I have been powering on my PlayBook more recently than I have in the past year since getting my Z10, and I am realizing why I loved it when I first got it...it is a great device!

Now obviously I am using the bridge feature (which sadly on BB10 is extremely limited, but with a glimpse of hope with the "messages" bridge app that is accessed by opening an email address via BBM Bridge)

Now my question is why BlackBerry can't or has not included these natively onto the PlayBook. The PlayBook clearly can handle the BBM and Text Messages applications with the BB10 OS stylings...so why can they not do them natively and use BBID to power the apps...apps like BBM, Calendar, Contacts, Email...that would be a great place to start.

We were told the RAM on the PB would not handle BB10, which is totally fine and I can live with the fact that my PlayBook will not be running BB10, but there is no reason AT ALL why they can not update the applications to "look" and "feel" more like BB10 without actually running BB10. PlayBook is gesture based so it would be very simple to do this on the PlayBook. I realize they want to spend their time and resources on newer better things, but unless they are coming out with a new tablet this year, I don't understand why they could not update the core apps on PB.

With all that said, I am loving my PlayBook and this is more just to get input and if anyone knows ideas why exactly they do not want to upgrade these core apps then please share. As I said I understand its time, money and all forms of resources that they rather be spending on BB10 and BES and all that good stuff...but I'm sure with a dedicated team they could work behind the scenes for months and pump this out.

ON another note...if they will not do these apps natively, then I sure hope we see a much larger expansion to BB Bridge in the near future to use the PlayBook as a second screen to our BB10 devices.
    01-30-14 11:15 AM
    For BBM, you'd need a different BBID on the PlayBook than your BB10 device.

Would defeat the purpose.

Edit: Also Adobe AIR for UI is crap.
    Rello likes this.
    01-30-14 11:22 AM
    I think this would've been a great question a year ago but it's simply just beating a dead horse now. As much as I'd love to see life given back to my $700 purchase, I see why BlackBerry is just leaving it as is. I see why from their viewpoint, there is no point is wasting money/development in this tablet.

I'm glad u have use for yours though. I don't have many uses for mine since I got my Z10

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:31 AM
    For BBM, you'd need a different BBID on the PlayBook than your BB10 device.

Would defeat the purpose.

Edit: Also Adobe AIR for UI is crap.
    Thank you!

I've always felt like until one BBID could be used on multiple devices for BBM, s native version on the PlayBook was pointless. Might as well stick to a bridge version

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:32 AM