How can i play my music off my blackberry in the car?? Like with the ipod u just need an adapter..is there sumthing like that for the blackberry
    08-17-08 01:49 PM
    I bought a stereo with bluetooth in it. This way I can use it as a handsfree and as a way to listen to my music. There are easier ways I'm sure, but thats one option
    08-17-08 01:53 PM
    You need a cable to connect the mini stereo plug on the BB to your car stereo. Another option is a cassette adapter. There may also be fm transmitters you can connect to the BB.
    08-17-08 02:04 PM
    If you have a 3.5mm aux jack on your car stereo, that would work best. If not, then go to the options listed above.
    08-17-08 02:09 PM
    If you have a 3.5mm aux jack on your car stereo, that would work best. If not, then go to the options listed above.

To build on that, if you don't have an aux input, you can buy an FM Modulator. It connects between the antenna and the stereo and has a cable to plug into the headphone jack. It also wont give you static that some cars get using a FM Transmitter (which also work well if your car likes them haha)
    08-17-08 02:14 PM
    Also if you are going to go the fm mod route, then you should use a wired fm modulator vs wiresless fm mod. You can goto almost any place that carries car audio and they should be able to sell you one. The benefits would be better sound because it would be directly wired to the antenna of your car and give way less distortion and a better music experiance. There are a couple different routes you can go. If your headunit doesn't have an auxilary input you can purcase adapter to give them an aux in through a cd changer or sat radio input sometimes, but this however does depend on the unit. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 02:28 PM
    To build on that, if you don't have an aux input, you can buy an FM Modulator. It connects between the antenna and the stereo and has a cable to plug into the headphone jack. It also wont give you static that some cars get using a FM Transmitter (which also work well if your car likes them haha)
    My Belkin wireless transmitter for my iPod works pretty well. My biggest problem is that my antenna is embedded in the rear side window as far from the transmitter as you can get. If I had an antenna in the front I probably wouldn't get any static at all.
    08-17-08 04:51 PM
    08-17-08 05:00 PM
    the cassette adapter works for me
    08-17-08 05:32 PM
    That looks sweet. I'll have to check it out.
    08-17-08 08:13 PM
    yes if you have an ipod hook up the 3.5 input or is it 2.5 input it will work aux ports rock
    08-18-08 10:26 AM
    I have a stereo with a usb port, so I can plug my bb into that
    It also has a sd card slot tho, which I find is more convenient. I do want to upgrade to one with bluetooth eventually.
    08-18-08 11:06 AM
    Our car has an Aux jack but I tried an adapter from Radio Shock and my BB played out of its' internal speaker instead of sending signal to the car stereo aux input. Does anyone have experience with particular models/brands? Looks like the Seido for the 8830 in the store here would work.
    12-05-08 02:21 PM
    Our car has an Aux jack but I tried an adapter from Radio Shock and my BB played out of its' internal speaker instead of sending signal to the car stereo aux input. Does anyone have experience with particular models/brands? Looks like the Seido for the 8830 in the store here would work.
    If you hit the BB button, is the option showing as "Activate Handset" or "Activate Headset"?
    12-05-08 06:42 PM
    Im contemplating the motorokr
    I have and use this in my car. It's very good! I drove to W. VA and there is a lot of dead space out that way so it was great to stream my music through my stereo on my phone and still easily answer calls from the person I was following.
    12-05-08 06:52 PM
    aux port definitely works the best for me. my boyfriend has the bluetooth integrated in his car stereo and that works awesome

i love how even with the AUX i can answer calls and be on speaker!!
    12-05-08 10:59 PM
    I use the Motorola MOTOROKR T505 that can be found in the crackberry store. It works great and I use it daily to stream music over my blackberry and through the radio. I again can finally listen to my favorite Seattle radio station while living in New York. Certainly a recommended buy if you want to play music over your car stereo. Just say no to wires.
    12-05-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD