It really depends on what you do. The email client is superb, and the there's nothing to beat it at the moment.

However, for the rest, a good Android phone can easily be better suited. You have way more apps on hand, including important business tools like Microsoft Office, just to name one. The devices are faster and you have more connectivity to several services. You're just always on top of new technologies, including payment services as another example.

BlackBerry has its perks but it's not the better business tool in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I agree of that, I also have android and iphone (also iPad). But as my experienced using both OS, BlackBerry has always win in term of "connectivity and smooth OS (only apple can beat this)". For me it's better business tools

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    04-09-16 06:13 PM
    Hacking that phone required the expensive services of an Israeli company and the hack they use would not apparently work on a modern 64bit iPhone. The phone in question was a 5c which is really just a 5 with a plastic case. The 5 is a four year old phone at this point.
    If you go the Cellebrite homepage, you will see that they claim to hack any iphone and iPad, including the latest.
    04-09-16 10:14 PM
    What did those attacks have to do with iPhones?
    I did not claim they were through Iphones in that particular case.

I wrote two sentences. The second was about Iphones and ipads and it's not connected to the first.

Both sentences are true and state published facts.

As of yet, there has been no confirmed hack of a BlackBerry phone on BES, not even of a BlackBerry phone not on BES. Just collaboration from BlackBerry with the authorities when a legal warrant was provided.
    And the latter is only of a more recent date. Only after 2011, after the London riots where BBM was used by the rioters and UK police could not intercept them.

Lazaridis always claimed that BlackBerry did not have access to customers' encryption keys and therefore could not pass customer data to authorities, warrant or no warrant, period!

Things have changed with Chen.
    04-09-16 10:15 PM
    How long are Crackberrians going to cling to this? Chen at least understands the situation and the best way forward is to work with systems that are prominent in business.
    04-10-16 07:00 AM
    If you go the Cellebrite homepage, you will see that they claim to hack any iphone and iPad, including the latest.
    I went to their home page and saw nothing of the sort. After digging around a bit I did find this:

"Cellebrite's Advanced Investigative Services (CAIS) offers global law enforcement agencies a breakthrough service to unlock Apple devices running iOS 8.x.
    This unique capability is the first of its kind – unlock of Apple devices running iOS 8.x in a forensically sound manner and without any hardware intervention or risk of device wipe.

Cellebrite's unlocking capability supports the following devices: iPhone 4S / 5 / 5C, iPad 2 / 3G / 4G,iPad mini 1G, and iPod touch 5G running iOS 8 - 8.0 / 8.0.1/ 8.0.2 / 8.1 / 8.1.1 / 8.1.2 / 8.1.3 / 8.2/ 8.3 / 8.4 / 8.4.1."
    04-10-16 07:33 AM
    I went to their home page and saw nothing of the sort. After digging around a bit I did find this:

"Cellebrite's Advanced Investigative Services (CAIS) offers global law enforcement agencies a breakthrough service to unlock Apple devices running iOS 8.x.
    This unique capability is the first of its kind � unlock of Apple devices running iOS 8.x in a forensically sound manner and without any hardware intervention or risk of device wipe.

Cellebrite's unlocking capability supports the following devices: iPhone 4S / 5 / 5C, iPad 2 / 3G / 4G,iPad mini 1G, and iPod touch 5G running iOS 8 - 8.0 / 8.0.1/ 8.0.2 / 8.1 / 8.1.1 / 8.1.2 / 8.1.3 / 8.2/ 8.3 / 8.4 / 8.4.1."
    I don't see the latest iPhones and iPads on this list. Am I missing something?
    04-10-16 11:09 AM
    No, it doesn't.
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    04-10-16 04:49 PM
    I don't see the latest iPhones and iPads on this list. Am I missing something?
    No you are not. They can only break into old iPhones running old versions of iOS.
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    04-10-16 04:52 PM
    How? Its not like you can't separate by email accounts on the other platforms. They aren't all just a jumbled mess that you can't sort through by account. I'm just curious because I don't really see how its more productive on BB10.
    Are you familiar with how the Hub manages emails, texts, messaging etc?

I can search and manage tens of thousands of emails in one location rather then opening up multiple emails and apps. I have never seen this done with android or iPhone with anywhere near the same efficiency although I'm sure they will catch up soon.

Posted via CB10
    Bob Brown7 likes this.
    04-10-16 05:34 PM

I can search and manage tens of thousands of emails in one location rather then opening up multiple emails and apps. I have never seen this done with android or iPhone with anywhere near the same efficiency although I'm sure they will catch up soon.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, we're all familiar with how the Hub crams everything into one place. It works fine but so do the methods Android and Apple use.

Do you think there's no one with an Android or iPhone that manages a lot of email? Only you? This "only people with BB10 are efficient" garbage is laughable. The world (99.7%) is getting by just fine in case you haven't noticed.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    04-10-16 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any problems managing email on either Android or iOS. Its not just separate apps any more, hasn't been for a while.
    04-10-16 05:52 PM
    Yes, we're all familiar with how the Hub crams everything into one place. It works fine but so do the methods Android and Apple use.

Do you think there's no one with an Android or iPhone that manages a lot of email? Only you? This "only people with BB10 are efficient" garbage is laughable. The world (99.7%) is getting by just fine in case you haven't noticed.
    They might be getting by but in my experience nothing handles email like the bb10 hub. You can say it's laughable but that is you opinion. I came from android to bb10 and the hub is MUCH better. It's not horrible on my priv but definitely better on bb10.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-10-16 05:56 PM
    They might be getting by but in my experience nothing handles email like the bb10 hub. You can say it's laughable but that is you opinion. I came from android to bb10 and the hub is MUCH better. It's not horrible on my priv but definitely better on bb10.

They are more than getting by, they are running large businesses. I don't doubt you find the Hub extremely useful, but I still find the elitist viewpoint of BB10 laughable.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-10-16 06:01 PM
    They are more than getting by, they are running large businesses. I don't doubt you find the Hub extremely useful, but I still find the elitist viewpoint of BB10 laughable.
    I don't have an elitist view about any of it, although some do as do some android and iPhone users. I switched to bb10 because I really dislike Google. I switched back because some of the things that used this work so well on my z30 no longer do. Refused to go to Apple since I am already invested in android. The hub is still in my opinion the best as is bb10. I think we both know that lack of apps is the issue with bb10. It really is a slick os. I'm counting on the hub getting better on BlackBerry android. I'm sure it will. When done right, the hub is awesome

04-10-16 06:08 PM
    I don't have an elitist view about any of it, although some do as do some android and iPhone users. I switched to bb10 because I really dislike Google. I switched back because some of the things that used this work so well on my z30 no longer do. Refused to go to Apple since I am already invested in android. The hub is still in my opinion the best as is bb10. I think we both know that lack of apps is the issue with bb10. It really is a slick os. I'm counting on the hub getting better on BlackBerry android. I'm sure it will. When done right, the hub is awesome

I wasn't speaking about you, but in general.

I'm interested to see how they implement blackberry tools into Android. It may draw a crowd for people looking for something different. It just depends on whether people are willing to switch, especially if they are happy with what they have.
    04-10-16 06:13 PM
    No, it doesn't.
    That is interesting because it did two weeks ago when their name was first mentioned by BBC. Maybe they updated the website since then. But I posted it here two weeks ago and it was as I mentioned, even bb10 was mentioned if the BlackBerry ID was given to them.

Indeed, I have just checked and the website is quite different now.
    They no longer advertise those services on their main webpage.

That's the problem with the Web information. Here today gone (or modified) tomorrow.

You can dig the crackberry forum on apple vs. FBI. Te discussion should still be there...
    04-10-16 10:16 PM
    http://www.cellebrite.com/Pages/ios-...FQsDvAodpxoHjQ

There you go: iphone6 and iphone6plus on the list, along with ipad1,2,3,4
    04-10-16 10:19 PM
    http://www.cellebrite.com/Pages/ios-...FQsDvAodpxoHjQ

There you go: iphone6 and iphone6plus on the list, along with ipad1,2,3,4
    But no iPad Air. Also, even this page doesn't claim to be able to extract data from phones running the latest versions of iOS. Just 8.
    04-11-16 04:53 PM
    It's necessarily receiving the emails that BB10 excels in, it's how each can be manipulated that does it for me. Any platform can receive them of course and few other things but the options that BB10 offers from an email are simply better.

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    06-24-16 08:22 PM
    For some it is, for others it isn't. As a digital marketer , more specifically a search consultant, some of the tools that I use have been made into Android apps so I can do some work while on-the-go, they are watered down versions of the full desktop ones that give me the most important info, so for me a BB would not be good for work unless its a Priv.
    06-25-16 01:14 AM
    As a sales and marketing chap bb10 isn't good For work, due to lack of or poor social media app. A passport with android would be great as best of both worlds, screen size and keyboard and ecosystem.
    We use apple currently and that's better than bb10 but could do better!

Swiped on my Passport!
    06-25-16 05:54 AM
    Yay for emails, can't be bothered typing without a physical keyboard
    06-25-16 06:10 AM
    BlackBerry is the worst phone for work. And all those that are saying it's the best are in complete denial of what BlackBerry lacks for productivity.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 10:17 AM
    Wouldn't that depend on what you do for work?
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-25-16 10:22 AM
    Wouldn't that depend on what you do for work?
    If you are a professional emailer by trade then maybe BlackBerry will be the phone for you. You still have many options on Android and iphone for emails.

It's sad that majority of people say it's a great work phone because of its email and hub function.
    I would rather have a smartphone with less than average email function but excellent access to the professional "native" apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 10:29 AM
159 ... 4567