For those who are using Blackberry Assistant how do you use it in your car. I also use windows phone and there is a assigned phone number Cortana in my car's phonebook that allows me to access Cortana completely hands free. I read somewhere on this forum that this was also the case with blackberry assistant but there no such contact in my phonebook.

Also i'm a little confused with the term "voice response" and "voice activation". Is it possible to call up assistant the same way you can do it on windows phone by simply saying "hey Cortana"?

running 10.3.2.798

Thanks
    06-15-15 12:26 PM
    There is no "Hey Assistant".

You can get it started by either hlding the play/pause buttom (between the volume rockers) or the search buttom.

Shame, I know.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-15-15 08:11 PM
    Shame, I know.
    Yeah, it's a real shame BlackBerry and it's Assistant isn't spying on us... Otherwise I imagine it's a neat thing to have... IF you don't happen to value your privacy...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:17 PM
    Yeah, it's a real shame BlackBerry and it's Assistant isn't spying on us... A neat thing to have... IF you don't happen to value your privacy...
    Spare me the nonsense... A service running in the background does not equal spyware.
    06-15-15 08:19 PM
    Spare me the nonsense... A service running in the background does not equal spyware.
    Right...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:26 PM
    Right...
    Indeed.
    06-15-15 08:32 PM
    It will show up when you are connected to bluetooth. If supported by your car. Once connected look at your phonebook through the car, and it will show up. You can also use your car voice command and "call blackberry voice control". Or blackberry assistant I think also works. I saved mine to the cars homescreen as a quick dial.
    Like this:
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-z...-voice-control

You can also try and enter the number in the video manually
    Sent from my awesome Q10
    06-15-15 08:35 PM
    It will show up when you are connected to bluetooth. If supported by your car. Once connected look at your phonebook through the car, and it will show up. You can also use your car voice command and "call blackberry voice control". Or blackberry assistant I think also works. I saved mine to the cars homescreen as a quick dial.
    Like this:
    BlackBerry Z10 in-car Bluetooth integration with Voice Control | CrackBerry.com

You can also try and enter the number in the video manually
    Sent from my awesome Q10
    Thanks so much. I entered the number from the video manually and I can now access assistant handsfree !!!!!
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-16-15 01:35 PM
    Hey, thanks for sharing, guys... :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-16-15 03:57 PM
    I used a bluetooth handsfree kit with my BBPP today for the first time.
    I said the word 'Phone' loudly and firmly and it invoked the BlackBerry assistant.. now I don't ever remember setting-up anything like that. It just works out of the box. Try it!
    09-07-15 03:36 PM
    Does anyone know what is wrong with my BlackBerry Assistant? Here's what happens, it doesn't always speak back to me,i have to turn the speech off and reboot my Z10 and then turn speech back on But they doesn't always fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 04:03 PM
    Does anyone know what is wrong with my BlackBerry Assistant? Here's what happens, it doesn't always speak back to me,i have to turn the speech off and reboot my Z10 and then turn speech back on But they doesn't always fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    I had this problem. What I did was go to settings and change my language and input to English UK. Then go to BlackBerry assistant and change her voice also to English UK. Reboot device. Then change everything back to English US. And reboot again. It's been working fine since. Found it in the forums, but can't seem to locate the post right now. You can try a search of BlackBerry assistant not talking, or no voice to see if you have better luck.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    09-08-15 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was having the same issue (amongst others) on my Z30 after the 10.3.2 update. I ended up wiping my phone clean and reloading the OS. Voice assistant is working like a charm now. An OS reload is a last resort though. Try tex3523's solution first and see if that works for you.
    09-08-15 10:19 AM
    HAL: I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Just for the fun of it... BlackBerry should have given our "assistant" a name.
    09-08-15 10:29 AM
    Ill try that and let you know. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 10:51 PM
    I see where to change the language but where do I change her voice?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 10:54 PM
    For those who are using Blackberry Assistant how do you use it in your car. I also use windows phone and there is a assigned phone number Cortana in my car's phonebook that allows me to access Cortana completely hands free. I read somewhere on this forum that this was also the case with blackberry assistant but there no such contact in my phonebook.

Also i'm a little confused with the term "voice response" and "voice activation". Is it possible to call up assistant the same way you can do it on windows phone by simply saying "hey Cortana"?

running 10.3.2.798

Thanks
    I think there is an assigned phone number but in the case of UConnect, I just push the button on the dash, and say "Call BlackBerry Assistant".

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    09-08-15 10:58 PM
    I see where to change the language but where do I change her voice?

Posted via CB10
    Open BlackBerry assistant. Swipe down for settings. Change languages to UK. It took me a long time to get it right. Hopefully this works for you.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    09-09-15 12:06 AM
    It worked!! Thanks a Ton.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:14 AM
    Just for the fun of it... BlackBerry should have given our "assistant" a name.
    There is a very LOOONG thread for this already.
    09-15-15 01:52 PM