The results are still coming out - they are just ducking the **** storm that will follow them. Reckon they could be even worse than they suggested a week ago.

Since its pretty clear Fairfax don't even have the money in place for the bid, I think this is simply a pathetic move by a discredited BOD.
    09-26-13 09:51 AM
    things like calling your new OS BBX without making sure the name wasn't already being used.... and about everything they have done in launching BB10, and now the attempted launch of xBBm and the buyout. Moe, Larry and Curly couldn't have done it any better.
    This is exactly what I've been saying. I believe that in 2009 or early 2010, the board installed actual chimpanzees to run Blackberry, as an experiment. Pretty much every single thing the company has done since then has been done wrong, and not only wrong but comically wrong. Like every mistake that could be made, has been made in that time period.

I believe that there will be an article in the WSJ or National Geographic saying, "After extensive study, it appears that allowing chimpanzees to run large multinational corporations is a bad idea."
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-26-13 10:31 AM
    This is exactly what I've been saying. I believe that in 2009 or early 2010, the board installed actual chimpanzees to run Blackberry, as an experiment. Pretty much every single thing the company has done since then has been done wrong, and not only wrong but comically wrong. Like every mistake that could be made, has been made in that time period.

I believe that there will be an article in the WSJ or National Geographic saying, "After extensive study, it appears that allowing chimpanzees to run large multinational corporations is a bad idea."
    This is what I can't get over (the bold part). It's as if BlackBerry has a Project Manager specifically assigned to f*** stuff up for release..

BlackBerry: "Everyone, this weekend we release cross platform BBM, I know it's late but get on it..."
    PM of Epic Fail: "Don't worry I got this, I'll give it the BlackBerry touch to make it our own!"

And touch they did... till it stopped working.
    Fuzzballz and bobauckland like this.
    09-26-13 10:48 AM
    This just in. No bbm this week and the iPhone version has been halted. Wow.....

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo

So they've got over 200,000 twitter followers. Signed up over 1 mil bbm accounts in under 8 hours and the account only has 53 tweets since this delay occurred??

This should be a classic business school case study to summarize what had gone wrong in the past few years with the company.

A company that invented mobile communication somehow has forgotten how to communicate. Brutal!
    09-26-13 11:03 AM
    But this earnings report only includes 6 weeks of Q5 sales.
    09-26-13 11:12 AM
    You guys are reading way too much into this. Maybe they're installing the 10.2 (or even 10.3. Oh my!) leak on Friday, and won't have phones to make the call.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-26-13 12:06 PM
    But this earnings report only includes 6 weeks of Q5 sales.
    Sarcasm meter...broken
    09-26-13 01:07 PM
    It was a great move. Why pander to US hedge funds and the media hyenas and jackals who would just spin what ever was said and presented in the most negative way possible.
    You don't have to spin it for it to be negative. There is no positive news.
    09-26-13 03:13 PM
    It's the perfect ending to the circus this story has become.

I shouldn't have been surprised really.... the execs couldn't even respond about the bbm delays other than the odd tweet every two days and some bogus media release.
    Why should we expect anything different for something as important as an earnings call.

The silence of the exec team is deafening. Ride the jets into the sunset boys, I'll try and take a picture of you with my $500 playbook/paperweight.

Sucks to be you if you can't think of any good uses for your PlayBook ... maybe you need a company like Apple to come along and give you an 'app' to do everything with because you can't do anything for yourself?
    09-26-13 03:16 PM
    Can I run BB10 on my Playbook so I can use all of the new apps like Instagram on it?

It's dead, Jim.
    09-26-13 03:21 PM
    Can I run BB10 on my Playbook so I can use all of the new apps like Instagram on it?

It's dead, Jim.

lol, ah i see - it's dead because it won't run 'Instagram'. I rest my case
    09-26-13 03:21 PM
    No, it's dead because I figured out a long time ago - like two years ago, after buying a 64gb PB on day one, that it wasn't good enough.
    So did the rest of the tablet buying community. But some diehards - truly fans of the archaic - still insist it is good enough for them.

And that's great for you, but don't tell others what to think. And, for the record, I've never used Instagram or had a need for it.

Keep Moving.
    bobauckland likes this.
    09-26-13 03:27 PM
    Sucks to be you if you can't think of any good uses for your PlayBook ... maybe you need a company like Apple to come along and give you an 'app' to do everything with because you can't do anything for yourself?
    I didn't realize the PlayBook was a "DIY" product. Perhaps the slogan should have been "tinker tools, not toys."
    09-26-13 03:29 PM
    It's not 'good enough' because you want Instagram and Facebook and whatever served up on a big crayon-coloured platter to you (an 'app') ... which is a really pathetic opinion, are you a grown person with a brain? I find that hard to believe. Goodbye
    09-26-13 03:29 PM
    Yes because I'm annoyed about the lack of apps. How about I'm annoyed that BlackBerry bridge just got supported and I've had the z and pb since they day they each got released. But thank you for assuming I need apps such as Facebook and instagram as you wrote in your other posts.

Or how about the fact that it's as good as useless not because you or I say so but because the company says so.

http://mashable.com/2013/06/28/black...-good-as-dead/

09-26-13 03:48 PM
40 12