Claims, billing and account management for your Plan is handled by AMT Warranty Corp., Warrantech Corp. or one of their subsidiaries/affiliates"
    Bingo on that comment. BlackBerry has farmed out their customer service to third party vendors. BlackBerry has never wanted to get closer to their retail customer. The manufacturer has been using 20 year old marketing strategies - sell only through carriers and large retail vendors. This is what I call VINTAGE MARKETING. The trend today is get closer to your customer base - but BlackBerry never wanted to go that route. Generally speaking - tech insurance is a rip off. I have 2 Q5 and a Z30. So far so good with no problems. I am keeping a spare Q5 in case one of the units breaks. If something goes wrong I will have it repaired locally or do it myself.

With cell phones manufacturers - Apple and BlackBerry will send you a refurb. With other manufacturers - I can't comment because I have no direct experience. You can pay close to $1K for your high end phone but if something goes wrong - you will get a refurb.

Maybe I should talk about refurb companies that I have visited in the US and Canada - naw really to depressing.
    04-17-16 11:57 AM
    Bingo on that comment. BlackBerry has farmed out their customer service to third party vendors. BlackBerry has never wanted to get closer to their retail customer. The manufacturer has been using 20 year old marketing strategies - sell only through carriers and large retail vendors. This is what I call VINTAGE MARKETING. The trend today is get closer to your customer base - but BlackBerry never wanted to go that route. Generally speaking - tech insurance is a rip off. I have 2 Q5 and a Z30. So far so good with no problems. I am keeping a spare Q5 in case one of the units breaks. If something goes wrong I will have it repaired locally or do it myself.

With cell phones manufacturers - Apple and BlackBerry will send you a refurb. With other manufacturers - I can't comment because I have no direct experience. You can pay close to $1K for your high end phone but if something goes wrong - you will get a refurb.

Maybe I should talk about refurb companies that I have visited in the US and Canada - naw really to depressing.
    You cackled... now you must lay... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-17-16 03:20 PM
33 12