Hi everyone, im new to crackberry, and i currently have an android device, I wanna get a blackberry byt not sure wether to go for the bold 9900 or wait for the new qnx devices. My thoughts are that the new qnx devices may have some teething problems, so is it best to wait a year or so till them problems will sort out and get the 9900, or hold out all together untill mid 2012.
    What are your views?
    11-14-11 08:22 AM
    If you have an Android, you're still going through teething problems, so you'll be used to it.

There's no real timetable for when a QNX phone will come out, so go for the Bold now. Start saving a bit, and when a QNY phone comes out, sell the Bold and put the rest of what you've been saving towards a new QNX phone.

If you always wait for the next greatest or newest phone, you'll never get a new one.
    11-14-11 08:26 AM
    I must admit your too rite there about the teething problems, it hasnt been too bad tho i have the galaxy s. thanks thats a good idea, im really fed up with the full touch screen, and theres only so many apps i use on an every day basis.
    11-14-11 08:31 AM
    I must admit your too rite there about the teething problems, it hasnt been too bad tho i have the galaxy s. thanks thats a good idea, im really fed up with the full touch screen, and theres only so many apps i use on an every day basis.
    If you are fed up with the full touch screen - get the 9900 now, as who knows when RIM will release QNX device with a full keyboard...
    11-14-11 08:38 AM
    Well, you could get a bluetooth keyboard to settle it off until you can get a blackberry or other qwerty smart/phone/device to suit your needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 03:46 PM
    9900. Why compare a device that is out and able to be bought, to a device that has not even really been announced yet?

If you play the waiting game, then you will always be looking for the next thing. BBX phones are not out yet.....so the choice is pretty easy. Stick with Android if it works for you, if you would rather go Berry, there are a few models to choose from.

Cheers,
    11-14-11 03:49 PM
    Well, you could get a bluetooth keyboard to settle it off until you can get a blackberry or other qwerty smart/phone/device to suit your needs.

Very fun ha ha ha:-), i like your sense of humour.
    11-14-11 04:44 PM
    9900. Why compare a device that is out and able to be bought, to a device that has not even really been announced yet?

If you play the waiting game, then you will always be looking for the next thing. BBX phones are not out yet.....so the choice is pretty easy. Stick with Android if it works for you, if you would rather go Berry, there are a few models to choose from.

Cheers,
    That makes perfect sense, ide rather go berry, plus im getting bored with my android and i wanna try something different. ive had my eye on the 9900, but am a bit concerned with bricking and nuking problem ive heard about, is this the case with all 9900 or just a select few?
    11-14-11 04:48 PM
    Bold 9700
    10 char
    11-14-11 11:49 PM

Any in the above image.
    11-14-11 11:56 PM
    If you are coming from android i would recommend you "TRY" and wait for the full touch QNX phone launching next year. if you just cant do that i would get the 9900. not only do i believe its the best blackberry but the best "PHONE"(communication device) on the market.
    11-15-11 04:29 AM
    Get one of the OS7 devices. They are here. Now. They are fast modern devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 04:33 AM
    Blackberry Bold 9790 is the best one !
    11-15-11 06:40 AM
    9810, You'll still have the large screen your used to as well as a full hardware keyboard. Only problem is, slider's aren't for everyone. It is the best of both worlds and has the same specs as the 9900 minus NFC, but you get a larger screen and better camera.
    11-15-11 06:48 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Any in the above image.
    Honestly (and a little off-topic) I don't know why RIM doesn't just stick with these 3 models as their only phones. Perfect and modernize these forms and that should spell success.
    11-15-11 09:33 AM
    9810 or 9900

I like the 9810 because you have the best of both worlds and it is a good looking phone.
    11-15-11 09:57 AM
    The first QNX (actually now called BBX) is going to be a full touch screen, so you likely won't be happy with that. No one has any idea what the next BBX phone will be, whether or not it will have a keyboard, or when it will be coming (most likely late 2012 at the earliest). Get the 9900 ... it's a pretty awesome phone.

Edit: ^^^ and the 9810 is very nice too!

Last edited by 18to7fiddy; 11-15-11 at 12:34 PM.
    11-15-11 11:23 AM
    9810, You'll still have the large screen your used to as well as a full hardware keyboard. Only problem is, slider's aren't for everyone. It is the best of both worlds and has the same specs as the 9900 minus NFC, but you get a larger screen and better camera.
    I can deal with the slider, that wouldnt be an issue, are the buttons on the physical keypad smaller than the buttons on the 9900?
    11-15-11 06:07 PM
    And not having NFC doesnt really bother me too.
    11-15-11 06:09 PM
    Have you ever seen the Bold Bellagio ?

This is my fav device, kinda small like Onyx 2 and touchscreen like Bold 9900 and is cheaper than 9900 and 9810. Basically for me, the best idea by RIM for this Christmas.
    Blackberry Bold 9790 FTW
    Last edited by mauricio123; 11-16-11 at 01:07 AM.
    11-16-11 01:03 AM
    Yeah thats the 9790 isnt it, it does look like a really nice phone, its really slim too. Not heard anything in the uk about when it will be released tho. Dont know if i can wait for too long, my upgrade is due end of this month, so will have to see
    11-16-11 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD