no too hard for the lazy like me to keep up
    That's what CrackBerry is for though.
    05-18-09 08:42 PM
    So are any pictures out for this phone or no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:58 PM
    Im a VZW subscriber and axiously awaiting the release of the Tour. However, I do not think you can say it will be the new flagship BlackBerry. The Bold will retain that title...
    05-18-09 10:14 PM
    hmm.
    my prediction?

Atlas = Verizon's 8230. I can't believe that no-one has thought of this yet?
    05-18-09 10:57 PM
    Its called misinformation.
    Atlas, Odin, and Tour are either code-names or complete misinformation.

Onyx will be a real Blackberry name, that will be released... probably will be the 9630 (not 'Tour' as we've been mis-led to think).

why would companys insert "tour" into there systems then?
    05-19-09 03:05 AM
    Its called misinformation.
    Atlas, Odin, and Tour are either code-names or complete misinformation.

Onyx will be a real Blackberry name, that will be released... probably will be the 9630 (not 'Tour' as we've been mis-led to think).
    Where did you come up with all of this? lol
    05-19-09 07:11 AM
    Im a VZW subscriber and axiously awaiting the release of the Tour. However, I do not think you can say it will be the new flagship BlackBerry. The Bold will retain that title...
    Yes, but the 9630 is a close second, and it will be VZ's flagship for a while.
    05-19-09 07:11 AM
    Nope, Storm 2 = Odin.
    Atlas could be the pics of the new Storm just leaked. Technically...that isn't the Storm 2.
    05-19-09 10:44 AM
    I think most all on this site would agree that a Tour with WIFI would be the ultimate smartphone on the market............so why wouldn't they just come out with that? Why not give the consumers what they want?
    05-25-09 06:27 AM
    I was thinkin the same. Nobody in tjheir right mind would want to remind people of the first storm.
    From the article that was posted on BGR I understood that the Atlas was the Storm 2. Which would make sense...Seeing as the only CDMA bb's that have been really talked about at all recently are the Tour, Pearl Flip, & Storm 2....So....
    05-25-09 10:45 AM
    or maybe if they release the storm 2 by this summer they will be able to release the storm 3 by Christmas! JK I've heard that the Storm 2 will be coming out in September though.
    05-27-09 06:18 PM
    Isn't it about time we start hearing a few leaks about the BlackBerry Atlas? Come on RIM, through us a bone!
    05-29-09 04:28 PM
    I'm very interested in the Atlas since hearing the very little we heard from BGR. Essentially that it would drop shortly after the Tour after previously saying every phone after Tour on verizon would have WiFi.

If this phone represents a Tour, but with Wifi instead of World Phone capabilities (GSM radio) then I will be all over it. I have no great use for either but can see much more opportunity to use the wifi than the world phone.
    05-29-09 05:27 PM
    CX stated that the TOUR is the final name of the device and thats it...

Even mike was quoted using the name Tour early today..
    05-29-09 05:50 PM
    Umm. Read my post slower. i'm not suggesting the Atlas is a Tour or vice versa. I was merely drawing the similarity to the Tour.. but with wifi instead of world phone stylings.

presumably:

Full qwerty Boldish keyboard
    3g
    3.2 mp
    similar or same processor/ram
    wifi
    Last edited by kcmoberry; 05-29-09 at 11:56 PM.
    05-29-09 05:56 PM
    I for one do not understand the big WI-FI debate. I had HTC phones for 2 years before my berry. I used WI-FI a grand total of less than ten times. The only reason I would be interested is if they had a program like on a WM phone where you could set it to be a hot spot and network a laptop to it for wireless internat access. Other than that, I only noticed how it sucked down the battery. I guess that is the ral reason I seldom used the feature. You could watch the battery bar drain when it was on.

05-29-09 10:50 PM
    for me in this instance it's not a debate about with or without.. I've never even used wifi on a cell to date.

(caution.. lol.. run on sentence beginning) My point with wifi considerations of Atlas (presumed) is that: given a choice in two supposed (also presumed) similar devices.. with the sole defining difference in them being one has a gsm radio for "world edition" status and the the other has wifi capability.. I'm going to choose the wifi variety.

My reasoning being: I can see a potential use for the wifi feature (like at a wifi hotspot like starbucks or on an airplane or hotel or maybe even on a cruise ship) that I simply can't see in the GSM capability. I wouldnt purchase one of those outrageously priced plans for traveling abroad and using GSM/sim card. The world capabilites on the Tour will probably never be used by me.

I don't need wifi or world edition.. but given a choice I'd take wifi.. I just wanna know if that is going to be the choice I'm presented with in Atlas versus Tour in the near future.
    05-29-09 11:45 PM
    for me in this instance it's not a debate about with or without.. I've never even used wifi on a cell to date.

(caution.. lol.. run on sentence beginning) My point with wifi considerations of Atlas (presumed) is that: given a choice in two supposed (also presumed) similar devices.. with the sole defining difference in them being one has a gsm radio for "world edition" status and the the other has wifi capability.. I'm going to choose the wifi variety.

My reasoning being: I can see a potential use for the wifi feature (like at a wifi hotspot like starbucks or on an airplane or hotel or maybe even on a cruise ship) that I simply can't see in the GSM capability. I wouldnt purchase one of those outrageously priced plans for traveling abroad and using GSM/sim card. The world capabilites on the Tour will probably never be used by me.

I don't need wifi or world edition.. but given a choice I'd take wifi.. I just wanna know if that is going to be the choice I'm presented with in Atlas versus Tour in the near future.
    Good point! That would be good for cruise ships (love cruisin) and can you make calls over the wifi without jumpin through hoops to get it to work.

05-30-09 09:59 AM
    *sighs* The Atlas is not the Storm 2, whole different device. It's at Verizon as we speak.
    05-30-09 10:04 AM
    I thought all info I read pointed to the atlas being the CDMA version of the Gemini but with wifi, so in other words a low end curve 8330 replacement for Verizon Sprint Etc.
    05-30-09 10:28 AM
    I thought all info I read pointed to the atlas being the CDMA version of the Gemini but with wifi, so in other words a low end curve 8330 replacement for Verizon Sprint Etc.
    if that's the case then the atlas has just been added to my wish list. lol
    05-30-09 11:26 AM
    Put it this way, if you really cant wait for the 9630, dont bother with the Atlas. You wont like it
    05-30-09 11:59 AM
    agreed I believe Atlas replaces 8330 and Tour replaces 8830 and storm 2 of course replaces storm.
    05-30-09 12:35 PM
    if the Atlas does represent a lower end phone (ie: not 3g, weak camera - like the gemini) then it will be off my interest list.

we all know most of the core blackberry principles we love are in every BB. what separates them is form factor, camera, wifi/world ed, 3g/non3g, gps.

for me.. 3g, gps, and the 3.2 mp cam with flash and auto focus top my amenities list in my next BB. (i dont own a digital cam.. my BB is my camera along with it's other abilities)

wifi/world edition are icing. as stated.. i'd prefer wifi over world ed if given a viable choice.. but neither deal break me. if atlas is missing my other needs listed above.. it will be stricken.. lol.

"no soup for you!" :P seinfeld reference!

I'll be going Tour if the presumptions above are true.
    05-30-09 12:50 PM
    on verizon all phones on EVDO are 3g. The tour might be REV A vs atlas at Rev 0. I think it will have lower end specs 2.0 camera, but more memory than curve 8330 and maybe a little better processor plus wi-fi.
    I agree I had a curve 8330 and camera was ok now I have 8900 and camera is 3x as good. The auto focus is great, cant wait for first bb to have 5.0 mp camera. I use it alot more than my regular camera for those in the moment type pics.
    05-30-09 01:14 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD