Which out of the new upcoming 4 BlackBerry's do you think you'll be getting Coldsunshine? this Bold Touch 9930 for Sprint will be my choice.
    04-08-11 02:35 PM
    How much bigger is the bold touch compared to the 9650 or other versions.

9650: 112x62x14mm
    9780: 109x60x14mm
    9000: 114x66x14mm
    9930: 115x66x10.5mm
    04-08-11 02:51 PM
    Agreed. The touchscreen is more for the gestural approach. Zooming and panning through areas will be more fluid, rather than clicking to different zoom levels, etc.
    One thing I do hope they use the touchscreen for would be in the phone app when dialing numbers, it may not be the biggest screen but would still be better than using the keys for those rare times when you aren't dialing from contacts or something.
    04-08-11 02:56 PM
    One thing I do hope they use the touchscreen for would be in the phone app when dialing numbers, it may not be the biggest screen but would still be better than using the keys for those rare times when you aren't dialing from contacts or something.
    I'm almost 100% sure they will have this ability. 2.8" is plenty big for that.

The Bold Touch isn't the first phone with this hybrid form factor. The Palm Pixi was very similar. Candy bar form with a qwerty + 2.8" touchscreen combo. It did the touch dialpad just fine. Obviously RIM does qwertys better though and this device looks much better than that was IMO. But it's the same idea.
    04-08-11 03:44 PM
    Wait until the Bold Touch 9930 is out and take it for a test drive before you start hating on it...i'm really not into full touchscreens, and the thought of a 2.8" touchscreen didnt sound all that great, but thinking as a user of a Bold, NOT just an Evo, the inclusion of a touchscreen and optic trackpad and FULL qwerty keyboard gives a seasoned user of BlackBerry's a full option of what we wanna do.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    04-08-11 04:23 PM
    the touchscreen is only the top half? You have got to be kidding me....OMG!!! Whats the sense? PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE and please tell me how you justify this as an input screen?
    Calm down, that was top half of the phone in reply to the person asking if the keyboard was a v-keyboard or physical.
    04-09-11 07:38 AM
    It is just the top half of the phone that is a touchscreen and as far as typing on it, why would you want to when you have the best keyboard of any phone right underneath the screen.

While some people think the screen is too small, I think they are approaching it from the wrong perspective, having the touchscreen simply gives people more ways to interact with their phone and plenty of time they will just be using the trackpad and keyboard when those are a better option.
    To me at least, having a half touch screen phone is kind of useless, but again, JMO. I like the full touch screen my S2 offers.

Which out of the new upcoming 4 BlackBerry's do you think you'll be getting Coldsunshine? this Bold Touch 9930 for Sprint will be my choice.
    I'm on Verizon now so I'll probably wind up getting the Monaco/S3 at some point in time. My S2 I just got back in February and it's working fine for my needs and as long as it continues to do so, I'll stick with the S2. It does everything I need it to do. I listen to Sirius at work and use it for texting, Yahoo messenger, Gmail and Google talk and it works fine. I don't upgrade to the latest device just to say I have it as my extremely limited finances won't allow me to do that. With Sprint and my never ending string of broken Curves, I couldn't wait to get rid of that phone, but I couldn't wait around until December or whenever it was that (1) Sprint released new phones and (2) after the Sprint premier "upgrade" I'd lose my April upgrade which would be bumped back to either December or January.

the touchscreen is only the top half? You have got to be kidding me....OMG!!! Whats the sense? PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE and please tell me how you justify this as an input screen? Some nutty broad on here once said "ever hear of a choice of inputs?" in the usual snotty tone but i now see she must have been referring to something else because a tiny screen is definitely not for inputting anything. This is downright crazy. Someone please show me the light on this if its true....please tell me its an aprils fools joke a few weeks later. I also see the CB heads backtracking on this issue....I figured the blind followers would try to justify this in any way possible but this is uber-disappointing.
    While my opinion isn't this um, colorful, I happen to agree that a half a screen touch screen is about as useful as our president, but to each, his own. If a halfscreen touch screen is your thing, go for it. I've been spoiled by a full touch screen.
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 04-11-11 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Fixing my own bad spelling
    04-11-11 09:08 AM
    If RIM can't release the 9900/9930 before the next iphone hits, they may as well give up... That's what I see as RIMs biggest downfall... the inability to release meaningful upgraded devices on a timely basis... they rehash old designs too much and fail to deliver new designs quickly enough...
    04-11-11 02:14 PM
    This forum is a place for civil discourse. Take the childish crap to the playground now!
    andyahs likes this.
    04-11-11 03:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD