BB Androis user (Keyone) - This is just ridiculous by Blackberry once again. I paid for BBMe when they decided to shut BBM and till today remain a paying customer. How could they just not care and let BBMe be turned off like this. Anther thing which i dont understand is, why doesnt the BBMe continue to work on my data of WIFI. I mean at the end of the day its just a chat app like all the others right?

Serves us right for staying loyal during shifting consumer preferences over the past 13-15 years. Should have moved on a long time ago.
    What are you talking about? BIS is the shutdown announced. Different article states that UAE government is blocking all other encrypted chat providers. I’ve been one that openly criticized BBMe on here and still do. What does this have to do with BlackBerry and within it’s control?
    03-11-20 06:32 PM
    It has nothing to do with UAE government blocking encrypted chat providers. Trust me all chatting apps are free to use here. Just to update you, BBME has started working again since yesterday evening. So there we go again. Fail to understand why every BB issue is resolved only after the deadlines have elapsed. Its their slack attitude towards loyal customers that i have an issue with.
    03-12-20 01:09 AM
    Not every1 works in the same industry or maybe has the time to follow what BB is upto now except the fleeting odd news. It was quite simple actually, we are closing down BBM however if you love it soooo much then pay a price and jump on the enterprise bandwagon. Now i have always gathered that the enterprise business is very dear to BB hence was sumwhat relived that now i will be able to enjoy a stable service. I dont care had they even charged me $50 or more. Its the carelessness and not a give a hoot attitude which i have an issue with. Just to update you, BBMe started working again late last night after being offline for 36 odd hours. Thats what i have a problem with. Whatever they resolved with the service provider now, could have been done earlier too.
    03-12-20 01:20 AM
    Were you unaware of BB's position in the market and the challenges they've been facing there? Did you not know that after licensing out BBM to Emtek that Emtek failed to make it profitable and shut it down?

BB has been slowly exiting consumer-facing businesses for years, preferring to focus on business customers (and not smartphone-related businesses). If you chose to invest your $5 in BB, you had to be aware that there was some risk in doing so, especially after normal BBM was shut down.

Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware) is ALWAYS the rule of the day.
    Not every1 works in the same industry or maybe has the time to follow what BB is upto now except the fleeting odd news. It was quite simple actually, we are closing down BBM however if you love it soooo much then pay a price and jump on the enterprise bandwagon. Now i have always gathered that the enterprise business is very dear to BB hence was sumwhat relived that now i will be able to enjoy a stable service. I dont care had they even charged me $50 or more. Its the carelessness and not a give a hoot attitude which i have an issue with. Just to update you, BBMe started working again late last night after being offline for 36 odd hours. Thats what i have a problem with. Whatever they resolved with the service provider now, could have been done earlier too.
    03-12-20 01:24 AM
    What are you talking about? BIS is the shutdown announced. Different article states that UAE government is blocking all other encrypted chat providers. I’ve been one that openly criticized BBMe on here and still do. What does this have to do with BlackBerry and within it’s control?
    It has nothing to do with UAE government blocking encrypted chat providers. Trust me all chatting apps are free to use here. Just to update you, BBME has started working again since yesterday evening. So there we go again. Fail to understand why every BB issue is resolved only after the deadlines have elapsed. Its their slack attitude towards loyal customers that i have an issue with.
    03-12-20 01:26 AM
    So this article is just fake news....

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/1...ati_app_totok/
    03-12-20 06:58 AM
    Just to update you, BBMe started working again late last night after being offline for 36 odd hours. Thats what i have a problem with. Whatever they resolved with the service provider now, could have been done earlier too.
    Mine has been humming along perfectly...
    03-12-20 08:29 PM
    Mine has been humming along perfectly...
    You in UAE? Cuz it was down for all my other UAE resident friends too.
    03-13-20 05:57 AM
    You in UAE? Cuz it was down for all my other UAE resident friends too.
    I'm not.
    03-13-20 08:15 AM
34 12