I have been wondering if RIM would continue their support of BlackBerry Bridge from the BlackBerry PlayBook to BlackBerry 10. Brett pointed out that the latest IT Policy document released by RIM reveals that this feature will be included. Specifically RIM made an IT Policy rule for BlackBerry 10 that allows enterprises to:

Specify whether a BlackBerry 10 smartphone can allow a BlackBerry PlayBook
    tablet to access work data on the smartphone using the BlackBerry Bridge app. If you set
    this rule to Disallow, the smartphone cannot allow a tablet to access work data on the
    smartphone using the BlackBerry Bridge app.

There is no word on if the BlackBerry Bridge will allow access to all features of the current Bridge so I guess we will just figure out. RIM also confirms BlackBerry Video and screen sharing support along with Voice Control and Voice Dictation but that was practically a given.

BlackBerry Bridge for BlackBerry 10 Revealed in Documentation - BerryReview
    01-24-13 02:55 PM
    I never doubted that Bridge would be present as I am sure Thorsten said the main features of BBOS would be coming across; it was such a key feature and USP. One rumor is that the internet tethering would be default when connecting via Bridge but that seems like a battery drain to me.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-24-13 04:31 PM
    Amazed by what the requirements doc for BB10 must look like. Doing software for a living I think RIMM must have one **** of a software development process.
    01-24-13 04:57 PM
    I never doubted that Bridge would be present as I am sure Thorsten said the main features of BBOS would be coming across; it was such a key feature and USP. One rumor is that the internet tethering would be default when connecting via Bridge but that seems like a battery drain to me.
    If BlackBerry Bridge defaults to Internet tethering mode instead of Bluetooth there could be people in for a nasty surprise due to either their data plan not including Internet tethering thus BlackBerry Bridge fails to function, or battery drain reduces the effective use-time and people scream that BlackBerry OS 10 sucks. Neither of these scenarios will reflect well upon a company attempting to regain the trust of its current users and enticing users of competing platforms to switch to BlackBerry. All it takes is one minor negative user experience to unleash a tsunami of blistering media reports and poor sales figures. I would prefer BlackBerry Bridge to offer Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity between smartphone and tablet to the complete exclusion of Internet tethering. Can the Bluetooth software on the BlackBerry PlayBook be upgraded to support 4.0 to match the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones, while maintaining backward compatibility with Bluetooth 2.0/2.1 on BlackBerry OS 5/6/7 smartphones?
    01-24-13 05:09 PM
    If one reads between the lines, the BES policy shown in the documentation noted above makes things a little interesting. If "Blackberry Bridge" is turned off from BES 10, you cannot get your "work data" from the BB10 phone to the Playbook but it doesn't say anything about your personal data. This looks like Blackberry Balance in action. If your Blackberry has separate personal and work profiles, you just can't get your work data. You should still be able to get your personal data from your Bb10 phone to your Bb10 Playbook through Bluetooth. So one would assume that the Bb 10 Playbook should have Balance also. That's good and very useful.
    01-27-13 06:17 PM
    If one reads between the lines, the BES policy shown in the documentation noted above makes things a little interesting. If "Blackberry Bridge" is turned off from BES 10, you cannot get your "work data" from the BB10 phone to the Playbook but it doesn't say anything about your personal data. This looks like Blackberry Balance in action. If your Blackberry has separate personal and work profiles, you just can't get your work data. You should still be able to get your personal data from your Bb10 phone to your Bb10 Playbook through Bluetooth. So one would assume that the Bb 10 Playbook should have Balance also. That's good and very useful.
    Of course it will, even the current BlackBerry Tablet OS has Balance, though I'm not sure if too many people know it. It's not implemented quite the same way it'll be on BlackBerry 10, but it's there for enterprise users.
    01-27-13 06:21 PM
    Of course it will, even the current BlackBerry Tablet OS has Balance, though I'm not sure if too many people know it. It's not implemented quite the same way it'll be on BlackBerry 10, but it's there for enterprise users.
    I learn something new every day.
    01-27-13 06:53 PM