This post in the BlackBerry jobs BBM channel is interesting. Are they working on a new generation of connected camera products? Is there a partner?

Maybe I'm looking into it too much.

"We're building a camera team to create camera systems that will compete with point-and-shoot camera systems but have at their disposal fast CPUs and internet connectivity, opening the doors for new innovations. We need smart software developers with an interest in photography to create a direction for our product and implement it. Turn your photography hobby into a career! http://blck.by/ZtWx0r"

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:41 AM
    I love this. Shoot professionally with Canon 5d mark iii, but a good mobile camera is handy for a variety of other uses.

Give me manual shutter speed, aperture, iso and metering.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:12 AM
    Hmmm. Interesting.
    10-09-14 10:16 AM
    I hope they realize that for this it'll NEED a physical shutter button and not some slow and clumsy touchscreen button. A physical button that has a half-press and full press so you can always pre-focus if you need to...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-09-14 12:44 PM
    I hope they realize that for this it'll NEED a physical shutter button and not some slow and clumsy touchscreen button. A physical button that has a half-press and full press so you can always pre-focus if you need to...

Like a quick press/ long press of the virtual button on screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 12:54 PM
    What it will really need is OPTICS. I really hate which phone camera is better arguments because they all suck compared to a proper SLR.

Tricky to fit it all in a phone, but mabey that's what they are working on.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:28 PM
    What it will really need is OPTICS. I really hate which phone camera is better arguments because they all suck compared to a proper SLR.

Tricky to fit it all in a phone, but mabey that's what they are working on.

Posted via CB10
    Software developers and optics? Hmm, don't add up They would need engineers with corresponding qualification and tons of patents which they don't have. My guess would be that they finally understood one simple thing - smartphones are not just tools but also toys

As for the news itself, it's great!
    10-09-14 02:23 PM
    Software developers and optics? Hmm, don't add up They would need engineers with corresponding qualification and tons of patents which they don't have. My guess would be that they finally understood one simple thing - smartphones are not just tools but also toys

As for the news itself, it's great!
    I would think that photography fans would argue that a good smartphone camera is more of a tool than a toy :P but I do get what you mean

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    10-09-14 02:29 PM
    Like a quick press/ long press of the virtual button on screen.

Posted via CB10
    Negative, because a long press takes longer, you'll miss a shot by then. While pressing a button halfway down versus all the way takes the same amount of time, just different pressure.

10-09-14 04:02 PM
    Sounds super interesting... If I were still living in Waterloo I'd apply

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:30 PM
    the old curve 8900 has a two step button. Press half to autofocus and full to take the picture.
    10-09-14 06:03 PM
    the old curve 8900 has a two step button. Press half to autofocus and full to take the picture.
    Sounds awesome. If they want to be serious in the photo-taking department, that is an absolute must.

10-09-14 07:20 PM