Congratulations to anyone that bought at the recent lows. Finally some vindication, but a victory hasn't been reached yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 01:24 PM
    A couple of comments...

Instead of answering to stockholders, management will have to answer to the new owners. If they don't deliver - someone has to pay off the debt to buy the company - heads will roll, but no one will know or care (unless it is your head).

If a company makes improper statements to potential buyers, lawsuits and and will erupt.
    Yes and Yes, BUT if the company is taken private it will be at the behest of upper BB mgmt. or, less likely, a decision mostly independent of current BB management. Regardless, if BB "goes private" it will not be to continue its current route of hardware and software development. Almost certainly it will be to sell off a major part of the current BB scheme, strip more mgmt. and employees, then re-emerge as an entirely different publicly traded company in 4-5 years. Alternatively, one of the giants of high tech will plunk down some pocket change for control and, likely, do something very similar to that restructuring just described -- except to keep part of BB's new scheme and integrate it within its own product mix.

YES, the stock will get a temporary bump from these, and no doubt others, that begin to look at BB as an acquisition. SO, those that recently bought BB shares at a low (mostly for the wrong reasons) will be able to get a quick bump and oppty to get out at a profit. From here on out, BB will get its movement on speculation of sale rather than speculation on quarterly operating results. But aside from this "pump and dump" oppty, it's probably still a bit too soon for an acquisition/sale; I don't see any ultimate sale being for over $8.50/share max. Look for BB employee focus now decline relative to product enhancement/service within the BB ranks. BB (shares and reputation) will soon slide further when it records flat, or declining, results as to be reported in September.

Remember, however, these talks--and those from other suitors that will soon jump in--is all a part of the early staging at this point .... The June results, however, did unquestionably take more of a toll on BB than first thought. Preliminary talks of a BB takeover came even quicker than the early October date that I had otherwise expected.
    08-12-13 05:23 PM
    This sends a simple message - no one is looking, we have no deals in place and will consider any offer.
    08-12-13 05:31 PM
    Congratulations to anyone that bought at the recent lows. Finally some vindication, but a victory hasn't been reached yet.

Posted via CB10
    vindication? victory?

Not sure what you mean by either statement. The bounce in the stock price has NOTHING to do with sales of BlackBerry devices or with investors being confident in the ability of BB10 to regain a portion of the market. It is solely a result of people reacting to the possibility of a sale of the company - shorts trying to cover and investors trying to get in before the price is set. If tomorrow someone says the purposed sale fell through...

To me vindication would be when quarterly results show that sales of BB10 devices far exceeds the losses from legacy users, and that they overall BlackBerry user base is growing. Victory is when it can be said that BB10 sales are growing and sustainable mobile platform has been created.
    szlevi and JeepBB like this.
    08-13-13 10:01 AM
    AGREE wit the scalemaster34....was this another investor sneaking on to the Z10 forum. There's no vindication, except a short-term burp in the share price. As much as I was among the first to say that the Z10 is not ready FOR BUSINESS prime time, there is no vindication or victory with recent events. It is an indication that BB and OS10 is in decay, albeit a few investors--both shorts and longs--as well as some mgmt. will be rewarded for THIS MESS that has been left for the BB faithful. But I'm almost among the first also to say that we shouldn't get emotional about our phones, homes, or autos.

Still, I wish that I hadn't been suckered into the talk but, I suppose, that we just wanted to believe.
    08-13-13 12:22 PM
    Vindication?
    No. Capitulation to the reality that BBRY survive in its current state.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-13-13 12:29 PM
56 123