Did RIM somehow move 3 million more phones than in their quarter earnings call?
    They actually did; sell through was around 13.6 million. This was due to devices shipped the previous quarter but not sold by retailers.
    Rickroller likes this.
    09-26-11 08:18 AM
    They actually did; sell through was around 13.6 million. This was due to devices shipped the previous quarter but not sold by retailers.
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm not going to try to fully understand how the whole shipping/selling thing works..but would that carry over logic work towards the next quarter as well? As in..last quarter RIM shipped 10.6 million units..so obviously not all those will sell..and thus carry over into the next quarters "sold" figures?
    09-26-11 08:23 AM
    I see today that Vodafone UK has sold out of the 9900. They anticipate a wait of 3-4 weeks before they receive any more.

Buy BlackBerry Bold 9900 - BlackBerry 9900 Deals with Vodafone On UK Contract
    09-26-11 08:25 AM
    this is all very hilarious considering that samsung has sold 10 million s2's
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Sells 10M Units: Can it Crush iPhone 5? - International Business Times

has RIM sold 10 million 9900's?
    09-26-11 06:43 PM
    Did RIM somehow move 3 million more phones than in their quarter earnings call?

RIM results, outlook stun investors even after warning | Reuters

Clearly states 10.6 million phones shipped

So by doing your math..the 9900 will sell 3-4 million units..and thus is outselling the GSII in some if not all areas? The 9900 hit the States in August. The GSII hasn't even hit all carriers in the States yet and has STILL sold 10 million units.

I fail to see your logic how the 9900 is outselling the GSII on any level (despite maybe having outsold it for a day or a week in some European market when the thread was initially done).

EDIT: I'm not trying to put down the 9900 in any way. It's a decent phone..and one BB fans have been after for along time. But I don't think the 9900 will do anything close in sales to what the GSII has done (even discounting the fact it's JUST starting to go on sale in America).
    In all fairness, the 9900 hasn't hit all carriers in the states either.
    09-26-11 07:11 PM
    Outselling as in since it came out, in that time period, more 9900's have been sold than SG2's. RIM obviously hasn't sold 10 million 9900's in such a short time span. I don't see what's so hilarious about it.

The claim is based on GSM exchange figures, where #1 is Iphone4 16GB, #2 is 9900, and #3 the SG2. It's not necessarily representative of an entire market, but interesting nonetheless. Take it for what you will.
    Last edited by Nogrentain; 09-26-11 at 09:06 PM.
    09-26-11 09:03 PM
    My 9930 is one awesome device. Stopped at local Sprint store to pick up a charger and asked how sales were going for the device...sold out and wait list. Showed mine to a couple customers in the store and they put their names on the list. All this phone needs is exposure.
    09-28-11 09:07 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    My 9930 is one awesome device. Stopped at local Sprint store to pick up a charger and asked how sales were going for the device...sold out and wait list. Showed mine to a couple customers in the store and they put their names on the list. All this phone needs is exposure.
    i completely agree!! Bold 9900 / 9930 is amazing!!!
    sf49ers likes this.
    09-28-11 09:24 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    attended the new Blackberry store launch in Bangkok ....full of people looking to buy blackberries!! very promising ...
    09-29-11 08:23 AM
    Good stuff for RIM, they need to sell a lot of BlackBerry Bold 9900's outside the U.S. And finally a positive article about what to expect from the QNX based phones that would be released in early 2012.
    10-07-11 02:34 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD