hello i can get an unlocked blackberry bold ...my question is does anyone know if i would be able to use it for sprint?any info would be helpful
    thanks
    03-04-09 03:22 PM
    hello i can get an unlocked blackberry bold ...my question is does anyone know if i would be able to use it for sprint?any info would be helpful
    thanks
    pretty sure whatever unlock bb you can get is going to need a sim card and sprint does not use sim cards.
    03-04-09 03:30 PM
    There is a CDMA Bold, called the Niagara coming to VZW & possibly Sprint, but it's not out yet.
    03-04-09 03:31 PM
    There is a CDMA Bold, called the Niagara coming to VZW & possibly Sprint, but it's not out yet.
    This is the only hope. CDMA doesn't support sim cards. Sim cards is GSM. Two completely different technologies.
    03-04-09 03:34 PM
    pretty sure whatever unlock bb you can get is going to need a sim card and sprint does not use sim cards.

No CDMA carrier uses SIM cards.
    03-04-09 06:40 PM
    I wish they did. Then we wouldn't have to wait an extra year for Sprint to release new phones.
    03-05-09 11:48 AM
    The new Bold, called Niagara will be a world phone so it CAN go the other way, that is you can put an ATT or Tmo SIM in it and use it on their networks, BUT you are probably better off with a GSM Bold, which has wifi for sure (jury still out on the Niagara) AND it would be 3G for you where as the Niagara would not be 3G on US (or Canadian) GSM carriers.
    03-05-09 01:50 PM
    What about nextel though? They technically use SIM cards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 05:30 PM
    dont think you can have bold with sprint
    12-16-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD