Hi all,

I'm derek29 and I now have a blackberry.

After having a work iphone for 2 years, my company has moved us all to Blackberry. They are saying that it has BesX which is the 'best option for smaller organisations.'

I guess they were pissed off at us going crazy on aps. I'm fine with the change and am up for new beginnings.....but, gonna miss the iphone.

So....I would like to know what's up with Blackberry and all the fuss? I thought it wasn't doing that well? And from what I read, its having serious privacy issues, that I'm sure will start filtering into the UK soon...just a matter of time.

I guess my question is, why are Blackberry's so good for small businesses, and what you folks like best about your Blackberry?

Today is my first BB day. Here we go!

Thanks, D.
    08-18-10 05:35 AM
    Some things Blackberry does better then other smartphones,you can not beat the email and SMS capabilities,on the other hand web browsing is nothing great,and android and Apple have way more Apps,companies like using them for security purposes,nobody beats RIM at this.
    08-18-10 06:51 AM
    Hi all,

I'm derek29 and I now have a blackberry.

After having a work iphone for 2 years, my company has moved us all to Blackberry. They are saying that it has BesX which is the 'best option for smaller organisations.'

BesX is a free version of BES, why it is the "Best option for smaller organizations" is that they get the basic control over the device as they did in the past with ActiveSync, but it's free, and the BB devices use far less data meaning the business can negotiate a lower data package, as it is quite common for a group of phones to share minutes/data. a Blackberry user can maintain a 10MB/month data consumption if all they do is use email and basic attachments, that is next to impossible on other devices.

I guess they were pissed off at us going crazy on aps. I'm fine with the change and am up for new beginnings.....but, gonna miss the iphone.

Buy an iPod touch for your apps

So....I would like to know what's up with Blackberry and all the fuss? I thought it wasn't doing that well? And from what I read, its having serious privacy issues, that I'm sure will start filtering into the UK soon...just a matter of time.

The "privacy issues" that RIM is having is because they right now offer much better privacy than any other smartphone out of the box, and the governments don't like that. They way it has been blown out of proportion, many people seem to think it is less safe to use a BB which is far from the case, all the governments want is to be able to snoop your BB the same way they have been snooping iphones, and android devices all along. as for RIM not doing well, They still outsell globally the iPhone, and Android devices, this may change in the near future with the growth of Android, but it is just in the Tech Blog world that RIM is taking a really heavy beating, they are not what they once were, but they are far from hurting.

I guess my question is, why are Blackberry's so good for small businesses, and what you folks like best about your Blackberry?

What I like BEST about my Blackberry is the keyboard, once you get used to it, it is really hard to go to another device, the little red notification light you'll start to see in your sleep for a while and you'll yearn for it, Your entire company should have a PIN number list, and have you all connected via BBM, BBM has been very valuable for communication within the company, little things like, when we land and are getting trying to arrange where to meet as we come from different places, or bring coffee this meeting is dry! and just poking fun at each other when on conference calls. BBM ads good fun to the work place.

Today is my first BB day. Here we go!

Thanks, D.

Welcome to the World of CRACKBerry, you'll learn why it is called that I am sure.

Don't forget your BB has an Auto Off function if you are over whelmed use it! lol
    08-18-10 07:54 AM
    Welcome to the BB world hope you enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD