ok hopefully someone can help me out...

i have 4 email addresses- and emails go to both my blackberry and laptop. one afternoon, one of the addresses stopped going to the laptop. they still show up on the phone, but that's it - no emails for that account come through on the computer. i didn't change any settings on either... any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    03-20-08 11:44 PM
    Well... that is likely a computer issue, not a BB issue. Where on the Mac down the email download? Entourage? What application? Check it and make sure all the settings are correct.

You could have your email deletes syncing (if you delete on the BB, it is deleting on the email server, therefore not being download to the computer)? Could that be the issue?
    03-20-08 11:47 PM
    Well... that is likely a computer issue, not a BB issue. Where on the Mac down the email download? Entourage? What application? Check it and make sure all the settings are correct.

You could have your email deletes syncing (if you delete on the BB, it is deleting on the email server, therefore not being download to the computer)? Could that be the issue?
    Hey thank you for responding so quickly-
    I use Apple Mail... Deleting emails from the blackberry hasn't been an issue - I only delete spam for the most part, and let the rest stay for 30 days...

I agree it's most likely a computer issue, but I seriously never changed any settings... 11:31AM I received emails, and from 11:32 on it was radio silence...
    03-20-08 11:53 PM
    Chris B,
    I too utilize my Mac Book Pro with Mail.app & my BB 8830. I have a bunch of questions which will help me help you.

What accounts are you using, what domains? gmail?
    what type of accounts are you using, pop3 or imap?
    are any of the email accounts fowarding to your BB or is your BB just retrieving the email?

just off the cuff, what it sounds like, and I am making a heuge jump into the dark here, but I would imagine you are using pop3 accounts, and your BB is retrieving the new mail prior to Mail.app. Mail.app will then not download the mail since it is already downloaded to a mail client (bb).

I got around this problem by utilizing the IMAP protocol, rather than POP3, on my Gmail accounts, of which i have 1 personal one, and 2 gmail app email addresses. The IMAP Protocol allows your phone to retrieve, but not exactly remove the email from the server, it interacts in a different way with the email server, which allows the email to remain on the server after reading it. so my BB receives the email via IMAP, and doesn't delete the email, later, if i need to retrieve the email, Mail.app can go into the IMAP server and read the already "read" emails.
    03-21-08 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD