I can't imagine trying to run it on anything but the latest hardware. I have a tour and I swear App World is the thing is the slowest, laggiest, most broken piece of software that runs on my device.

I just updated to the new version which requires you to create an account and connect to their servers to retrieve apps now. Every time you download an app or upgrade it asks you for your password. No remember me function. Wat the heck?

Ok so I am upgrading an app, it says "install failed" when clearly it was the download that failed. So then the device literally locks up for 2 minutes while it is doing SoMeThInG?? Then reports it couldn't connect to the app world server.
    Great! As if this software didn't already have enough problems!

Not only do I have to mess with this hunk of junk app world application now I have to authenticate just to have my connection lost, app download fail, and phone lock up for 2 full minutes.

If this was any normal app I would have deleted it from my phone within the first day, TWICE. I was hoping they would improve Blackberry Crap World because the OS changes seem quite nice but no such luck. The fact that Blackberry/RIM Wrote App makes me totally lose all faith in RIM software and it very well may be the dealbreaker when I am looking into a new phone.

Does anyone else have a huge problem with App World being the crappiest software on their device or what? Thank you.
    09-09-10 02:59 PM
    Pls no flame! I am dead serious about how it is the most poorly running thing on my bberry
    09-09-10 03:00 PM
    Appworld account validation isnt for every download, more on a time basis, this is because its linked (potentially) to your credit card / paypal account or carrier bill.

this is EXACTLY the same procedure as used by iTunes on their products, 15minutes aftre password entry and its time to enter it again. its a safeguard so people dont nick your phone and run up your card. annoyance? maybe, but id rather that than the alternative.

as for locking up, well iv not had it myself, but obviously your having some issues with it, im not gonna stand here and say its perfect, but as i say personally (on all my devices) i havent had any issues.
    09-09-10 03:07 PM
    yea it really is a pain to have to type your pass word in every time.
    i wanted to download berryweather at lunch today and went in app world and found it trying to download it,but i had forgotten my pass word,tried twice then it said i couldent log in for two hours because i had tried to many times with the wrong pass word..
    bs...lol
    09-09-10 03:08 PM
    when appworld went to a "bill your carrier account" model, they HAD to include password protection for YOUR sake.
    09-09-10 03:33 PM
    Blackberry's interface is so fast, everything is instant, then i open up app world and its like my connection switches over to dialup on a 286.

I shouldn't complain so much I only use the app a couple times a month but I really do dread it.
    09-09-10 06:58 PM
    Might be a device or install issue because it works just fine on my 9000 and also for some Storm users I was just helping yesterday. Maybe try uninstalling it, reboot and then reinstall it.
    09-09-10 08:26 PM
    I agree. App World is frustrating to use at times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 02:02 PM
    might be youre phone it runs fine on my 8530
    09-15-10 11:05 PM
    App World runs fine for me! Gets laggy at times, and sure it can be better, but oh well.

Personally, I don't mind putting in my password in all the time, since it is for our own protection.. Plus, I wisely chose a cleverly short password instead of some long, hard-to-type, one.
    09-16-10 06:58 PM
    pls......help how to restore my apps in blackberry 8830...

thank you...
    09-18-10 12:17 PM
    app error 523... pls help how to fix this error...(blackberry 8830)

thank you...
    09-18-10 01:30 PM
    App world is just like iTunes. App world is just like iTunes. Yeah, except that itunes works. I made the mistake of going to 2.0. Did not choose a payment option. I have to type in a password so App world shows "authenticating" for 10 minutes. Then says, oh yeah, can't connect to the server. Wow! What a big steaming pile of crap. I have reinstalled the f+@king app 6 times, still keep getting the error. Now I don't use app world. I just get the links that I need sent to my phone. Do you really think I am going to trust my cc info when they can't even get the login right? What a joke. My ipod touch slices into tunes like a hot knife through butter, while my berry couldn't gum it's way in through a wet paper bag. I'm getting update notices for apps I no longer have installed, or for apps that are not supported by carrier/model.
    09-19-10 01:43 AM
    Ditto ^oniberry said.and its times like that I think of jumping
    Ship

09-19-10 06:50 AM
    I click download, then have to put my password in to authenticate, then scroll down on the addendum then click accept, only to have an account information window show up endlessly. There is no way to back out to download anything. Geepers, I tried to call rim but they want me to pay for phone support, umm I just got the phone 5 days ago, but there is no mercy... There has to be a way to bypass appworld to get ones apps.

By the way I'm using the Boost Blackberry 8330, I called boost first, they escalated me twice, but they couldn't figure it out and had me call rim. Back to square 1, another loop.

Perhaps I'm not calling the right number, but shouldn't users get at least 30 days of phone support to settle issues like syncing issues and alike? I would greatly appreciate any and all help I can get.
    Last edited by verngrey212; 09-26-10 at 09:54 PM.
    09-26-10 09:47 PM
    The best way to get around App World: Download your apps elsewhere. Sad, sometimes difficult, but true.

Remember some poor soul puts their apps out there after paying RIM $200 and hoping they'll get phenomenal exposure. So maybe do a battery pull and see if that helps any.

09-27-10 07:00 PM
    Hey Verngrey212, I am having the same problem your are having. Yesterday I called Verizon Wireless Tech Support and was on the phone with them for an hour with no luck as to a resolution. As of today I went to the Verizon Store to show them my issue and of course they said this is the first time they have seen this problem, and the manager tried to work on this for 45 minutes with of course no luck. Below I've copied and pasted what Verizon Tech Support made me aware of on the BlackBerry website..........."RIM Sucks!!!!!!!"

Screen loops when BlackBerry ID or PayPal authentication is verified in BlackBerry App World 2.0Article ID: KB24200

Type: Support Content

Last Modified: 09-22-2010

PrintEmail Document Bookmark Product(s) Affected:

BlackBerry� Devices
    BlackBerry App World�
    Search the knowledge base:

Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums
    Follow us on Twitter� @BlackBerryHelp
    Collapse all | Expand all
    Jump to: Overview | Environment | Resolution
    Overview
    BlackBerry App World prompts the BlackBerry smartphone user for login credentials when Payment Options is selected or to log in to My World. After the user enters an email address and password, the login page reappears and continues to loop.

Note: This issue might be observed with BlackBerry App World 2.0.0.28 and 2.0.0.36.

Environment
    �BlackBerry App World� storefront 2.0.0.28, 2.0.0.36
    �DT 598148
    �DT 853417
    Resolution
    Running BlackBerry App World 2.0.0.28:

Perform an update to BlackBerry App World version 2.0.0.36.

Running BlackBerry App World 2.0.0.36:

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    10-11-10 07:31 PM
    Not to mention that every time there is an OS upgrade you have to reinstall most of your apps. That means typing in the password a bajillion times, presumably, then having to scroll through ten pages of "User Agreement" to get to the Accept button, then six pages of "Allow access to..." for half of them, all for stuff that you already had installed and agreed to. Not only that, but I have never given them my CC or Paypal account info because I don't buy apps. I use a few free ones for sports and other things and that is it. I like my phone but am unimpressed with the App World software and how RIM treats upgrades to the OS.
    10-12-10 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD