Haven't used it in about seven years.
    05-04-20 05:12 PM
    Haven't used it in about seven years.
    Value in what context?

How much is it worth? $25.

Is it useful? Meh. It's ok for just email, but requires a special BlackBerry BIS data plan.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-04-20 10:33 PM
    Zero
    05-05-20 03:07 PM
    You haven't used it in seven years... that ought to tell you.

Check out eBay.... skip the crazy listing (like you would as a buyer).
    05-05-20 03:27 PM
    You looking for a paper weight?
    05-06-20 10:09 PM
    Basically a fancy QWERTY feature phone.

Posted via my lovely  Z30
    05-07-20 07:19 AM
    Basically a fancy QWERTY feature phone.

Maybe not even that.... some markets 3G is ending, and you no longer can active a non-LTE device.
    05-07-20 07:34 AM
    Maybe not even that.... some markets 3G is ending, and you no longer can active a non-LTE device.
    Well, in Europe it is still doable. Using a prepaid card, I could even activate a Nokia 8250. Some feature phones like old Samsung phones have calendar limitation and the date could only be set up to 201X.

05-07-20 07:46 AM
    Depends on how much you value single handed typing speed and precision. Us few who do, REALLY do. The masses who don't, don't. I could justify several thousand $ for this 9900's contribution to my income generating 24/7 communications. Crippled as its internet capabilities have degenerated to, NOthing single thumbs faster, with fewer errors, under MY thumb. Few consumers share my use case so... they're $25 on ebay.

VZW refuses to activate cdma stuff. ATT still plays nice, tho. In U.S., at least.
    05-08-20 10:01 PM
    Depends on how much you value single handed typing speed and precision. Us few who do, REALLY do. The masses who don't, don't. I could justify several thousand $ for this 9900's contribution to my income generating 24/7 communications. Crippled as its internet capabilities have degenerated to, NOthing single thumbs faster, with fewer errors, under MY thumb. Few consumers share my use case so... they're $25 on ebay.

VZW refuses to activate cdma stuff. ATT still plays nice, tho. In U.S., at least.
    Someone else reported AT&T not wanting to active any non-LTE phones either. But someone suggested they try again... not sure if they got it activated or not.

But in the end, I wonder if US Carrier's can really phase out 3G faster than the rest of the world. At some point, travel will start again... is everyone coming to the US going to have a compatible LTE phone? They should as LTE has been out for eight years.... but then US LTE Bands are different from a lot of markets - where as a handful of GSM bands are used most everywhere.
    05-11-20 10:46 AM
    Someone else reported AT&T not wanting to active any non-LTE phones either. But someone suggested they try again... not sure if they got it activated or not.

But in the end, I wonder if US Carrier's can really phase out 3G faster than the rest of the world. At some point, travel will start again... is everyone coming to the US going to have a compatible LTE phone? They should as LTE has been out for eight years.... but then US LTE Bands are different from a lot of markets - where as a handful of GSM bands are used most everywhere.
    Hmm... Haven't activated one in over a month but ATT seemed happy to have us. We migrated a few dozen VZW 9930 lines to ATT 9900 last Dec and a few as late as feb. Our IT guy reports "the right guy" at ATT makes things super simple. IT reported that VZW "offered to keep trying" but no good go so far. We're happy enough with our ATT99s but, like years past, ATT coverage still no match for vzw in some remote locales we frequent. Just no good future for some of us hard core typists... Lol.

My 9900 use has exploded since feb... BIG parts of my industries are re-orienting production/supply priorities. Tripling my company's workload. Paint on this 99's kb is pretty worn already. Lol. NO way NO how to keep up with current work load on ANY of my "modern" giants. Some "retirement"... Lol.
    05-11-20 11:24 AM