$400 for this device is absolutely crazy.
    06-07-14 05:57 PM
    My feeling is that the new inventory of Bold 9900 edition was just meant as a stopgap measure until the Classic becomes available. Regarding the same specs, the decision was probably driven by the cost involved. Why spend additional resources on a device that the company does not plan to be a part of its future?

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    In that opinion, why wouldn't you use the saved production costs as extra resources to get the q20 done in a shorter time?
    I'm not really familiar with al the costs that are included/involved with the 2 processes, but it sounds logic to me...
    Rello likes this.
    06-07-14 07:22 PM
    Bold 9900s and 9930s here, folks! Get 'em while they're hot!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:38 PM
    Shoot I was hoping they would have the white version available as well. I always wanted the white version.
    The white version was cool, the back was like the back of the white Q10. One thing though: the white 9900 had paint that wasn't so solid around the LED, so when it would light up, the red would show some scratches or blemishes on the underside of the white face of the device, just near the LED cut out. It was annoying... and a problem that the white Q10 doesn't have.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:40 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Bold 9900 for contacts, emailing, phone calling still beats anything out there....

I would just carry another phone (iPhone 5) for photos, browsing, etc.

As i do now with z30 and Iphone...

Waiting for the Classic.... but would take an iconic bold 9900 anytime!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:43 PM
    $200.00 would be a fair price, but 400.00 is crazyyy
    Mack Gans and Brewer James like this.
    06-07-14 08:50 PM
    Most of those devices are going to enterprise markets where the posted price tag is within reason. More than likely there will be some type of discount for those companies that buy in bulk.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    $400 is within reason? Is it lol?

I hope this is more of a push to get people to upgrade to BB10 since they are pricing the 9900 that high. If someone is really willing to pay that price for this device, then good for BlackBerry I guess but it's not worth $400 IMO

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 08:53 PM
    They should have atleast increased the battery capacity.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    I agree many smartphones have short battery life
    06-07-14 09:00 PM
    I think it's a good move but a bad price. In 2009 a Bold would've been worth $399, not in 2014 though. Blackberry should have priced it at $199. Now I could be wrong, perhaps there'll be those who are willing to shell out $399. I would get a Bold, just not at $399.
    06-07-14 09:13 PM
    A mod needs to edit this thread's title.

Thanks, that was quick! So efficient.
    06-07-14 09:35 PM
    Shoot I was hoping they would have the white version available as well. I always wanted the white version.
    You can buy the white version on Amazon for less than the Shop BlackBerry price.
    06-07-14 09:38 PM
    I still think the price is way too much but if enterprise consumers bite, then go ahead. I just hope that this does not deter people away from buying Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 10:55 PM
    The re-release of the 99xx series isn't going to do anything to help dispel the myth that BlackBerries are old and outdated. Having it linger around in the lineup is only going to confuse people. I realize that the decision to restart production was apparently based on customer demand - but it's not like the previous demand for the device was able to reverse the company's decline.
    06-07-14 11:29 PM
    The re-release of the 99xx series isn't going to do anything to help dispel the myth that BlackBerries are old and outdated. Having it linger around in the lineup is only going to confuse people. I realize that the decision to restart production was apparently based on customer demand - but it's not like the previous demand for the device was able to reverse the company's decline.
    Right... so just completely ignore the trackpad users until Classic comes out?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-07-14 11:37 PM
    Right... so just completely ignore the trackpad users until Classic comes out?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    The trackpad has its uses, but it's not like it's a must have in order to navigate a device. Catering to the limited number of those who "must" have a trackpad by re-releasing a 3 year old phone isn't going to really do much for the company in the long term. And if the user absolutely has to have it, it's not like they can go to a competitor to get their fix (I can't think of any mainstream mobile device off the top of my head that has a trackpad) - they can wait for the Classic.

Chances are, if a consumer picks up a 9900 now, it'll be subsidized on a contract, meaning they'll be using it for a couple more years. If it's an enterprise customer getting it, it'll give them all the more reason to hang on and not upgrade their fleet of deployed BlackBerries to BB10 (my employer for example, is trying to ride out BBOS for as long as possible as they don't want to upgrade their BES to be compatible with BB10). None of this is going to help the goal of driving forward with BB10 if they keep hanging out to shreds of the past.
    06-07-14 11:59 PM
    I'm concerned that the $399 price tag may indicate that BlackBerry continue to live in dreamland when it comes to product pricing/costing, despite the hard lesson that the markets taught them on the release of the Z10. I've been looking forward to release of the Q20/Q30/Windermere (or whatever it ends up being called) but i'm also concenred that it will be seriously over-priced i.e. aimed at the enterprise rather than the consumer market. I do hope I'm wrong....
    06-08-14 01:20 AM
    This is probably aimed at the people who used their old 9900 a lot and need a replacement. I mean would they want to type on a keyboard with erased letters or use a severely scratched backplate?

I think re-releasing it is not a good move, but it's great for those who need to replace their battered 9900s (and wouldn't want to try the BB10s).

And people -- chill out. At least this one's sold online. Reduces the hassle of sending it to merchants and then returning it because they weren't sold.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    06-08-14 01:33 AM
    yeah u must have been living under a rock , since if it was a success(though i loved it) then BB wouldn't be in the situation where they are now! It was just not comparable to the high end devices at that time.

Lol. Let's blame the 9900 for where Blackberry is right now.

Yaaaaaaaaaaa right.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:43 AM
    I would say Yes! The high end models are usually the ones which creates a success to the corresponding company, like it shows what its capable of.
    for ex: Samsung S2 was responsible for the success of samsung, not the cheap Samsung Ace or Grand! and for Sony, their Z series, for HTC, their One series.
    9900 did nothing, OS7 sucked compared to android and iOS at that time. I know fanboys wont agree with me, but its the fact! What made OS7 worse was its batterty life, no apps and outdated OS.

Not going to get into a debate on the downfall of Blackberry with you.
    I have read much on this topic and no where does it state the 9900 led to that downfall. I suggest you do the same. Here's a start http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile
    Read the reviews on the 9900 back in 2011. They're actually really good.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:29 AM
    Not going to get into a debate on the downfall of Blackberry with you.
    I have read much on this topic and no where does it state the 9900 led to that downfall. I suggest you do the same. Here's a start http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile
    Read the reviews on the 9900 back in 2011. They're actually really good.

Posted via CB10
    I never said BB9900 was bad, i love that phone, and i will buy it in the future, maybe after an year or two because i already have a 9790.
    But 9900 was not upto the mark compared to the high end phones released at that time! It was an outdated device .

06-08-14 03:53 AM
    I think it's preparing the way for the Classic. Making some kind of continuity and relevancy since the Windermere is a continuity of the Q10. It is a very good move and a way to show the history and the "you had the bold now upgrade to the classic" something the Q10 wasn't exactly meant to be. But seeing it this way, the Q10 made another class of its own and now we have 2 classes of high end keyboard phones instead of just the Bold. While the Classic will apparently be with a hybrid OS between BlackBerry os and BB10, the Whinderemere will be BB10 is its full glory fully specs.