So I had to rent a car for a business trip I'm taking and I hooked up my Blackberry Bold through the auxiliary port to play Pandora. It streams really well, but for some reason when I try to charge my phone at the same time (using the car charger), the music gets really fuzzy and soft. Anyone know what's going on? Any fixes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 02:04 PM
    Can you move the charger to another receptacle? How close is the charging bb to the radio? Try moving it away from the source.

07-27-10 05:08 PM
    The BB isn't too close to the radio. I am just not sure why it does that. Any other ideas?

07-28-10 01:49 PM
    Is that an oem car charger you have? If not I would suspect that. Or the aux wire your using might not be high quality enough to shield it. I would try another aux cable first before dumping the charger. Good luck.

Last edited by albee 1; 07-28-10 at 04:45 PM.
    07-28-10 04:42 PM
    I get some interference on my 9630 while charging and playing Pandora/I<3Radio as well. Its not terrible, but I'm not sure what's going on.
    07-28-10 04:45 PM
    i get the same sound when running Slacker through AUX and charging. Haven't found a solution other than unplugging the charger.

07-28-10 04:55 PM
    Yeah I think its definitely interference from the phone. I always get that problem with my berry
    07-28-10 05:40 PM
    Id' be more than willing to bet the interference is a common ground problem in the vehicle.

In the image below, you'll see my Ranger came with a factory aux power port to the right of the radio. If you look at the center console I installed from a Ford Explorer, there is another aux power port on the side of it that I wired independently. It has it's own power source/fuse at the fuse block and doesn't share the common ground that the radio and factory aux power port near the radio share.

If I plug my BB into the radio and the charger into the factory aux charger port near the radio, I get interference. If I plug my BB into the radio and the charger into the center console's aux power port, I don't get any interference.

07-29-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD