Hi,
    I am considering getting a Blackberry Bold, one of the reasons I am getting it is due to its GPS functionality.
    Orange UK offers its own Orange maps with, which are free on the price plan I would choose, while T mobile I think simply offers Blackberry maps.

Which one are better? Are there any hidden charges? ie buying maps etc...???

I am quite new to GPS idea. Is GPS on Blackberry comparable to the devices like TomTom or Garmin?

Thanks

Nikolay
    06-21-09 06:17 AM
    I wouldn't let that be your deciding factor in all honesty. I have my Bold with Orange UK and I have only the standard Blackberry maps but I've downloaded Google Maps which uses the phones GPS and gives directions.

Depending on the application you use it can be similar to a TomTom. Blackberry maps is pretty basic and doesn't really compare but there are downloadable apps which would. I can't speak for Orange maps but if I was you I'd go with the provider who gives you the best overall deal for the phone and service and you can always download an app for satnav.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD