Unfortunately i think that the specs are a big hoax...

I don't get why people want "better" cameras in their phones... Greater amount of pixels does not equal better images. I would rather have a 2mp camera with better optics than a 5mp camera - and lets not forget about the "flash", the most useless piece of junk one can put in a cellphone.

Who cares if your phone has 10000 mp camera, if usage of said camera will unnecessarily eat up battery life. And graphics processor for gaming? what a laugh...am i in the right forums? cause for a sec i thought that i had ended up in a iphone forum... i understand that the use of a graphics processor will make the overall response and feel of the phone better, but there's no need to implement a gaming oriented processor...
    09-12-09 08:41 AM
    haadah, I agree with you about the camera.

As for the inclusion of a gaming oriented graphics chip, it makes sense if RIM wants to increase their marketshare in the consumer market.

Corporate/bes users are their bread and butter. They have a majority market share of that segment in North America. Not much room for sales growth there, unless they offer new services to existing customers. They just have to maintain that segment of users.

The consumer market is where they have the greatest opportunity for new customers.

In addition to games, how about engineers, architects, investors, real estate people and buyers being able to go on a 3D tour of an existing or proposed structure, just by tilting their handheld? With zoom of course.

Health professionals could go on a 3D tour of a patients MRI. Then play Mario Cart when they're done.

The con

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 09:37 AM
    Unfortunately i think that the specs are a big hoax...

I don't get why people want "better" cameras in their phones... Greater amount of pixels does not equal better images. I would rather have a 2mp camera with better optics than a 5mp camera - and lets not forget about the "flash", the most useless piece of junk one can put in a cellphone.

Who cares if your phone has 10000 mp camera, if usage of said camera will unnecessarily eat up battery life. And graphics processor for gaming? what a laugh...am i in the right forums? cause for a sec i thought that i had ended up in a iphone forum... i understand that the use of a graphics processor will make the overall response and feel of the phone better, but there's no need to implement a gaming oriented processor...
    WOW, i completely disagree with you on the gaming processor. Why would you not want to play games on your blackberry that are as good if not better than those on the Iphone? If i were RIM, i would not want games to be like the Iphone but much better than the Iphone. The only reason i have a Blackberry is because of the touchscreen Storm. I thought this would finally give me what i want which is the excellent push e-mail, security, third party apps, touchscreen,etc but also awesome games, media player.
    09-12-09 10:19 AM
    A 3d processor can make all the difference in an OS too, Vista and Windows 7 have graphically accelerated GUIs that are much faster and more fluid than previous versions and allow the main CPU to continue doing things in the background and make things easier and faster.

Plus the flash on a camera's very useful, if nothing else than turning on the camera and having a flashlight. Used it plenty of times for this alone. You're right though, improve the quality of the flash and sensor before upping the megapixels and you'll take better pictures.
    09-12-09 08:38 PM
    LazyStarGazer, good point about 3d apps - that had totally slipped my mind.

@matrix2004
    Most of the BB users i know are corporate/bes users and they do not prioritize the properties you have mentioned - neither do i. I am aware that there are users who use their BB's for things other than "serious" work but the philosophy and capabilities of RIM has always been business oriented.

@codito
    I agree with you on this, but don't see accelerated GUI coming to BB's in the foreseeable future because that would require a total rewrite of the OS, which i don't think RIM will begin before version 5.5 or 6.0.

Better sensors and better optics is what is needed, the reason i said the flash was/is useless is that the output compared to a normal flash is insignificant; added to this is the relatively high battery usage. I myself only use the flash as a flashlight, and even that only in the rare occasion that i don't have a flashlight in reach.
    As it is now i think that they should focus on other aspects of the hardware then picture and video capabilities. I'm sure that i'm not the only one who could live with a sucky camera if it meant better hardware or software - i don't even use the camera, often i have a small point and shoot in reach which is far better than the camera on any phone i have seen.
    09-13-09 03:30 AM

@matrix2004
    Most of the BB users i know are corporate/bes users and they do not prioritize the properties you have mentioned - neither do i. I am aware that there are users who use their BB's for things other than "serious" work but the philosophy and capabilities of RIM has always been business oriented.

@codito
    I agree with you on this, but don't see accelerated GUI coming to BB's in the foreseeable future because that would require a total rewrite of the OS, which i don't think RIM will begin before version 5.5 or 6.0.

Better sensors and better optics is what is needed, the reason i said the flash was/is useless is that the output compared to a normal flash is insignificant; added to this is the relatively high battery usage. I myself only use the flash as a flashlight, and even that only in the rare occasion that i don't have a flashlight in reach.
    As it is now i think that they should focus on other aspects of the hardware then picture and video capabilities. I'm sure that i'm not the only one who could live with a sucky camera if it meant better hardware or software - i don't even use the camera, often i have a small point and shoot in reach which is far better than the camera on any phone i have seen.
    All I have to say to your post is, +1!

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 04:08 AM

@matrix2004

@codito

I never carry a regular digital camera so the camera on my phone is usually pretty worn out by the time I get a new one. I know what you mean about the flash not being very powerful, but some phones have been equipped with real flashes, which I wouldn't mind seeing. And the 3D if nothing else could be used for flash video, which can be hardware accelerated. Would make flash video run nice and smooth if they ever make it for BB...
    09-13-09 01:38 PM
    if this is true about the oled screen the device is going to be pretty expensive ...
    09-13-09 06:31 PM
    wonder how bulky it would be?
    09-16-09 02:09 AM
    wonder how bulky it would be?
    Not much i hope, rim is going to make this phone awsome lol i rather have the odin i will not wait another year xD
    09-16-09 12:37 PM
    Let's have the Odin first.
    09-25-09 08:49 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD