After all Blackberry Bold 9900 is doing good than people expected it to be. It is outselling every other smartphone except Iphone 4 in European markets.

check out the news column:

RIM: Samsung Troubles Already Helping OS 7, Says Scotia - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    09-06-11 02:32 PM
    Not bad at all for a company that supposedly has one foot in the grave.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 02:38 PM
    09-06-11 02:56 PM
    Still kind of mypoic that the stated reason that RIM may do well is because of legal troubles for Samsung....it couldn't be because people actually want a BB...that was sarcasm if it didn't come across.
    09-06-11 03:00 PM
    Either way, loving my Bold 9900!
    09-06-11 03:32 PM
    Still kind of mypoic that the stated reason that RIM may do well is because of legal troubles for Samsung....it couldn't be because people actually want a BB...that was sarcasm if it didn't come across.
    But as I read it, the Galaxy S2 is freely available (still) in those markets; the ban coming in Oct. And the analyst says the Bold is probably outselling it based on the circumstantial evidence. So that means RIM's possibly doing very well now and they'll absolutely clean up if the Samsung devices are pulled.

09-06-11 03:59 PM
    i love the insinuation that people arent buying the SGS2 because of the ban that might come in. if there was a possible ban on the iphone everyone and their dog would be qued up outside an apple store to get it before the ban lol.

also almost as funny is the `a full touchscreen phone is going to be banned, so rather than people buying another full touchscreen, they are buying a touch/keyboard phone` theory.

people are buying the 9900 because its a good phone, and if we are honest, because its a vast improvement over the older BB`s, not because one phone out of say fifty that a carrier holds might be banned. but either way its good news for RIM
    09-06-11 04:31 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The Bold 9900 is Best In Class ... Period!! ...
    ibigberries likes this.
    09-06-11 04:33 PM
    people are buying the 9900 because its a good phone, and if we are honest, because its a vast improvement over the older BB`s, not because one phone out of say fifty that a carrier holds might be banned. but either way its good news for RIM
    Yeah, I would agree with that. Most likely the best BB ever quite frankly. I have a Captivate and I am seriously considering a switchover. Problem is, the iPhone 5 as well as the QNX BB's are coming, so I think I'll just hold off for a little bit.
    09-06-11 05:37 PM
    Is the 9930 a better device than the 9850? I have spent quality time with the 9930 in the store and I am absolutely stunned by how nice it is. I am coming from storm 2 and always thought I'd stay with an all touch device but after messing with the bold my decision is tough.

I have yet to check out the 9850, other than a dummy device at Best Buy. Is the new torch 9850 gonna be the real deal or is the Bold the cats nuts?

Anyone have good experience with both models?...the dummy model was kinda cheesy by the way. I'm sure the real one will be fine though.

09-06-11 06:24 PM
    I think the difference between the two is one has a touch screen. The key board on the 9930 is one of the selling points of this device. You can see by the sales the 9900 series is a big hit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 07:32 PM
    Is the 9930 a better device than the 9850? I have spent quality time with the 9930 in the store and I am absolutely stunned by how nice it is. I am coming from storm 2 and always thought I'd stay with an all touch device but after messing with the bold my decision is tough.

I have yet to check out the 9850, other than a dummy device at Best Buy. Is the new torch 9850 gonna be the real deal or is the Bold the cats nuts?

Anyone have good experience with both models?...the dummy model was kinda cheesy by the way. I'm sure the real one will be fine though.

thats really more a `choice` rather than anything else. they have the same hardware in the sense of radio, processor and ram, so its really a choice of form factor. i guess theoretically you could say the 99xx is a little faster as it has a smaller screen to power, but that would be neglibile in difference at best.

personally i prefer the looks of the 9900 with its stainless bezel and the keyboard, however im sure many full touchscreen fans will say the complete opposite.
    09-06-11 07:57 PM
    I guess my biggest question is, is the 9850 a solid device? The dummy dvice I looked at left a bad taste in my mouth as it seemed kinda cheap...hoping it is just the fact that it wasn't a live device.

09-06-11 09:44 PM
    I guess my biggest question is, is the 9850 a solid device? The dummy dvice I looked at left a bad taste in my mouth as it seemed kinda cheap...hoping it is just the fact that it wasn't a live device.

Thank you very much!!I have fixed!!
    09-06-11 10:02 PM
    Loving the sound of that

09-07-11 12:39 AM
    The newest BlackBerries are better than anything I've used.

09-07-11 02:43 AM
    The Bold 9900 is a huge seller here in Austria. Some sellers sold it for 499�, but got sold out within hours. Now the price is around 550� (770$) and it's selling well, even there is no advertising!

My favourite site to watch prices in EU:
    Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 | Geizhals.at EU
    Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 | Skinflint Price Comparison EU

09-07-11 05:42 AM
    It helps that RIM gave people what they've been calling for. A solid, large form-factor, with a real keyboard/ touchscreen combo that is quite fast.

Is it the perfect phone? No such critter. But it fills a yawning chasm that has existed for at least 2 years. And its siblings that are about to release are making that gap even smaller, to fill in some of the other demands.

The race isn't over, it's a marathon, not a dash.

09-07-11 06:12 AM
    That's the thing to remember. Although these devices will help RIM, anyone who is expecting them to bring stock prices back to glory days will be disappointed.
    Prices have begun to come up modestly, but don't expect a double point gain this quarter. RIMM's recovery will take some time, it won't be immediate. And there will be a dip when the iPhone 5 releases. I would not expect otherwise.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-07-11 06:52 AM
    I sold my iphone 4 to get a bold. Blackberry is the best.
    09-07-11 07:38 AM

I handled a 9850 ( not a demo model) straight out of the box yesterday. The first thing that came to mind was just what you said, it felt cheap.
    09-07-11 08:41 AM
    I gotta say, I was psyched when I first saw the vids on youtube prior to launch. Then when it finally made it to market I was really psyched. THEN my company offered me a free torch or 9900 as of last week and I wasn't sure what to take. I finally made some time to stop by the store yesterday to take a look at the 9900. Hands down, no questions asked, I ordered my 9900 first thing this morning through the corp website.

That thing is so sweet! the screen on it is MUCH larger than I anticipated and the keyboard is just as big if not slightly bigger than the 8830 I'm still using. I really wanted the torch but the keyboard was bothering me.

I haven't felt this kind of excitment about a BB since the inital release of the 8830. I gotta say, the boys at RIM hit it out of the park on this one. Transitional or not, this bb7 device kicks a*ss! I don't care if QNX is coming out in 8 months. I'm getting a 9900 and IF the QNX phones are leaps and bounds better, then I'll sell the 9900 and get a QNX but like I said, I haven't been this excited about a BB since my 8830!
    09-07-11 10:43 AM
    Be selling good too if AT&T released it already in the US.
    09-07-11 12:10 PM
    I already got 2 of my co-workers to order them and my buddy just had me post an add online to sell his 9700 cuz he's upgrading to the 9900. I'm goin viral!
    09-07-11 12:20 PM
    Love my BB9930 paired with my 64GB Playbook.
    09-07-11 12:29 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD