I tell friends and internet strangers that I'm eager to try out BB10, but I don't insist they should do the same. If they want to play around with my device once I get it, I'll let them, and I'll let them make their own decision about it.
    I think i will do the same..
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-21-12 11:44 PM
    Someone may have said it already, but iphone users are SOOO proud of there products that I believe this cheer leading thing has became a trend starting with them.
    08-22-12 11:00 AM
    This comes up often and my position is always the same. As consumers / fans there is only one thing we can do that supports RIM in a meaningful way and that is to buy their products when and if those products meet our needs. Nothing more.

The heavy lifting of BlackBerry advertising is the responsibility of the people RIM pays to execute that function. IF word of mouth and fan evangelism is in any way a serious part of their marketing scheme they may as well turn of the lights, lock the doors and go home.
    Agreed. This stuff was tried with the playbook and it did not seem to help. I think if RIM wins the carriers over that is a major major part of any resurgence. The rest can follow from that.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    08-22-12 11:58 AM
    Do you seriously think all of Apple or Google marketing is to throw money at things. No sir word of mouth from the fan boys spreads. I can't tell you how many apple fanboys try to get me to switch from a blackberry telling me their garbage and iphone is better.

RIM will do their part us long term loyals have to do ours to and spread the word about RIM and BB 10, we as loyal users know better then the none loyals what blackberries are all about and what the experience is like. We all know what makes a berry great so we can spread the word and I for one will continue to do so and have always done so.
    Well when I have a BB10 product in my hands, I'll have something to talk about, or explain when someone asks me about it. Until then I won't say a word about BB10. I've already told people BB10 would be out Q1 2012, then latter 2012 and RIM failed both times. Not going to promote/speak up again till product is available and in my hands.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    08-22-12 03:13 PM
    however, it boggles my mind a bit that people are so resistant to the idea of speaking up for a product they think is worthy of consideration. If you don't think it is, don't speak up.
    BB10 is not out yet, we haven't seen a very detailed look at it yet...so what's this 'product that is worthy of consideration'?

Do marketing when the product arrives, not right now. I remember spending large parts of this year urging folks to wait for BB10 in Q4 2012...only for RIM to postpone the release date.

Never again.
    08-22-12 05:14 PM
    I probably spend more of my time shouting down Apple products than I do promoting BlackBerry products. I just detest everything that is Apple.

That said, go get a Music Gateway. This thing rocks! It's the perfect compliment to any NFC/Bluetooth device.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook
    08-22-12 09:16 PM
    i walked away from an apple employee at bestbuy when i went o buy my girlfriend a playbook for her bday lol i kinda felt bad for her but hey apple isn't my friend
    08-22-12 09:31 PM
    I really can't get into liking or hating any brand or company. I purchase what works best for me and if something changes, move on. Life is too short.
    08-23-12 07:11 AM
    Here's a great article calling the faithful to take a stand:

http://www.berryreview.com/2012/08/2...erry-faithful/

Don't think so. Berryreview needs to grow a pair, just like CB needs to from time to time.

Good products get good results.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    08-23-12 07:34 AM
    I get bored sometimes so anytime I see a Verizon store I go in to pretend to upgrade. I ask questions about BlackBerry devices. They mostly seem interested in getting me what I want. However its not there yet. Because what I really want is BB10. And the conversation turns into me selling them on BB10. I usually end with. Its coming. Do your research. And smile and thank them and say. Ill be back in January !
    Cheers !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    08-23-12 08:33 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD