I bought a 640 for $29 just to play around with. Not bad must say.
    I'm going to get one of these to play with too.
    04-05-16 06:39 PM
    I'm going to get one of these to play with too.
    Grab one while you can. They're getting harder to find.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-05-16 06:41 PM
    If you rely on multiple email addresses then there is no substitute for the HUB. It's not even close. My employees use iPhone and droids and they were buried in emails. I had no choice but to issue bb10 blackberry classics to all of my employees in the field.

Posted via CB10
    How? Its not like you can't separate by email accounts on the other platforms. They aren't all just a jumbled mess that you can't sort through by account. I'm just curious because I don't really see how its more productive on BB10.
    Elephant_Canyon and Eumaeus like this.
    04-05-16 09:40 PM
    Grab one while you can. They're getting harder to find.
    My only previous exposure to WP was an HTC Radar, running WP 7.5, a few years ago. I actually liked the tile interface, which has only improved since then. A lot of other things seemed primitive to me, and of course there's the WP app gap... But on the whole it wasn't bad. I want to try again, and also see if my wife might prefer it. She also has a OnePlus One now, which works fine but she does sometimes struggle with the complexity of the Android experience. I wonder if she might find WP more streamlined.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-06-16 01:48 PM
    She might, and at $29 you wouldn't have a ridiculous investment.
    04-06-16 03:38 PM
    Yay! I use my Q10 for both work and personal use. For work it is brilliant, the hub is key to this (as well as the PKB, although that is subjective). My ability to preview emails, alerts, messages and appointments is greatly improved by the hub and I am able to very quickly triage new notifications etc from the hub too. Not sure how this will translate on the Priv. Battery life also allows me to get through a full day easily without having to charge.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-07-16 06:27 AM
    Yes, it's the best for work: but it also gives me a great deal of personal pleasure too
    04-07-16 06:28 AM
    For me yes!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-07-16 09:16 AM
    She might, and at $29 you wouldn't have a ridiculous investment.
    I got one on eBay for $40, which is what they were going for in stores. It's still an insanely low price for a fully functional smartphone. I should have it in a few days, and I have to say I'm looking forward to playing with it.

That period of time when you have a new OS, or a significant update to an existing OS, is always fun.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-07-16 11:54 AM
    In terms of Communication (Email) the BB is by far the best. But as many have said the lack of Apps that are out there don't make up for the benefits of the email.
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-07-16 02:57 PM
    Who works??
    04-07-16 07:19 PM
    Who works??
    OK, best answer yet!
    04-08-16 11:51 AM
    I really like The Civil War app.
    04-08-16 04:52 PM
    Like others have said it has its trade offs depending on what your work is.

My Passport at times is the only non windows device that I use to take recertification test. Sites that my mac and iphone won't load I can complete on my Passport.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    04-08-16 10:06 PM
    For sales I need the best communications device. I need to make sure I do not miss a single text, email, phone call, appointment and I have to respond in a timely manner at all times. The BlackBerry 10 hub is the only one I trust to make sure nothing is missed or delayed.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 10:24 PM
    Yay, there's nothing can beat BlackBerry email especially....

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    04-09-16 12:19 AM
    It really depends on what you do. The email client is superb, and the there's nothing to beat it at the moment.

However, for the rest, a good Android phone can easily be better suited. You have way more apps on hand, including important business tools like Microsoft Office, just to name one. The devices are faster and you have more connectivity to several services. You're just always on top of new technologies, including payment services as another example.

BlackBerry has its perks but it's not the better business tool in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and TgeekB like this.
    04-09-16 02:58 AM
    It really depends on what you do. The email client is superb, and the there's nothing to beat it at the moment.

However, for the rest, a good Android phone can easily be better suited. You have way more apps on hand, including important business tools like Microsoft Office, just to name one. The devices are faster and you have more connectivity to several services. You're just always on top of new technologies, including payment services as another example.

BlackBerry has its perks but it's not the better business tool in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Very true and apps are what folks use to get things done in 2016.
    04-09-16 04:44 AM
    Hope you keep no patient files on your non-blackberry phone and have no 3rd. party apps with file access.
    Aren't you worried of being sued by a patient for negligence or breach of privacy?
    In education, we are obliged to keep all student records, marks, and information confidential and encrypted.
    You know that modern iPhones encrypt all data at rest automatically right?
    Eumaeus likes this.
    04-09-16 09:57 AM
    You know that modern iPhones encrypt all data at rest automatically right?
    I do, but you probably heard about all the cyber attacks on hospitals recently, especially in US.
    It's not like iphones and ipads have not been hacked. It didn't take long, even for a very famous encrypted one.
    04-09-16 10:53 AM
    For me and my work at present...Yay!

Android and iPhone are non-starters. Windows 10 phone 's promise is exciting, if they could manage to get an Intel processor and Windows 10 Pro running on one.

Until smart phones run on full-featured OSes, I just want them for phone, email, messaging, remote file management, calendars, contacts, tasks, Internet browsing and navigation. BB10 comes with native apps for all of those out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    You know that Android is built on top of Linux and that iOS is built on Mac OS-X right? Last I checked those were both full featured operating systems. On mobile a lot of things are locked down for security reasons.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    04-09-16 11:19 AM
    I do, but you probably heard about all the cyber attacks on hospitals recently, especially in US.
    It's not like iphones and ipads have not been hacked. It didn't take long, even for a very famous encrypted one.
    Hacking that phone required the expensive services of an Israeli company and the hack they use would not apparently work on a modern 64bit iPhone. The phone in question was a 5c which is really just a 5 with a plastic case. The 5 is a four year old phone at this point.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    04-09-16 11:23 AM
    BTW Those cyber attacks used vulnerabilities in a JBoss on Windows configuration. No Apple software was involved.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    04-09-16 11:28 AM
    What did those attacks have to do with iPhones?
    04-09-16 11:30 AM
    What did those attacks have to do with iPhones?
    Nothing.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    04-09-16 11:41 AM
159 ... 34567