I know most ppl use cases of some sort, but subtle free marketing could be done by simply moving the BB branding on the back of the phone closer to the top of the back plate. That way when people are talking on their phones or taking video, the BB branding would be visable. Immediate brand recognition. Free marketing.
    Thoughts......?

Posted via CB10
    SK122387, sakin13 and xxslxx like this.
    10-01-13 11:18 PM
    Moved to a more appropriate location.
    10-01-13 11:48 PM
    That's a great idea, and a lot of people have said the same thing, especially when pictures of the Z10 first came out. Apple has the iPhone logo placed higher, because as you know, when you're on the phone, the middle part is usually hidden. BlackBerry's logo is in the middle, so no one gets to see it.

Same thing with the Q10, the logo is hidden when we're using it as a phone or typing.

Have you seen the new Mercedes Benz logos on their 2014 cars? Some of them light up at night.

And do you remember the Bold 9900's illuminated trackpad? It LOOKED like it had a metal ring around it, but in the dark, it would glow like the Benz logo.

If BlackBerry ever makes new phones after they're done cleaning themselves up, I think a really cool feature would be an illuminated BlackBerry logo made out of the same material as the Bold 9900's trackpad ring, so it will look metal, but will glow when using the phone at night.

This could be helpful when taking a picture of people, so people know when the shutter will snap. The logo could illuminate in red waves, counting down to when the picture is taken...from left to right..the left column of two berries, then the middle column of three berries, then finally the right column of two, so the entire BlackBerry logo is glowing red..then the picture is taken.

That would be a logo that no one would miss, and people would HAVE to admit that it's something new and cool from ol' BlackBerry
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry branding on the device-mbstar.jpg  
    ajst222 and awindsr like this.
    10-02-13 01:06 AM
    Good idea with the lit up BlackBerry symbol on the back. Would definitely give a wow-factor to the appearance

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-02-13 01:44 AM
    Yup the icon should move up so it's not covered by your hand.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 05:23 AM
    I like to add something to this if idea, that I thought of yesterday. What if the back of the phone was touch sensitive. That would open a lot of applications, e.g. swipe down to silence a call, et cetera. But I was thinking about something more gimmicky. That is by touching the phone when it lies on its face, the logo lits up. This will attract people to touch the phone, just to see if it works. Such a gimmick would, in my opinion, really help to attract attention. Would be even cooler when the phone is somewhat translucent and the logo too, but after touching the back, the logo appears.

Just an idea, would like to see this an any phone, just for fun.

Have a nice day

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 10:49 AM
    I was wondering also about some touch function on the back to mimic gestures on the front. Have read many ppl mention they thought they Z30 was too big for one handed gesture use. Would probably be like a track pad idea. But would be hard to implement I suppose. I like the OP idea of a backlit logo on the back though .
    Custom color choices.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 10:30 PM