The Camara is one of the reason in my decsion to buy a phone, some of us who have kids don't always carry a camara around and my son is always doing stuff that i love to take a picture off!
    I agree with you. It is nice to have a camera phone available when you have small children. You never k ow when an opportunity is going to present itself. A lot of the BBs have good picture quality. I used the Bold for a year and took decent pics. My wife now has a Tour and she loves the picture quality. I don't have a Blackberry anymore, but my iPhone has a 3MP camera with autofocus and the pictures really are print worthy. I also enjoy the nice videorecorder. These are essential for parents who need quick access to cameras and camcorders.
    10-04-09 08:35 AM
    I'm really happy with my Pearl's camera quality. I use it for work every single day. If my boss asks about something on the job site, I just snap a few pictures and email them to him. And on his full size computer screen, the pictures look great.

And in my opinion, it takes a little longer than I would like to send 5 or 6 pictures in an email, even with 3G. So the more mega-pixels, the larger the files are going be, taking even longer to send. So until 4G comes to my carrier, I think my BlackBerry's camera is awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 08:54 PM
    who buys a phone to use the camera? how lame, the low res cam is for conveneint, sponataneous impromptu pics...for a decent pic try buy an actual camera
    I've had a couple phones that took pics just as good as my digital camera

10-04-09 10:26 PM
    I've had a couple phones that took pics just as good as my digital camera

Some of the SE Camera phones are sweet. They use good quality lenses, and decent sensors to make them equivalent to a decent point-and-shoot digital camera, but they still can't touch my DSLR...
    10-05-09 01:55 AM
    The camera on the 8900 is real solid IMO! I don't necessarily need a camera that's better than this one. I will say though since it is a nice camera I use the camera a lot more on my 8900 than I did on any other phone. The bold was out with a solid 2mp camera at a time when apple was putting out iphones with 2mp cameras also. Oh wait....every iphone has a 2mp camera!!!! I don't understand why people don't understand that! The 8900 has a better camera than one of the most popular phones on the market. The reason that better cameras aren't put into blackberries is because the typical user isn't going to use it. Everyone isn't trying to take family reunion photos on their berries! Honestly if you want a solid camera you need to buy a camera! We ask our phones to do all these things and then wonder why the batter dies so fast!

I agree completely. The 8900's camera is pretty darn good along with its video camera and both come out quite well when e-mailing. More than sufficient for me to leave my camera behind unless for special occasions (wedding, birthdays, etc.).
    10-05-09 10:36 AM
    its a smartphone not a smart camera.
    10-05-09 10:39 AM
    number of megapixels doesnt always mean better picture.
    8900 take much better pictures when compared to some other phones.
    8900 3.2 mp is much better quality (color,sharpness, focus...) than 5.0mp samsung behold.
    its very close to a sony w760a image quality.

the 8mp camera is a marketing trick that is included by removing other features while keeping the minimum phone size.

quality not only depends on amount of megapixels.
    its a pretty complicated process.

read about the CMOS chip.
    from what i remember.
    the image goes thru lens first(very important for image auality)
    then it goes thru few filters their quality is also important
    finally it is captured onthe cmos sensor as raw data
    sent to a processing circuit with more filters and converters that adjust the numbers a lil.
    finally it is converted and compressed to jpg format which is like cd>mp3 conversion from RAW to lossy jpg format to save space uncompressed image from 3.2 mp would be around 3-4 MB and would take alot more time to write and get processed by the phone.
    10-05-09 03:40 PM
    so u rekon the tour or curve 8900 wood be the best one to get next as im due an upgrade, just trying to hold till xmas cuz maybe there will be sumthin new???

and whats with the onyx?? shood this be a consideration? the bold is gettin bulky for me now i woodnt mind sumthin a tad smaller.
    10-12-09 02:55 PM
    I have to say, my daughter's Juke takes better pictures than my blackberry...it could be operator error, but she's 10. I like to think it's the phone's fault.

However, I love everything else so much about my phone, to me it's still worth it. I just always carry our digital as well.
    10-13-09 07:35 AM
    Just buy a digital camera anything over 5.0 megapixels is the same anyway unless you are planning on blowing the picture up. & besides cell phones don't have that great of zoom in Quality. Just buy a 10.-12. Something digital camera. There are some smaller versions out

10-13-09 10:39 AM
    my storm takes decent shots with the 3.2MP. much better than any camera phone Ihad before BB.
    10-14-09 10:45 AM
    I don't like the way my Storm takes pics....I like to be able to use it for a quick pic or two but just takes to long to focus
    10-14-09 12:00 PM
    I know the bold camera quality is horrible i hope the bold 2 is better. It seems like u have to be in great lighting to take pics with cell phone cameras.
    10-14-09 02:33 PM
    theres actually only a couple phones that currently got a 8mp camera and the 1s that do thats their main feature very few
    10-14-09 08:13 PM
    U have to understand that the BlackBerry is a phone/messaging device the camera is a added feature. I'm sure that one day it will be a better quality camera but for now I don't think RIM are focusing on that. For me the 3.2 mp on my tour r enough for me.
    10-14-09 11:25 PM
    its a smartphone not a smart camera.
    I couldn't have said it any better. Next people r gonna wonder why it won't fix a bowl of cereal for them.
    10-14-09 11:29 PM
    The camera is the only thing aside from memory I don't like about my pearl. Good thing I have a digital camera

10-15-09 01:39 AM
    i take pictures of my tour with my rebel xti. just like nothing replaces a blackberry, nothing replaces a SLR. that is why picture quality of a phone is a non-issue for me. its almost like complaining that the clock is off on your ipod.. if you want to keep time, buy a swiss made watch.

i'll be here all week folks.
    10-15-09 02:03 AM
    ^^^ thank you!! That's all I'm saying!

10-15-09 02:11 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD