Yep, 9900 is definitely not a viewer. Just an editor. Data entry, one cell at a time, doesn't require, nor desire, large screens. Viewing is done on PassPort, Z30 or back at CAD stations for generating database.

Classic thru Miracast is handy to read spreadsheet on large TV. Trackpad makes navigation pretty effortless.
    Too many devices!
    grover5 likes this.
    04-03-16 05:28 PM
    Too many devices!
    Lol. Too many differing projects! Right tool for the right job = optimal productivity.
    04-03-16 05:49 PM
    Lol. Too many differing projects! Right tool for the right job = optimal productivity.
    If you carry all of them with you all the time! There is no such thing as "optimal productivity" for all situations. We're talking mobility. We also have to admit differing need for different professions.

I think we're both making good points for different situations. Fun to examine as its the best way to learn about others and their unique needs!
    grover5 likes this.
    04-03-16 05:57 PM
    Yay, guaranteed. For managing multiple work email accounts, responding with attachments/documents...for sure

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    04-03-16 05:59 PM
    Define "work."
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-03-16 06:07 PM
    If you carry all of them with you all the time! There is no such thing as "optimal productivity" for all situations. We're talking mobility. We also have to admit differing need for different professions.

I think we're both making good points for different situations. Fun to examine as its the best way to learn about others and their unique needs!

Only 9900 gets carried all of the time. One of Classic, or Passport, or Z30 usually, but not always, also tag along as second carry depending on expected needs for the day. CAD stations stay put. Lol.

One of our QC activities once required two techs and a Panasonic Toughbook. I started experimenting with using one hand on 9650 for termination data entry while the other hand traces conductors. One tech now does twice+ productivity as the old "two techs and a Toughbook". Toughbooks were $3-5K. Management, clients and coworkers are all happy.

yep, internet is a great place for broadening perspectives.
    04-03-16 06:17 PM
    Hope you keep no patient files on your non-blackberry phone and have no 3rd. party apps with file access.
    Aren't you worried of being sued by a patient for negligence or breach of privacy?
    In education, we are obliged to keep all student records, marks, and information confidential and encrypted.
    You still believe that only Blackberry is safe? LOL can I borrow your abacus?
    cribble2k likes this.
    04-03-16 06:53 PM
    Agreed. In the medical field it's a big no way. In others I could see it. It depends on the work you do, there are too many choices.
    My good friend is a director of IT for one of the largest hospital and medical insurance carriers here in California. They moved to iOS and Android prior to BlackBerry 10 and BES 10. Managing their mobile needs and keeping HIPPA violations at bay is not as easy. When their doctors phones are locked down it frustrates the users, as BlackBerry 7 phones did prior to BYOD. They have recently switched to HP products and Win 10 for all their tablet and computer needs. He misses his BlackBerry for communications (managing multiple emails) and a physical keyboard. They will be looking at the upcoming HP Elite phone and Win 10 as it develops as they use Office 365 and a lot of Microsoft software. (Continuum with a x86 mobile device would lessen the need for desktops)

Z10 on 10.3.2
    04-03-16 08:33 PM
    Yay, guaranteed. For managing multiple work email accounts, responding with attachments/documents...for sure

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    Yes indeed. No other mobile OS handles multiple emails like BlackBerry 10 and the HUB.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    04-03-16 08:36 PM
    Based on the number of business people I see carrying a BlackBerry.... I would say there are very few jobs where people can't function with out BlackBerry.

OP If you want validation... This is the right place to ask that question. If you want the truth, just look around.
    TgeekB, MikeX74, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    04-03-16 09:12 PM
    Based on the number of business people I see carrying a BlackBerry.... I would say there are very few jobs where people can't function with out BlackBerry.

OP If you want validation... This is the right place to ask that question. If you want the truth, just look around.
    Blasphemy!

Yeah, I think most people have become quite efficient using their phone of choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 09:34 PM
    My good friend is a director of IT for one of the largest hospital and medical insurance carriers here in California. They moved to iOS and Android prior to BlackBerry 10 and BES 10. Managing their mobile needs and keeping HIPPA violations at bay is not as easy. When their doctors phones are locked down it frustrates the users, as BlackBerry 7 phones did prior to BYOD. They have recently switched to HP products and Win 10 for all their tablet and computer needs. He misses his BlackBerry for communications (managing multiple emails) and a physical keyboard. They will be looking at the upcoming HP Elite phone and Win 10 as it develops as they use Office 365 and a lot of Microsoft software. (Continuum with a x86 mobile device would lessen the need for desktops)

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Windows is certainly in a better position but not many have moved in that direction as they are unsure of their future at this time.
    Good info.
    04-04-16 06:42 AM
    For me and my work at present...Yay!

Android and iPhone are non-starters. Windows 10 phone 's promise is exciting, if they could manage to get an Intel processor and Windows 10 Pro running on one.

Until smart phones run on full-featured OSes, I just want them for phone, email, messaging, remote file management, calendars, contacts, tasks, Internet browsing and navigation. BB10 comes with native apps for all of those out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-04-16 08:34 AM
    You still believe that only Blackberry is safe? LOL can I borrow your abacus?
    I am not the one dealing with patient files.
    Yes, the government thinks only BlackBerry is secure enough for them, not me. We are talking business here, therefore BES.
    04-04-16 08:56 AM
    It's always funny when work is described as "I can do this on spreadsheets." That's great if you work with spreadsheets all day long but many people don't. Doing work on a phone isn't relegated to something like doing a spreadsheet, and unless it's something that has to be done immediately on the spot then I'd choose computer any day of the week to do one on.

I hate spreadsheets.
    MikeX74, Elephant_Canyon and TGR1 like this.
    04-04-16 09:45 AM
    I have seen posts from all kinds of people (contractors, plumbers, engineers, etc.) that have had to switch due to lack of apps that they use in their jobs. Even for me, a researcher, I am missing out on a ton of apps that could add some convenience and aid my productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Would you let me know what you are missing out on? I am not trying to argue, but maybe I can help.

BlackBerry 10 app store does have some nice apps, which is another reason I stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 09:59 AM
    It's always funny when work is described as "I can do this on spreadsheets." That's great if you work with spreadsheets all day long but many people don't. Doing work on a phone isn't relegated to something like doing a spreadsheet, and unless it's something that has to be done immediately on the spot then I'd choose computer any day of the week to do one on.

I hate spreadsheets.
    There are times that a 17" monitor isn't enough for a spreadsheet... I hated trying to do even minor changes to a spreadsheet on my Z10.
    04-04-16 09:59 AM

I hate spreadsheets.
    I think that a lot of people here have bought into the notion that work=documents, spreadsheets, email, etc., and have forgotten that not everyone's job involves those things. A symptom of the "tools, not toys" propaganda, I'd imagine.
    04-04-16 10:01 AM
    Yes, I would say so.

With the hub, you can be sure that you are not going to miss any messages.

And there is always an option of having a physical keyboard for the long messages.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:02 AM
    Would you let me know what you are missing out on? I am not trying to argue, but maybe I can help.

BlackBerry 10 app store does have some nice apps, which is another reason I stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Believe me, I have tried. I miss out on using apps for scientific meetings, journals, publishers, various science news outlets, my employer's travel and safety apps, controlling my cable remotely, local news and newspapers, etc. I could go on and on.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:20 AM
    Windows is certainly in a better position but not many have moved in that direction as they are unsure of their future at this time.
    Good info.
    I don't think there is any uncertainty regarding Win 10 and end point users in the next year or so. I updated my laptop but have not yet done so in the office on our networked desktops as much of the software we utilize is not quite ready for Win 10. With the tools and love Microsoft is showing developers I have little doubt about their future presence in the mobile space. Win 10 is some well thought out software that, in my opinion, is going to do nothing but improve.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-04-16 12:14 PM
    I think that a lot of people here have bought into the notion that work=documents, spreadsheets, email, etc., and have forgotten that not everyone's job involves those things. A symptom of the "tools, not toys" propaganda, I'd imagine.
    I don't think anyone has "forgotten" responses are based off need and usage. For me and my business it's email plain and simple. Email is work from clients and money for my employees, appraisers and business. Its simply critical and managing it efficient and effectively is paramount (for me). To date there is no other device that handles a massive volume of email on various accounts (@ 1500 emails and growing on average a week) as well as BlackBerry 10 and the HUB. I have tried Blue Mail and others on Android and Outlook on an Apple device and still no where near as good. (The native clients are laughable) For this reason I love the current choice of a BlackBerry 10 option. It's all about needs and what fits for each user.

04-04-16 12:53 PM
    I don't think there is any uncertainty regarding Win 10 and end point users in the next year or so. I updated my laptop but have not yet done so in the office on our networked desktops as much of the software we utilize is not quite ready for Win 10. With the tools and love Microsoft is showing developers I have little doubt about their future presence in the mobile space. Win 10 is some well thought out software that, in my opinion, is going to do nothing but improve.

I agree but if you go over to Windows Central, you will hear a lot of similar negative comments like on Crackberry. I believe as they are building it out Windows Mobile is just not presently at the forefront, but as you said, I believe it certainly is in the long run.

I bought a 640 for $29 just to play around with. Not bad must say.
    04-04-16 01:00 PM
    Interesting thread. I tried the 'one phone to do everything' trick but ended up with a Z10 for the hub and call quality and a 7" Android tab for the rest. I'm shackled to a desktop PC most of the day, so that does most of the keyboard work.

If the Z10 dies then it's back to to Android, unless we get new BBs in 2016.

BB10 is preferable though, Android's daily updates and the amount of phoning home the apps do is truly horrible.

For what its worth, Windows Phone 8 Denim has great driving modes with auto text replies. I miss that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-16 01:51 PM
    Despite its brief success with consumers excited about accessing their email on their mobile phones prior to the release of the iPhone, Blackberry's DNA was rooted in the needs of its original core customer--business executives and other professionals who do significant work while away from their desks, either running from meeting to meeting or traveling, but who need to stay in touch with colleagues, clients and vendors.

Foe these people spreadsheets, documents, email, etc. have been ubiquitous since the 1990s. I think it's likely that most current loyal BlackBerry users do, in fact, fall into that category.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-04-16 03:07 PM
159 12345 ...