Hi guys. Have a look altogether at this.

"The phone just works".

Was thinking that I really wanted to see my bold again, that was my first "smartphone" and his comparing the size against an IPhone 4. Incredible how BlackBerry came all the way from RIM to Priv and yet, the same comments were all there (can this still save the company? ).
    This is what a BlackBerry should be. Nowadays they design phones thinking what BlackBerry ought to be. The reviews were really nice about it as well.

Now with BlackBerry going Android, I'm glad in hearing that the company has a demand for it, but as I read the reviews from bb10 users, most of their dislikes that they encountered, is the same as I did back in 2012 when my bold died and I went Android cause of the "apps". 2.5 years later I purchased a Q10, and finally found myself not in need of apps for weather, email, or basic functions. My led blinking red colour was there, and it was all I wanted, a phone that just works and a battery lasts at least for a day. Thinking about getting myself one of those. Loved the functionality of that OS7. Shame they gave it up too soon on it instead of tweaking and improving it's functions.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    11-14-15 08:07 AM
    2011 ya? Saw the flash of the Crackberry website showing an article of Bold 9900 arrived in my country.
    11-14-15 08:36 AM
    They dont cost much these days. I went back to it as my phone-phone and havent felt like switching. Phone, texting, notifications, calendar, alarm clock, streaming music without having to keep buffering (why does it do it better than BB10?!!), downloading talk shows, passable camera, nice compact size, luxurious appearance (especially in brand-new white).
    11-14-15 08:39 AM
    HI guys first post here, I've been thinking about switching to blackberry and want to get one of these to replace my Galaxy Note 3, getting bored of Android and hate iPhone to death, hope BB get some market share back to survive.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    11-20-15 05:09 AM
    9900 was probably THE best BlackBerry ever made.. I'm with the 2nd best with overall size and specs.. Q10

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-20-15 07:10 AM
    For me, the Classic met the needs of me missing my Bold 9900 along with the wonderful OS10. Love, love, love this form factor.

Posted via Classic
    11-20-15 07:19 AM
    It was a great phone. Only thing missing was auto focus on the camera and perhaps some more RAM. I remember often getting the out of memory issue while browsing websites. By far the best keyboard on a mobile phone in my opinion.

I lost mine due to a water incident and have since moved on to various bb10 devices but still check my local craigslist from time to time so that I can have one of them in my collection again.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 07:30 AM
    I have a Z30 and Classic but keep going back to my Bold 9900 as my primary phone. IMO this is the best Blackberry ever in terms of hardware and software integration.

While i was using the Classic, although I enjoyed the keyboard, i felt more and more that the belt and trackpad were just add-ons and didn't quite seem to fit in somehow. The more I used it, the heavier and clunkier it seemed. So i got nostalgic for my Bold 9900 and decided to give it a try, and wow, I was shocked at the speed and efficiency. What shocked me even more was that many apps still work perfectly well or better on the Bold than on OS 10. I use it now primarily for communication, with BBM, Viber and Whatsapp working very well. What surprised me was that day-to-day stuff like Gasbuddy and Canadian Yellow Pages work better on the Bold than the OS 10 versions. I use Ubertwitter and am all set for news. the browser is slow but still usable on most sites. Facebook and Twitter have some features that I miss on OS 10 versions. The Bold is the perfect communications phone for me and am sticking with it. When i know i will need something more (rarely) i take along my Z30 and use it with WiFi. the other trick is to forward my phone # to my Fongo ip phone and use it o my Z30 when im on wifi.

---
    Xeak

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-20-15 10:50 AM
    Still would like to have my Bold 9900 as my secondary....when I wanna go nostalgic. After getting the Classic I ditched BIS....without that it's only half the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:12 AM
    This phone was amazing. The perfect marriage of a fully evolved operating system and a fantastic device physically. I know BlackBerry was already in trouble by then but the 9900 was such a sharp looking phone. It always got compliments when I pulled it out to use. As nice as they are the Q10 and Classic never really captured that essence. I used my 9900 even after moving to BB10. I only stopped when dust got under my screen
    11-20-15 11:31 AM
    I bust out my 9930 every once in a while but I don't think I could go back to using it as my daily driver, I find the ui slow and obsolete compared to the Q10 and the keyboard on the Bold is actually a lot harder to see at least with my eyesight.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:31 AM
    Does one need to get BIS to use email on the 9900? I have a hosted exchange account. And multiple other emails services.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:41 AM
    Does one need to get BIS to use email on the 9900? I have a hosted exchange account. And multiple other emails services.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, actually 2 requirements: the phone using Blackberry OS (i.e. not OS 10), has to have a valid SIM connection and be registered on BIS. On my Bold email does not work on wifi alone. It needs an active SIM card and cellular network connection + registration.
    11-21-15 11:15 AM
    Yes, actually 2 requirements: the phone using Blackberry OS (i.e. not OS 10), has to have a valid SIM connection and be registered on BIS. On my Bold email does not work on wifi alone. It needs an active SIM card and cellular network connection + registration.
    Thanks! That's what I thought. I have my own business and used to run my own hosted BIS server for $15 US a month for my 9700.

I love the idea of using a Bold 9900 together with a Surface Pro 4 to meet all of my mobile needs. But I wonder how long BB0S will be supported.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 04:15 PM
    HI guys first post here, I've been thinking about switching to blackberry and want to get one of these to replace my Galaxy Note 3, getting bored of Android and hate iPhone to death, hope BB get some market share back to survive.
    Don't bother getting the 9900. Since you've been using an Android, you want apps and a lot of it. legacy OS has none of those sweet top apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-21-15 04:42 PM
    After the 9900 the Q10 is just a perfect device.
    I am using it know for two years...more to come

Posted via PP
    11-21-15 04:53 PM
    I definitely would not get a legacy BB device like a Bold 9900 as your first Blackberry phone. Start with a modern device, Passport, Classic or other. Those who love the older phones are experienced with them and know how to overcome the many quirks.
    11-22-15 06:39 AM
    [QUOTE=Aljean Thein;12099200]Don't bother getting the 9900. Since you've been using an Android, you want apps and a lot of it. legacy OS has none of those sweet top apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android[/QUOTE

Agreed! Hard to go from Android to a Bold 9900.
    11-22-15 06:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. Download logicmail from BlackBerry world and setup your accounts.
    I have no mobile plan on my 9900. Use it strictly on Wifi for email. Logicmail works great.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:33 AM
    I have no mobile plan on my 9900. Use it strictly on Wifi for email. Logicmail works great.

Posted via CB10
    What about other Internet functions on 9900, including BBM? Doesn't it need BIS to work?
    11-22-15 08:42 AM
    What about other Internet functions on 9900, including BBM? Doesn't it need BIS to work?
    BBM will not work. You need BIS plan for that.
    Browser and apps will work.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 10:02 AM
    Here's a good guide on how to setup OS7 without BIS ( will never be as with BIS of course)

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 11:49 AM
    If you don't mind non-removable batteries, then you'd be WAY better off buying the Blackberry Classic or Passport.
    11-22-15 01:16 PM
    I use a Porsche Design Graphite P'9983 for personal use and an iPhone 6s that is work issued. I miss my Bold all the time. I constantly look up 9900's on Amazon.
    11-22-15 01:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'd use it as my primary phone and would want BIS for full email, BBM, etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 02:36 PM
31 12