I have been noticing a very odd notification recently,I logged into my Google account this morning and as customary with a new device they send an email to my account notifying me of the new log. I didn't think nothing of it as this is the custom but when I scrolled down it said logged in on a mac on safari, and this isn't the 1st time I, redid it and same notification as well i remembered previous night I was watching movies on my phone and it had a pop up saying my mac was infected I closed it as I know was a click bait but found it odd. Question to the cb community has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Send from the power of the force and the  Passport
    04-26-16 04:59 PM
    Did BlackBerry made some deal with apple on bb10 to use there browser? I knew prior it was said that bb10 could run andriod and ios and would this mean we will be able to access the app store?

04-26-16 05:01 PM
    I'm not going to lie. I have read this multiple times and have no idea what you're trying to say nor how you came to any Apple/BlackBerry conclusion.
    bakron1, dejanh, xKingHopy and 3 others like this.
    04-26-16 05:04 PM
    Both Safari and the BB10 browser use Webkit. I think that's the reason.
    04-26-16 05:05 PM
    like Chris said Im not really sure what you are trying to say BUT there is no connection between apple and bb
    bakron1 and app_Developer like this.
    04-26-16 05:06 PM
    Ahhhh, yeah. Any user agent may say Mac/Safari.
    04-26-16 05:07 PM
    I'm not going to lie. I have read this multiple times and have no idea what you're trying to say nor how you came to any Apple/BlackBerry conclusion.
    People grasping at straws and jumping to conclusions instead of doing some critical thinking and research.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-26-16 05:40 PM
    People grasping at straws and jumping to conclusions instead of doing some critical thinking and research.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't be CB otherwise.
    04-26-16 06:23 PM
    Excerpt from the 'About' tab in the BlackBerry Browser:

"THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY APPLE AND IT'S CONTRIBUTORS..."

Posted via CB10
    Originalloverman likes this.
    04-26-16 10:06 PM
    Excerpt from the 'About' tab in the BlackBerry Browser:

"THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY APPLE AND IT'S CONTRIBUTORS..."

Posted via CB10
    Strange, I thought BlackBerry owned webkit...
    So the sexy browser we use. Is actually provided by Apple?
    Originalloverman likes this.
    04-26-16 10:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who is grasping at straws if you read you would hear I said my browser indicated that I logged into my account from a mac on safari when I clearly didn't I logged on from my BlackBerry Passport, and in case you did not read either in the early days of BlackBerry 10 prior it was said that bb10 could load both andriod and ios and we clearly know we can load android aps don't seem that far-fected to inquire if BlackBerry is working on a deal with apple as they did with Google, esp since apple would have been a better option given the direction and close source(ness) of ios compared to andriod. So next time you decide to leave snide remarks at someone's comment you do yourself a favour and you do some research and extert some critical thinking on yourself. And fyi I have no qualms in carrying multiple os as I do daily so I makes no difference to me how many apps BlackBerry has compared to others as I have all 3 major ones at all times. So if your insinuating that I'm dying to get apps onto my prefered brand you a clearly mistaken and that's what the priv is for

04-26-16 10:47 PM
    I logged into my Google account from the browser on my passport. A received a verification notification that I accessed my account on a mac using safari. I did not use my mac I was clearly on my phone. This happened consecutively. As well yesterday after I watch this movie 90 minutes in heaven I wanted to share it on fb with a friend of mines as she was in an accident I googled the title trailer but in the process of playing it, I got a notification pop up that my mac was infected with a virus( clearly a click bait) I closed it and scanned for virus. I was using my passport as well not a mac that's 3 times in the span of a few hours it says I'm on a mac.

04-26-16 10:56 PM
    Webkit is an open-source web-browser project for mobile that was contributed to by many, but was primarily coordinated and funded by Apple. And many webkit-based browsers use the mac/safari user agent string so that the web server will recognize the capabilities of the browser (HTML5 support, no flash support, etc.) and send the right code to the browser. That's what happened here: the BB browser identifies itself to web servers as mac/safari.
    04-27-16 12:14 AM
    like Chris said Im not really sure what you are trying to say BUT there is no connection between apple and bb
    As of March 7, 2013, WebKit is a trademark of Apple, registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. So I think that is a huge connection don't you think?

04-27-16 04:11 AM
    Thank you

04-27-16 04:12 AM
    Strange but true it's actually owned by apple.

04-27-16 04:14 AM
    Webkit is an open-source web-browser project for mobile that was contributed to by many, but was primarily coordinated and funded by Apple. And many webkit-based browsers use the mac/safari user agent string so that the web server will recognize the capabilities of the browser (HTML5 support, no flash support, etc.) and send the right code to the browser. That's what happened here: the BB browser identifies itself to web servers as mac/safari.
    Thank you troy, very informative as usual, I did a little digging on webkit it's in practically all browsers from ios,mac x ,nokia, simbian, blackberry, android, crome browser to name a few this is pretty big.

I found it odd this time is the 1st this happened to me in my history with bb10 from my z10s,z30 and passports it has always said on a blackberry device or more common android or unknown(android) but never had mac showed for me prior so it was a bit of a eye brow raiser.

04-27-16 04:43 AM
    Webkit has been around for years, well before Blackberry used it in the BB10 browser.
    04-27-16 04:56 AM
    Webkit has been around for years, well before Blackberry used it in the BB10 browser.
    WebKit was also used in bbos as well
    04-27-16 07:14 AM
    As of March 7, 2013, WebKit is a trademark of Apple, registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. So I think that is a huge connection don't you think?

no that is not a huge connection at all. You are grasping at absolutely nothing. Webkit is part of probably hundreds of browsers out there. Put the tin foil hat away.
    04-27-16 11:20 AM
    I do remember "some" people here talking about BB10 possible getting iOS apps...

But I file that with the hypervisor dual booting phone, Samsung licensing BB10, Google giving BlackBerry Google Play access in exchange for BlackBerry's help securing Android, a Z50 super all touch BB10 device, BB10 users getting the opton to install Android, PRIV owners getting the option to install BB10.... and Bigfoot.
    04-27-16 11:39 AM
    I do remember "some" people here talking about BB10 possible getting iOS apps...

But I file that with the hypervisor dual booting phone, Samsung licensing BB10, Google giving BlackBerry Google Play access in exchange for BlackBerry's help securing Android, a Z50 super all touch BB10 device, BB10 users getting the opton to install Android, PRIV owners getting the option to install BB10.... and Bigfoot.
    Oh, please. Bigfoot is just a raccoon running Hypervisor.
    04-27-16 01:51 PM
    Oh, please. Bigfoot is just a raccoon running Hypervisor.
    And here I was thinking Bigfoot was a hoax
    04-28-16 09:01 AM
    Yup that's the reason
    04-28-16 10:21 AM

Hey I am very disappointed in you, you forgot the little green men and most important. That all along its been Klingons...........that's why the Priv squeaks...... It's a secret code!

Woof!
    04-28-16 10:24 AM
29 12