I am really thinking of switching to a blackberry. I don't want to do a contract with a cell phone company though. I am in the southeastern US and it's my understanding that I could get a blackberry classic at Target or Best Buy without a sim. From what I saw online the blackberry classic at Target is factory unlocked without a sim. I called straight talk and they stated that some phones coming from Verizon or sprint without a sim may work but they would have to check. They couldn't give me any further info. I don't want to buy this phone and then not be able to use it. Any suggestions on how to do a prepaid plan with this kind of black berry?
    12-16-15 10:46 AM
    The first thing you will need to figure out for yourself is what model phone are you looking to purchase? Z30- Q10-CLASSIC-LEAP-PRIV etc. Then you can figure out if that particular model is available for use with the MVNO you intend on going with. For example, the Z30 isn't available from shop BlackBerry anymore but it can be obtained through a multitude of sources such as Amazon and Ebay. It can be gotten for use with Verizon (STA100-3) or T-Mobile (STA100-5) which can also be used 'for the most part' on AT&T's network (as can the Verizon model).

So how about you look around and see which model peaks your interest, which network/provider you intend on using then get back with us with that information, then we can give you a better idea of what your options are.
    The first thing you will need to figure out for yourself is what model phone are you looking to purchase? Z30- Q10-CLASSIC-LEAP-PRIV etc. Then you can figure out if that particular model is available for use with the MVNO you intend on going with. For example, the Z30 isn't available from shop BlackBerry anymore but it can be obtained through a multitude of sources such as Amazon and Ebay. It can be gotten for use with Verizon (STA100-3) or T-Mobile (STA100-5) which can also be used 'for the most part' on AT&T's network (as can the Verizon model).

So how about you look around and see which model peaks your interest, which network/provider you intend on using then get back with us with that information, then we can give you a better idea of what your options are.
    12-16-15 11:23 AM