RIM have made a complete mess of this launch. Their entire Marketing Dept. should be fired starting at the top.

RIM should have had a slow burn. "It's coming, its'come, Bold is coming." Type stuff.

They should have done press releases and conferences. They should have had these in conjunction with the carriers and on their own to deliver RIM specific messages. "iPhone not living up to the hype? The Bold is better and does what it claims to."

Relying on the carriers to deliver your message is wrong. Let them spend their money if they want to and take what publicity they give you BUT you MUST control your own destiny. RIM had an OK TV ad campaign but it did not blow my socks off.

RIM should have been advertising the Bold for months. Starting slowly and building up to an ANNOUNCED LAUNCH DATE.

As to the OS 4.5 debacle, I am just appaled. I have never seen such an inept release in all my days. Again, a release date was needed. If there is a delay, announce it and say why. You do not have to tell all the reasons why, just some. Lie totally and you will be found out. Be clever and you increase the hype - which is good.

People, all people dislike an information vacuum and that is what RIM have created. I cannot imagine that this is deliberate. I have to believe that it is simple incompetence.

RIM's Marketing Dept. needs to smarten very quickly up if they are to survive in the world of Microsoft, HTC, Symbian and Apple.
    08-04-08 01:08 PM
    I have to agree! It really sucks, I have been waiting since June for the release date at Sprint, but I'm still waiting...
    ROFL, Sprint just got the Curve... so you will be waiting until mid-late 2009 for the Bold! (if you even get it that early)

The thing that irks me the most about the bold is the mess of rumoured release dates posted everywhere by someone who knows a rep, a manager, etc. I appreciate everyone sharing, however it makes me crazy with speculation.
    haha... yeah, I know the feeling! You just gotta sit back, relax, and chill

Why do people like Lindsey Lohan, her lesbian lover, John "the tool" Mayer, and numerous other people have the BOLD if at&t, or any other carrier for that matter hasn't released it yet? And if its a "carrier issue" then what carriers are the above mentioned celebutards using the BOLD on?
    Good question and great word... celebutard! lmao!
    08-04-08 01:16 PM
    I give up...when it comes...it comes! Meantime you can buy them on ebay for crazy $
    08-04-08 03:54 PM
    My date is 14th August. It's a totally unsupported guess on my part.
    08-04-08 04:37 PM
    I still think my wife will be able to get hers on or around Valentines Day - after I get mine around Christmas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 07:25 AM
    There never was a release date mentioned by RIM.

Stop reading blogs and websites like these where the speculation is rampant if it bothers you.

Every carrier will have their own launch date, unlike Apple. Take a look back at what a mess having a single launch date caused Apple. I doubt they'll try that again. Apple released a 1/2 baked product and already has issued a new update for the iPhone yesterday. Sounds like a Microsoft kind of thing to do...

I did see a thread somewhere that RIM was in the process of putting the Rogers branding on the Bold.

When will it be released? When ever its ready. I hope they take their time and release it bug free.

Life could be worse: my other phone of choice (Garmin's Nuvifone) has just been pushed back nearly a whole year. Release date first half of 2009 !
    08-05-08 08:01 AM
    I still think my wife will be able to get hers on or around Valentines Day - after I get mine around Christmas

haha!! that is great BL...
    08-05-08 08:11 AM
    I agree. Handled totally "bassackwards". You don't tease an alcoholic with grape juice. Lol Also, there is no need for some to try to justify and/or explain the rationale behind RIMs marketing plan- unless you actually work for RIM and if you do, save it(the explanation). The final product is what matters.

Yes, we(consumers) are still going to wait. But, telling consumers not to vent is equivalent to telling others not to post rumors about release dates. Anyway, when I am able to track it thru FedEx, or go to a local store and get it, I'll be happy. Besides, I have to get two

RIM have made a complete mess of this launch. Their entire Marketing Dept. should be fired starting at the top.

RIM should have had a slow burn. "It's coming, its'come, Bold is coming." Type stuff.

They should have done press releases and conferences. They should have had these in conjunction with the carriers and on their own to deliver RIM specific messages. "iPhone not living up to the hype? The Bold is better and does what it claims to."

Relying on the carriers to deliver your message is wrong. Let them spend their money if they want to and take what publicity they give you BUT you MUST control your own destiny. RIM had an OK TV ad campaign but it did not blow my socks off.

RIM should have been advertising the Bold for months. Starting slowly and building up to an ANNOUNCED LAUNCH DATE.

As to the OS 4.5 debacle, I am just appaled. I have never seen such an inept release in all my days. Again, a release date was needed. If there is a delay, announce it and say why. You do not have to tell all the reasons why, just some. Lie totally and you will be found out. Be clever and you increase the hype - which is good.

People, all people dislike an information vacuum and that is what RIM have created. I cannot imagine that this is deliberate. I have to believe that it is simple incompetence.

RIM's Marketing Dept. needs to smarten very quickly up if they are to survive in the world of Microsoft, HTC, Symbian and Apple.
    08-05-08 08:16 AM
    All this waiting has made me not even care about it anymore it could come out tomorrow and I would not buy it. I will make them wait
    08-05-08 08:27 AM
    If Apple can put out the iphone and then in a few weeks release 2.0.1 OS then RIM can put out 4.5.0.55 then release 4.5.0.69 a few weeks later etc. Its not a big deal.
    08-05-08 11:48 AM
    This is the most stupid thread I have read on CB in a while, and WTF is Ontarish Kindergarden?

RIM never announced the release date for the Bold other than saying that it is going to be released in the Summer of '08.

Get your facts straight, because it seems like listening to rumors is whats causing you all the grief.
    So why are you taking you the time to write anything inside here? relax...no need to be serious all the time..and by the way the blackberry bold got announced several times by different carriers around the world...gotta make a difference between rumors in forums and that. latest announcement t-mobile germany. go to t-mobile.de and tipe blackberry into search

"in Kuerze" means "soon available"...but sais august though....cant wait for a new phone, my waiting has an end. ill get that creepy iphone, you won steve!!!! and sorry Mike Lazaridis, but stop trying to practice mistical product politics like apple and get serious..cause were not living in the apple bubble and buy all the **** that comes from iheaven
    08-06-08 04:27 AM
    Hi guys...

Dont you feel torched in some weird way? I do, since I heard that a new blackberry was coming out (june) i spent every day diggin' for information around the bold. SO EXCITED!!!! And as it comes to august now, nothing got clearer to me. RIM behaves like a huge Ontarish Kindergarden. I mean look at the website of the Bold, what is that...from the culinary point of view its not even a starter..its just an empty plate with a bid of dates and specs. Now that my apprecciation for the bold reached the peak i feel lost in water and i feel that my sympathy for this device goes and goes...RIM needs to make a move, otherwise they will displease everyone!!!!! even the biggest BB fans like me!!

Cheers outta' Zurich

Claudio
    I'm with you Claudio. I got sick of waiting and needed a new phone so went with the IPHONE after a good 8 years with BB. Rim's marketing strategy is abysmal and makes no cents at all.
    08-06-08 06:15 PM
    I'm with you Claudio. I got sick of waiting and needed a new phone so went with the IPHONE after a good 8 years with BB. Rim's marketing strategy is abysmal and makes no cents at all.
    no cents haha.

But I do agree, they need better marketing.
    08-06-08 07:27 PM
    so true...I'm after an iphone too the next few days. what a pitty...such a tremendous device they itroduced....but i guess they went beyond themselves and did not see the wood for the trees. (proverb maniac? and then the iPhone 3g came out and totally discomfitted RIM marketing departemend so what...The legend of a phone that draw more attention to everybody than th iphone? who knows....**** it...i'm totally thwarted and dont want to hear ever something about the bold.

cheers
    08-10-08 04:09 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD