Hi i just bought my first blackberry device the blackberry 8900 curve and cause im new here i would like to ask few questions.first of all i was trying to get the app world to my phone but on BB websites shows me that my device is unsupported.how can i get that work?
    second i was looking all over the settings in phone and i cant find the gps.do i need the app first and then i will be able to see the toggle in connection manager?
    and at last whats the difference betwen OS 4.6.1.206 the one i have in phone right now and the new 5.0
    Thank you for your patience and help
    03-07-10 11:46 AM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? App World will not work if you do not have a BlackBerry data plan.
    03-07-10 11:47 AM
    Also, what country are you located in??? That does make a difference... only a few countries are supported on App World.
    03-07-10 11:57 AM
    i find the gps so thats fine now.im im not with the BB plice plan and im located in ireland.is there any different way how to get all the apps in to my phone?what about maps?where do i get them
    03-07-10 12:00 PM
    Maps use a Data Plan... so, does GPS, and App World... most things require a Blackberry Data Plan.
    03-07-10 12:03 PM
    i find the gps so thats fine now.im im not with the BB plice plan and im located in ireland.is there any different way how to get all the apps in to my phone?what about maps?where do i get them
    You might be able to find some apps that do not require a data plan by doing a search of the forums. GPS requires data if you want turn-by-turn navigation. There are some free GPS apps that will pull up maps but not work in real time without the data plan. You can find those by doing a search of the GPS forum. http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/gps...t-data-147262/
    03-07-10 12:08 PM
    Maps use a Data Plan... so, does GPS, and App World... most things require a Blackberry Data Plan.
    any freee apps?like tom tom etc
    and what about the new os?
    03-07-10 12:08 PM
    New OS is here.

No, you will not get Tom-Tom or Garmin for free.
    03-07-10 12:15 PM
    Not that I've ever heard of, but I'm not looking for any... you might want to check out the 3rd Party App Forum and Search for the the keyword: Wifi or Wi-Fi

And WHAT about a new OS??? Can you upgrade your device without a Blackberry Data Plan - Yes, just follow the directions of any OS upgrade thread. Download and install OS of your choice, backup your device, delete the Vendor.xml file, start the Loader.exe program in the same location as the Vendor.xml file... then READ all the questions before clicking the next button.
    03-07-10 12:16 PM
    And WHAT about a new OS??? Can you upgrade your device without a Blackberry Data Plan - Yes, just follow the directions of any OS upgrade thread. Download and install OS of your choice, backup your device, delete the Vendor.xml file, start the Loader.exe program in the same location as the Vendor.xml file... then READ all the questions before clicking the next button.[/QUOTE]

where exactly can i find the vendor file and thanks for help
    03-07-10 01:12 PM
    03-07-10 01:16 PM
    i will thank again
    03-07-10 01:22 PM
    hi another question i wanna setup my email account and in the setup wizard when i choose email setup it shows me only one option that i want to use a work email account with a BB enterprise server and then it ask me for enterprise activation password.what is that?i have my email acc on hotmail
    03-07-10 02:14 PM
    hi another question i wanna setup my email account and in the setup wizard when i choose email setup it shows me only one option that i want to use a work email account with a BB enterprise server and then it ask me for enterprise activation password.what is that?i have my email acc on hotmail
    You cannot add an e-mail account and receive push e-mail without a BlackBerry data plan.
    03-07-10 02:19 PM
    You cannot add an e-mail account and receive push e-mail without a BlackBerry data plan.
    but im on o2 in ireland and i have prepay sim not bill pay sooooo no chance to get this working.thats unbelievable
    03-07-10 02:22 PM
    but im on o2 in ireland and i have prepay sim not bill pay sooooo no chance to get this working.thats unbelievable
    You need BIS plan on O2 to get push e-mail, App World, MMS, and a number of other features. Perhaps they offer pre-paid BIS. You might want to contact them. I'm in the USA, so I do not know what sorts of plans carriers in Ireland offer.
    03-07-10 02:26 PM
    If you need a blackberry data plan, then you should call your service provider and talk to them... if you made a bad choice in service providers, that is not our fault... sorry for you pain.
    03-07-10 02:27 PM
    ill try to call them tomorrow morning and see what they have to say.cause in my old phone (HTC) i was able to recieve and send emails thru wifi.and one more thing before i go.after upgrade to OS 5.0 everything seems to be smaller-menu icons actually everything.can i change that to have them bigger
    03-07-10 02:33 PM
    ill try to call them tomorrow morning and see what they have to say.cause in my old phone (HTC) i was able to recieve and send emails thru wifi.and one more thing before i go.after upgrade to OS 5.0 everything seems to be smaller-menu icons actually everything.can i change that to have them bigger
    It really does not sound like you are going to want to stay with the Blackberry... you're going to have to pay more per month to have a Blackberry Data Plan... but in answer to your question: Options > Screen/Keyboard > change the Font Size... it sounds like you lost that in the upgrade.
    03-07-10 03:10 PM
    i bought the phone today and really like it.with the internet staf im litlle dissapointed but still can check emails using browser cause i have wifi at home and at work so i cant see any problem with that.and im still living in Ireland but moving back home soon so thats while i finish my bill pay plan and go for prepay.
    03-07-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD