Never try to steal a Blackberry from this woman

A 24-year-old woman battled three other women who were attempting to rob her mobile devices on Vanderbilt Avenue on April 6.

Shortly after midnight, the woman noticed she was being followed by the three women near the corner of Park Place.

She attempted to hail a cab, but failed to do so before the thieves caught up to her and snatched her Blackberry and purse.

But before the hoodlums could get away, the woman wrestled them to ground, attempting to recover her belonging.

Source: The Brooklyn Paper, April 11, 2008
    04-11-08 06:43 AM
    BUT....did she get her little one back?

Dm
    04-11-08 07:23 AM
    Am always scared that in such situations you can be hurt or killed when fighting back.
    04-11-08 08:04 AM
    They can have my BB when they pry my cold dead fingers from it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 08:07 AM
    She should consider herself very lucky to be alive. People kill for far less than a BB.

I know we all love our BB's, but they can be replaced
    04-11-08 08:22 AM
    She should consider herself very lucky to be alive. People kill for far less than a BB.

I know we all love our BB's, but they can be replaced

Adrenaline can take over and some will just react without thinking. She is very lucky.
    04-11-08 08:36 AM
    BUT....did she get her little one back?

Dm
    Not only was she defending her BB, but also her Purse and it contents. Hope she put the hurt on at least one of those crooks, make them Berry black and blue.
    04-11-08 08:44 AM
    Like Blacklatino said (dude you need to give me your name cus I don't like the informality ;o)), adrenaline kicks in and you don't know how you'll react. However I hope that if I am ever in that situation I keep the presence of mind to just give the items to the thief and not fight back. I know of ppl that's been killed for shoes...let alone a phone or bag. Life is too precious to loose it so stupidly....sh*t I'd be like here you go mr thief...and if you have the time we can go around the corner and I can show you where you can get more stuf...LOL.

On a serious note, I was told by this detective I once dated that the best thing to do is to throw whatever they are trying to steal from you in one direction and run in the opposite.
    04-11-08 09:24 AM
    same thing happened to me, a 15 yr old tried to snatch my berry and run but i chased him and some guys standing outside grabbed him. i called the cops and charged him, went to court and all. got my baby back of course but he had threw her. that was the 8300, i just bought a 8310 though.

dont know about these bandits, but the little **** tht tried to take mine said he was going to pawn it for $150 bucks.
    04-11-08 09:24 AM
    same thing happened to me, a 15 yr old tried to snatch my berry and run but i chased him and some guys standing outside grabbed him. i called the cops and charged him, went to court and all. got my baby back of course but he had threw her. that was the 8300, i just bought a 8310 though.

dont know about these bandits, but the little **** tht tried to take mine said he was going to pawn it for $150 bucks.
    Here is a good reason why I wish they would keep Capitol Punishment on the books. 15 yrs old and need money, but is allergic to working, stealing is much easier. Well, a good ole fashion Whipping on his **** (unable to sit for a couple of days) can change his attitude towards work.
    04-11-08 09:38 AM
    Here is a good reason why I wish they would keep Capitol Punishment on the books. 15 yrs old and need money, but is allergic to working, stealing is much easier. Well, a good ole fashion Whipping on his **** (unable to sit for a couple of days) can change his attitude towards work.
    AMEN!!!!

Do them all like that kid they took out in Japan a few years back.
    His red **** was plastered all over the world.
    But I bet he straightened up and flew right after that!
    04-11-08 10:30 AM
    Wasn't that Singapore?? You mean where they cained the kid?

Sorry, anyway, ya know what? It depends on who was trying to take my stuff. If it was someone like a 15 year old kid I'd have chased his *** too....
    04-11-08 10:51 AM
    click clack kaboom
    thats all im sayin
    04-11-08 06:06 PM
    I think I would of gave them everything, too scary out there anymore...
    04-11-08 06:19 PM
    Wasn't that Singapore?? You mean where they cained the kid?

Sorry, anyway, ya know what? It depends on who was trying to take my stuff. If it was someone like a 15 year old kid I'd have chased his *** too....
    Nah hes talking about another incident fairly recent some guy got whipped for stealing. It looked HELLA painful.
    04-11-08 06:19 PM
    Yes, BBs can be replaced but I like my PIN. I'd kill someone trying to steal this baby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-08 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD