My DTEK60 and friend's DTEK50 doesn't have the name "BlackBerry" on the device, and with the update of the Hub, I noticed the "BlackBerry Hub" was replaced with "Hub" in the app.

What is going on? Is BlackBerry ashamed of their brand name? I would have loved for my DTEK60 to have BlackBerry at the bottom of the screen. It is a fantastic phone! Why wouldn't BlackBerry have been proud to put their name on the device. There is the BlackBerry logo at the back of the phone but it is covered by a case or my hand.
    03-10-17 10:50 AM
    My DTEK60 and friend's DTEK50 doesn't have the name "BlackBerry" on the device, and with the update of the Hub, I noticed the "BlackBerry Hub" was replaced with "Hub" in the app.

What is going on? Is BlackBerry ashamed of their brand name? I would have loved for my DTEK60 to have BlackBerry at the bottom of the screen. It is a fantastic phone! Why wouldn't BlackBerry have been proud to put their name on the device. There is the BlackBerry logo at the back of the phone but it is covered by a case or my hand.
    Because it's a common screen by TCL.

BlackBerry asked them for a custom back cover, so they put the logo there.

Branding is now the responsibility of the three licencees going forward, so it's a moot point now.
    03-10-17 10:54 AM
    Probable more about just saving a few dollars.... by not having to do any thing to those spec phones.

Now it's possible someone decided that HUB+ would cause less confusion, than using the BlackBerry name. People are less likely to think it's an app just for BlackBerry devices.
    03-10-17 10:56 AM
    OP BlackBerry isn't a person, it doesn't feel shame.
    It doesn't feel anything.
    rt2567 likes this.
    03-10-17 11:18 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry would love to plaster their information everywhere but as stated above its a combination of using the other materials etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 11:22 AM
    I doubt it. If anything, they're painfully unaware of the awful reputation of their brand name.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-10-17 11:28 AM
    As long as the Blackberry logo is on the back of the device, that's good enough for me.
    03-10-17 05:18 PM
    Noticed the same with my Iphone. Doesn't say Apple in front or the back. They just have their fruit logo which is covered my case as well! Must be ashamed too

BlackBerry PP
    03-11-17 01:53 AM
    I prefer the launcher icons without the "BlackBerry" in the name. Looks too cluttered with it, and it bunches all the icon when you sort it by alphabet.
    03-12-17 08:40 PM
    I'm just surprised the "app drawer" icon doesn't have custom BlackBerry bullet icon instead of the standard circle with dots
    03-13-17 02:09 AM
    Noticed the same with my Iphone. Doesn't say Apple in front or the back. They just have their fruit logo which is covered my case as well! Must be ashamed too

BlackBerry PP
    The home button giveth it away, though... :-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-13-17 09:57 PM
    Yep seems to be the common trend that the name is no longer on the front of the device. Leaves more room for more important things
    03-13-17 10:38 PM
    The Aurora looks more like a real BlackBerry just because of the name on front. I think that slab phones would benefit from the retro branding.
    03-14-17 10:51 AM

BlackBerry PP
    Mine says designed by Apple in California on the back, but very tiny printing. I don't need billboard printing to know what I'm using ;-) I think the Apple logo is more than adequate, low profile and understated.
    03-16-17 03:19 AM
    I don't thing they're ashamed of it, but the bb brand is old and stale. It's out of touch with reality.
    Just mention the bb name outside to most people and they are surprised it's still around.
    I would love to see one of those memes where it shows people a picture of what people think they are doing as opposed to the reality of what they are really doing.

Blackberry thinks they have the reputation of a Porsche when I'm reality they have the reputation of a rusted out Pinto. Just talk to the average non bb user on the street. That's a reality.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    03-16-17 05:15 AM

Apple do not write Apple on their phones or iPads, except on the puny print that reflects model name and so on.

I think BB are just going for a minimalist approach.
    03-16-17 11:34 AM
    Some may not like this idea or will even dismiss it as "crazy" but if having the BlackBerry logo on the front means a lot to you, then you should buy a BlackBerry 10 device. Seriously, they're not as bad as people make them out to be. Ideally, get a Passport or Z30 if you hate physical keyboards.
    03-16-17 04:10 PM
    Apple do not write Apple on their phones or iPads, except on the puny print that reflects model name and so on.

I think BB are just going for a minimalist approach.
    Apple has the round home key and of course Samsung has their name plate . All things considered having a BlackBerry name is more distinctive than none at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 12:10 AM
    Apple has the round home key and of course Samsung has their name plate . All things considered having a BlackBerry name is more distinctive than none at all.

Posted via CB10
    The Home Key is said to be getting removed in the iPhone 7S
    03-17-17 12:15 AM
    The Home Key is said to be getting removed in the iPhone 7S
    There's no way. That OS revolves around the home button. It's so basic.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 01:42 AM
    How about a sticker? Any sticker of a blackberry? Stick it on the front, and voila!

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    03-17-17 01:56 AM
    There's no way. That OS revolves around the home button. It's so basic.

Posted via CB10
    Supposedly the Home Button is going to be hidden but embedded under the glass and pressure sensitive. So technically still a "home button" but not visable.

Rumours have most tech sites already calling it an Iphone 8 and not the 7S because being the 10th anniversary of the iphone, they are trying to make it seem more like a NEW model and not an improvement on the 7.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    03-17-17 02:24 AM
    Exactly
    03-17-17 02:40 AM