I see that the new keyboard unit does not have a tract pad or any of the buttons that the bold had besides the keyboard. I wanted to test it, but its very difficult as many retailers including Best Buy do not sell it, so one needs to order the device. They still sell the Bold so perhaps others think it is better than the Q10. What do you think? I have to admit the BB was far better for emails, calls, and the like over my iPhone, however there are not as many apps, and the apps such as FB are not as functional. However for PIM and emails they are the king. Also they tend to be a little smaller, and also far far far better for typing out long text and editing it. iOS has a real problem being able to easily move the pointer to various lines of a long text file.
    Also BB's are more like a computer with the scroll down menu's among other features. What do you say?
    10-08-13 06:20 AM
    I had a bold 9930, and got a q10 in June. I love it. the

1)browser is better
    2) FB is better-can't share others post to your page yet, but it is in the beta phase of testing now.
    3) you loose ability to push e-mails with BIS, so if your e-mail client doesn't push e-mails like yahoo, then it will only check when you tell it too.
    4) it takes about a week to get used to gesture movement, but once you do, its awesome.
    5) Highlighting and pointer movement is more difficult than 9930 with the loss of the trackpad. (I think this is the biggest complaint from previous BB customers) but still better than iOS.
    6) typing is a breeze, and with word prediction, even faster.
    7) yes major apps are not on BB10 yet, however the ones I use are. NFL mobile, MLB at bat, I've also sideloaded Netflix. Works great. I don't use instagram or candy crush. so don't care. but think you can sideload instagram or download iGrann(?)
    8) major banking apps are missing, but hopefully will be there in the future.

hope this helps
    LoganSix likes this.
    10-08-13 10:40 AM
    I see that the new keyboard unit does not have a tract pad or any of the buttons that the bold had besides the keyboard. I wanted to test it, but its very difficult as many retailers including Best Buy do not sell it, so one needs to order the device. They still sell the Bold so perhaps others think it is better than the Q10. What do you think? I have to admit the BB was far better for emails, calls, and the like over my iPhone, however there are not as many apps, and the apps such as FB are not as functional. However for PIM and emails they are the king. Also they tend to be a little smaller, and also far far far better for typing out long text and editing it. iOS has a real problem being able to easily move the pointer to various lines of a long text file.
    Also BB's are more like a computer with the scroll down menu's among other features. What do you say?
    Personal Preferences.... get what works for you, but personally I go with the new Platform that "should" have a future and will grow. Support for BBOS apps is going to be very limited from this point forward.

But if you aren't happy with the "email, calls and the like" of the iPhone, not sure you will like BB10 either..... it uses the same tech, so it all works pretty much the same, other that the HUB is a superior messaging all in one screen. BIS would be the only reason I see someone sticking with a BBOS device.

As for BB being "more" like computers....
    10-08-13 10:42 AM
    I have bouth and when I first got my Q I can tell you I get used so fast and now I have some problems swiping my bold LOL
    10-08-13 11:05 AM
    Personal Preferences.... get what works for you, but personally I go with the new Platform that "should" have a future and will grow. Support for BBOS apps is going to be very limited from this point forward.

But if you aren't happy with the "email, calls and the like" of the iPhone, not sure you will like BB10 either..... it uses the same tech, so it all works pretty much the same, other that the HUB is a superior messaging all in one screen. BIS would be the only reason I see someone sticking with a BBOS device.

As for BB being "more" like computers....
    iOS has a major app market. I do miss the BB E-mail, calls, and other features, but they may not be enough for a switch. However I still think BB is better for emails.
    10-08-13 06:58 PM