When you upgrade the blackberry Operating System the blackberry makes a backup first correct? Where can that backup be found?
    12-30-09 01:56 AM
    If you use apploader then yes. The back up is usually kept in the 'my documents' folder for me. Check there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 02:00 AM
    If you use apploader then yes. The back up is usually kept in the 'my documents' folder for me. Check there.

The apploader?
    12-30-09 02:12 AM
    I don't know if DM makes a back up before upgrading the os. I've only used apploader.

12-30-09 02:14 AM
    Perhaps I can help clarify the information.

BlackBerry Desktop Manager is the software most users will install. I contains Backup and Restore, Synchronize and Applications Loader.

Applications Loader is the actual program that install new software to the BlackBerry. It is also independently installed when you install BlackBerry OS software.

The default setting in Applications Loader begin with a full backup (3 party software included), installation of software then a restore of the data and applications.

The file is called LoaderBackup-(date).IPD, located in Documents/My Documents.
    12-30-09 09:20 AM
    How do u open the ipd files?
    01-16-10 11:59 AM
    How do u open the ipd files?
    They are only able to be read by the blackberry device. you cannot open and look at what is in the file... it will look jibberish to you.

01-16-10 12:02 PM
    I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE HOW TO EVEN ASK A QUESTION ALL I SEEN WAS REPLY TO THREAD I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS I NEED HELP HELP ME PLZ
    01-16-10 12:07 PM
    What are you trying to do? Just learn about a specific BB or how to install the OS or backing up your device?

Generally, you want to start a thread that has some specific info or question in the subject matter.
    01-16-10 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD